11.

The mat in the cell is thrown in the air, hitting the wall powerfully. Nate swings his fist in the bed base breaking the hard wood to pieces. His entire body is shaking.

Damn, he's hot.

By now Jared has been brought to the nurse. Again. The fighters around stay out of the alpha's reach, ready to bounce at any moment's notice just to evade his fury.

"My own men." He growls.

Steven, loser number two enters the room. I haven't talked much with him since the race, compared to my relationship with Jared this one is mostly nonexistent.

"Alpha we found Calvin and Kim in another cell... he killed them." He whispers.

And here goes the wall. Nate is renovating the place really quickly, multiplying the surface area by two. One cell instead of two.

I knew they were dead because I didn't hear their heartbeat before. And a guard never leaves the premises unattended for no reason. Still it saddens me. Especially when I see the sorrow in Nate's eyes. He cares greatly for his men, for his pack.

"Where is Stuart ?" He asks in a dangerous voice.

He is ready to break something new and even though he wants to break the traitor's bones I already know that the guy is long gone. I lost my chance to go after him, trying to be civil.

"He escaped." Steven breathes out with difficulty. "We caught his trail south of the territory but by the time we got there he was gone."

"Send trackers after him." The alpha bites back his orders.

"Already on it Sir."

"How's Jared ?" He inquires next.

"The doc said his wounds were from yesterday. Stuart injected him with some drug."

See, not my fault.

'Yeah right !' My wolf laughs.

Nate turns to me.

"Did he tell you something before he left ?"

"No, I didn't have enough time." I glare at his fighters. "But I think he was ordered to clean things up."

"Why ?"

"Because the rogue was going to talk." I remind him.

"True. Whoever is behind this didn't want his secrets out."

"Are we sure Stuart betrayed us ?" The obnoxious fighter in my left asks, he keeps sending glares my way.

"Is he here with us right now ?" I demand frustrated.

"No." He grits his teeth.

"Didn't you hear Steven say the man left the territory ?"

"Yes. But I know him. I've spent the last eight years training with him. He always had my back."

Nobody likes to realize everything was a lie.

"And even if it's true, what about you ? How can we know you're not in on it too ?"

"You know what, I really want to put you in your place but there are more important matters at hand." I reply and he growls.

'Well, you sure aren't making friends.'

"It's the second attack in three days. And we still don't know what they are after." I continue.

"We have one new prisoner." Nate points at the rogue still unconscious in the corner of the room. "I'm not letting anyone near him, until I know if Stuart was working alone or if he had help."