Rivals (Peter Parker)

[This is a long Imagine. Enjoy! ~M]

*Your POV*

Flash was leaning against his locker in the cliche "jock guy asshole" pose. He was flirting with me no doubt, but my attention was focused elsewhere. The conversation Flash was having with me was simply background noise as I looked around for Peter. We have chem together next period, and he was my lab partner. I needed to ask him some stuff about the pre-lab questions.

"Hey, you listening?" Flash asked annoyed.

"Yeah. Sorry, I zoned out. What's up?"

"Whatever," he sighed. He was extremely annoyed and I could tell, but I needed to get to class. I told him goodbye before walking to Chemistry. Peter was already sitting down. He saw me, and a huge smile spread across his face. His best friend Ned whispered something into his ear, and Peter slapped at Ned's arm.

"Ready for the lab?" I asked nervously, still worried about the answers I put for the pre-lab questions.

"Yep, I just want to get done with it." Peter chuckled. He looked deep in thought for a moment, before he opened his mouth to speak. Before he could say what was on his mind, a group of girls and guys walked in ranting loudly about a video on the internet.

"Yo, did you see the argument between The Spark and Spider-Man that someone caught on their phone. Seriously, it's all over YouTube!" A guy exclaimed to his friends.

"Looks like they hate having to compete to be the best hero in New York." Someone else pointed out.

"Actually Iron Man is the best in New York." Another kid chimed in.

"The Spark is hot and badass, she's definitely better than Spider-Man." A guy named Benji argued. I nearly blushed at that, but I couldn't let anyone see. No one knew that I was The Spark.

"She's basically a knockoff Thor. Like what, she can shoot bolts of electricity at things until they catch fire? Thor can do that with just a hammer or an ax!" A girl muttered in jealousy. I heard Peter snicker at her comment, and I turned to glare at him.

"You don't think The Spark is awesome? You think she's a fraud?" I asked annoyed.

"Well...personally I prefer Spider-Man." Peter Parker replied with a shrug. I turned around and refused to speak with him for the rest of the class.

[Later that Day]
*Peter's POV*
"Ned tell me where to go!" I yelled into the communication chip in my ear, while I swung past my favorite deli in Queens. Ned gave me a quick left, and I turned. I shot the web so that I would be able to land safely on the ground.

Once I landed, I looked up to see a huge robotic machine crashing into cars and buildings along the street.

"That's definitely not Stark tech." I grumbled in annoyance.

     However, before I could shoot a single web, a flash of light lit up the city block and the robot let out a horrible creak before falling and nearly missing me. The Spark climbed over the dead robot's hand and approached me. People were taking selfies and police were beginning to arrive.

"Late again, spidey?" She teased in a condescending manner.

"Ugh! Next time leave it to me. I'm actually an Avenger!" I retorted.

"Not being an Avenger was my choice!" She screamed.

"Whatever. This is a waste of time!" I huffed, but in reality I was secretly admiring how good The Spark looked. A mask covered her face, but she held herself up with confidence and had an incredible figure, which made me considerably more frustrated.