23.

The kiss of the sun on my skin is hypnotizing, the warmth of the sand under the long towel upon which I'm laying comforting. I breathe in the deep hot salty air around us and listen to the calming waves a few feet away from us. My eyes are closed under large black sunglasses. The breeze tickles my skin as I'm wearing a two-piece swimsuit. I try to ignore everything else. The word is trying. Which I'm completely failing to do.

Everything was perfect until half an hour ago. I woke up early for once and decided to go down to the beach to relax for once, without thinking of anything, especially not about a particular alpha I will not name. I emptied my mind of everything that happened until now, I forgot about that new menace hanging in the air, about the past and its pains and about all the tension between Nate and me that is bound to explode anytime now. I can feel the electricity in the air, the unanswered questions he has and that are frustrating him more and more as time passes. I've tried to avoid him ever since the incident with the vampires, always finding an excuse to flee the room when we are left alone. That's also why I'm here right now, so early in the day instead of under my comfy covers. The weather is nice and there are only a few people around because this particular beach is kept a secret around here. No one wants it to turn into a touristic spot.

So, here I was, minding my own business, ignoring the fishers and surfers and enjoying the calm when everyone decided to join me. At first I thought it was only the two girls but when my skin started prickling and buzzing with tension I knew he was here two. I started tow swear under my breath and refused to look at him. This became difficult when he decided to sit his towel next to mine and when I discreetly opened one eye I almost choked on air. He was wearing trunks. That's. All. How do you want me to react to that seriously !

'Dear lord !' My wolf whistled enjoying the show just as much as I was denying to be.

And here we are now, twenty-nine minutes and forty seconds later with me absolutely immobile, my jaw clenched and my muscles tense, in a state of complete disarray.

What did I ever do to deserve to suffer so much ?

'You were born.' My wolf cackles inside my head making everything more difficult as always.

'What are you talking about, I'm a ray of sunshine.'

You're a pain in my rear.

'You need to let out some steam, you're becoming an hold hag. Look at him with his glistening abs and strong arms...'

Can't you see I'm trying to ignore him right now.

'I don't get why you would.'

Of course you don't you crazy voice in my head.

I sigh and sit up, running my hands in my hair in frustration. I freeze when I hear him growl and sense a surge of power coming from him. Hidden behind my dark frames I glance quickly at him and he's staring at me with eyes shining brighter than ever.

'You're in so much trouble !'

What did I do this time ?! I want to throw my hands in the air in exasperation and throw a tantrum at the same time.

Life is so unfair !

'And you sound like a child.'

"What ?" I ask him when I'm sure I don't want to know what's really going through his mind that's making him so mad.

"Don't you think you're showing off too much ?" He asks back sternly.

"Excuse me ? Is it 1863 again and I wasn't made aware ?" I say incredulously.