2.

beautiful cover by @baddreamerxo

***

"Nobody's touching my car" I say for the second time, louder. Apparently once wasn't enough.

"No one will steal your stinking car." Suicidal idiot 2 groans.

"Listen and listen carefully sore loser number Two. One more comment on my car and you'll lose your head too." I warn him in a deadly tone.

He watches me disgusted. Seems he likes me as much as I like him, at least we're on the same page. I hear Nate sigh beside me. He hands his own keys to the guy before heading towards my passenger's side.

"Here, I'm coming with you, that way everyone keeps their head."

I'm about to complain but he sends me a warning glare, his patience wearing thin. I smile smugly at the two idiots and get in the car. I shudder when I close the door and can only smell his scent and mine around us. He's way too close for my comfort.

"So. Where to ?" I ask in an attempt to diverge from the crazy thoughts flying in my head. Like closing the small distance between us and claiming his lips, roaming my hands in his hair or sliding onto his muscular lap. The tension is unbearable. I don't know what he reads in my stare but his eyes show me his lust. After a moment he clears his throat and I watch his Adams apple move up and down. I lick my lips.

"We're not far, just follow the tracks."

I nod and start the engine. I drive down the road in silence glancing in the rear view mirror from time to time to see the other cars following us.

"You're good" He murmurs.

"What ?" I ask, not sure he was actually talking to me.

"I never thought you would be able to take a turn so tightly. I was persuaded I'd won."

I smile with pride.

"You just need a little practice." I joke.

"I see I'm not the only one with the big ego." He laughs. The sound is divine in my ears, even my wolf starts to purr. We arrive in front of a mansion in minutes and I gape at the sight.

"It's huge" I whistle.

I count three storeys, it's almost as if they added pieces to an already existing small castle. The new and old parts mixing harmoniously together. The gardens are perfectly mowed and there is an imposing fountain in the middle of the place in front of the entrance.

Someone's got taste.

Dozens of people are scurrying around working. I watch the spectacle impressed. Nate opens his door and I am bombarded with hundreds of different scents. How many people live here ? I'm not used to seeing that many people together. Rogues stay alone most of the time, or in pairs when they find their mates. The packs I met in the past were never that important in numbers.

I stay cautious as I feel six fighters carefully observing me, two hiding in the forest in their wolf form, at the ready for any coming danger. I smile sweetly at the one up the stairs in front of the entrance and he growls. I'm not surprised, nobody likes rogues. Even rogues don't like rogues. I follow Nate inside, taking my time analyzing my surroundings, the decor is more modern than I thought it would be, with high ceilings. I can see each alpha put his mark, changing it subtly each time. I spot a few artifacts; A Chinese vase from the early days of the Ming Dynasty, an Italian tapestry from the Fifteenth Century and even an African sculpture, knowing the style and its wood being so old I'd say it's probably from the Third Century. Once again I am impressed at what I see.