5th Chapter

He stared down on me with his goggles and lab gown

"What are you doing here in this hour?"

He talked to me. Park Jimin just talked to me. The guy who's one of the most famous Superiors just talked to a Normal like me. Me who ran across the building. Me who's disheveled. Me who evidently looked tired.

"U-Uhm..."

He offered a hand, but my eyes were dead on him. His chiselled jawlines and impeccable gaze. As I was mesmerized with his features, he graciously took my hand to raise me on my feet.

"There," he said, a small smile of contentment in his lips, "now back to my question, why are you here in this hour?" He studied his wristwatch, "The guards should've sweeped for students ten minutes ago."

There was a reason Kim Taehyung had chosen that room. Aside from the being located at the corner, it was the classroom beside the faculty. The guards rarely performed inspection in that area. Positive that there are no students beside the teachers' office.

"I-I was running some late errands."

Curiously, I checked the time to read 5:40 p.m, just twenty minutes away before Jenny hits me up and nag me to go home. My legs were still burning from the running I had to be in this floor.

"So you got yourself to the lab?" Jimin scanned me, looking at me doubtfully.

"Y-Yeah, I was looking for some," Vaguely, my eyes wandered for any excuses, "help. The professor could help me with my science project but seeing as he's not here so I guess I'll have myself out."

When I was about to twist the doorknob, Jimin stopped me. "So how exactly did you get yourself on the floor just finding the professor?"

The question took me offguard. One wrong answer with many possibilities could make me look like a fool. Jimin striked me as an inspective person just as how he threw questions with no doubts.

I trusted my guts. "I was running from the ground floor."

Jimin took the bait. He shrugged as he pulled the goggles from his eye, slinging it to his neck. "The professor just got out. I can relay him your concerns if you'd like."

"That won't be necessary. It's too many to mention in a small talk." I chuckled awkwardly, hands slowly twisting the doorknob. Jimin crouched to reach for my bag, handing it to me.

Slowly closing the door, I made sure no one particular is nearby. When I was assured that they're gone, I walked away from the door.

"Take care, Jin!"

"You too, Jimin!" I said, strolling down the stairs.

The guards were closing the gate when I got there. I had to excuse my way out with another pardon. Walking down the alley alone is something I wasn't really used too. I got home with Jenny almost everyday.

When I nearby the bus stop, I halted.

It was something so obvious yet I skipped on that step, either my mind was still caught in a bramble or I was paying no attention at all but,

Did Park Jimin just called me by my nickname?

---
Eyyy im a mess. I know
😢😢😢😢

*cries in ugly*