Chapter 61 - Time to Reunite

Y/N's POV

I awoke when I heard Blaze groaning when he had rolled onto his injured arm.

"Ow...shit...this hurts..." He mumbled almost inaudibly.

I cracked my eyes and I noticed he was sitting up holding his arm. 

Small streams of tears were rolling down his face.

'...oh my Irene...' I felt loads and loads of guilt pouring down on me.

"Heh...Thanks, Y/N, for bandaging my arm at least...not too bad..." He mumbled.

I couldn't tell if he knew I was awake or not.

"You must have carried me huh...Strong girl...thanks..." He mumbled again. 

I felt my face warming up and I tried to cool it down before he noticed.

I decided to "Wake Up."

I yawned and stretched my arms making it look like I had just woken up.

"...Oh...Blaze?! You're up!" I smiled.

"I...Uh yeah..." He looked down at his feet.

"Thanks..." He mumbled. 

"What?" I asked smugly, already knowing what he would say.

"I said Thank You. You could have left me to die, yet you didn't...So thanks..."

I smiled brightly. "You're Welcome~" He glared as I recited the song lyrics.

It was silent for what felt like forever.

"Maybe, we should try to find them...?" He asked suggestively while rubbing the nape of his neck.

I nodded my head in response and stood up.

I reached my hand out to him and he grabbed my hand with his good arm and pulled himself up.

"You sure you can make it?" I asked looking at the injured arm.

"As long as I have it still attached, I think I'm good...and Do you know where we're headed...?"

I thought for a moment trying to recall the plan and our meeting spot.

"I think so..."

"Let's hope they didn't get to the others already..." He mumbled.

I opened the door letting the early sunlight shine down on us.

I smiled at its warmth and then began to walk out carefully looking for any guards looming around.

"We're good! Let's go!" I looked back at him and he nodded in response.

Little to my knowledge, someone was looming and watching us from up above the building. Their shadow reflecting down where we exited, but I was too busy looking for guards to even notice.

_____

Aaron's POV

I woke up quickly when I felt someone grabbing my arm.

I quickly reacted and pulled it back.

"Aaron!!" Aph shrieked as a roll of bandage went flying while attached to my arm.

She glared at me, but then quickly smiled. "Ugh...you stubborn man..." She ruffled my hair and giggled and went to grab the roll of bandage that was all over the floor now.

I sighed and lowered my head and realized what I did.

"You know I'm not that stupid Aaron...I know you better than you think." She said as she was gathering all of the loose bandages.