Bonus chapter

BOOM !

I hear the sound of an explosion coming from behind the pack house and suddenly an enormous cloud of dark black smoke appears through the window.

"Everything's fine !" I hear her voice and roll my eyes.

Off course.

'Be nice to your mate.' My wolf scolds me already worried and ready to act.

Steven, my new beta enters my office and my jaw hangs open as I see the state of his attire. His disheveled hair is darker than usual and I can smell it's burnt from where I sit, his shirt is torn on one side revealing reddened skin.

"It...koff koff" He starts to cough heavily, his eyes watering. "Nothing to worry about. Koff. Just a small hole in the wall. Koff."

I put my pen down and sigh before standing up.

"Lead the way." I instruct him waving my hand around in the general direction of the door.

I listen closely to the sounds around, no one is screaming in fear, no one is crying so it should be fine. And yet...

A small group has already gathered next to the training room trying to peer inside.

"Jordan ! Come here right now." Leo, his father hisses. "You too Sydney." He instructs and the two pups come running outside followed by five others.

They are fine, not a scratch. I try to reason with myself.

Everyone parts to let us pass and the murmurs start.

I ignore them and walk into the room, closing the door behind us. No need to have more onlookers. My eyes gaze around to the men gathered here, some of them sport reddened flesh and disheveled hair just like Steven. I keep looking around and freeze when they land on her. She's facing away from me, her long raven hair spread over her shoulders. I frown immediately as my eyes spot her torn and burnt cloths, revealing her stomach and the side of her right thigh. I can't control the jealousy coursing through me.

'Mine !' My wolf growls loudly in my head and I have difficulty keeping it contained as it wants to tear everyone's limbs apart that dares to even glance at her.

"Out." I order gritting my teeth.

"Yes Alpha." My men answer instantly and run out the door.

Hope slowly turns around and her eyes brighten as she sees me. My breath catches in my throat and I forget even my name. All thoughts fly through the window.

She's beautiful and the more I watch her the more I can't believe someone like her actually exists.

And she's mine.

How did that happen ? How did I get so lucky ? I never could have helped falling in love with her, but what is truly amazing is that she'd love me too. My heart starts hammering in my chest. I can feel the pull she has on me, my entire body is buzzing with need for her as she just stands there. Even her scent filling the room is enticing and I can feel my eyes glowing white. I'm still not used to the fact even after two month but she keeps saying she likes my eyes, they are different just like hers, so I guess I'm fine with it. I watch every detail of her face, the small beauty mark on her left cheek, her bright golden eyes piercing through my soul, her pink kissable lips.

I can't take my eyes off her, just like the first time I ever saw her, on the race tracks as she exited her car. She walked with so much confidence, her head held high. At first I could only see her back and I couldn't believe a girl beat me. Since then I've learned my lesson, I have lost enough times to know I don't stand a chance. Even her voice was melodious and sweet as she talked to Roger. When she finally turned around and I could see her face... I wanted her. I wanted her for myself right that second. I didn't understand why, or how and my wolf was just as unsettled as I was. When I didn't feel the bond I was so disappointed it surprised me. I had never questioned the Moon's choices before, but at that moment I wondered why I couldn't be blessed to worship a goddess like her. She wasn't afraid of me, not even once. It was so different from my men and the pack members. They respected me but they were scared of me, afraid I would lose control, I Always felt they didn't like my wolf. I didn't know how to handle her. She pushed me, leading me by the nose and I couldn't do a damn thing about it, She made me question myself instead of her.