20.

It took us three more hours to treat everyone we could, by now the sun has set behind the mountain rocks and it took its toll on the team. Leila is as pale as a ghost and Xavier retreated to the shaded trees to take a nap. Also, I have a feeling Nate kept on giving too much of his blood seeing as some of the people around us are running around with an excess of energy and he seems completely exhausted himself.

"Thank you for all your help." Rob thanks us coming to our little handmade camp. "I'm afraid to think of what would have happened if you didn't show up when you did." He shudders.

He comes to sit next to me near the small fire we started.

"How's your father ?" Leila inquires switching back to her doctor mode.

"He's fine, he should be up by tomorrow."

"Glad to hear it." She nods.

"If you don't mind me asking I have a few questions though." He starts and I know right away were this is going. "How did you know there was going to be an attack ?"

"We weren't sure." I cut in. "But a lot of clans and tribes have been attacked recently."

"Who are they ?" He demands angrily. "What did they want ? I still don't get it. They wouldn't say a word and just enjoyed killing us. They didn't take anything either."

"These wolves are following orders."

"Wolves ? You mean vampires right ?"

I frown. This is bad in so many ways.

'They are forming a supernatural army too.'

How did they succeed though ? Most clans hate each other.

'Well, how did you do it before'

Revenge. I sigh. They are channeling their rage and hatred for the others and showing them a common goal.

"I thought vampires were peaceful creatures now ?" I question.

"We are. At least I thought so."

"Did you recognize any of them."

"No. I'm telling you, they didn't utter a single word so I couldn't catch an accent or anything. And there were at least fifty of them. Some were wearing masks, I guess not to be recognized."

"You probably know them because otherwise they wouldn't have been able to find this place and they wouldn't need to hide behind masks. Do you have any enemies, or someone your brothers might have pissed off ?"

The shadow of a smile breaks on his face.

"Of course you would assume they did something."

"Vincent may be preaching for peace but the twins and Ben are still troublemakers." I smile.

"Last time I saw them they were cheating their way up a casino in Monaco." Leila adds to prove my point.

"Let's just say, they are still young." He shrugs absolutely unfazed by this piece of information.

"Right ! I forgot we were talking to Robert the Fourth, first rule breaker of the century." I laugh.

"It was a life time ago. Anyway, I'll ask around and see what I can find. You say you don't know what they want ?"

"The few prisoners we could get didn't give us much but we know that someone is controlling them. I'm guessing they are attacking out of revenge, but we don't know what the bigger picture is."

"Then why did you come here ?" He asks dubious.

I turn to Nate who remained quiet until now, calmly observing our exchange.