6th Chapter

"You what?!" Jenny's voice resonated over the phone

"You what?!" Jenny's voice resonated over the phone. Angry as she was when I disturbed her in the middle of her assignment.

"So I blew one of the hottest guys in the campus, what gives? We were both drunk... I guess." I nibbled on my lip, having no better reactions to provide.

"Jin but still! What if Taehyung spills it with everyone?! He's reputation is not to be blamed but your's!"

"I had that covered, okay? We were both drunk, that's it."

There was a huff on the other line and I could almost see Jenny massaging his forehead.

"What if he remembered? He didn't call for that matter right?"

"No." I lied. I see no reasons to involve Jenny in this one. If my reputation crumbles, she doesn't have to go with me. On my forebrain, I kept remembering Kim Taehyung's far-from-sobriety self. It was so unsettling. I wasn't expecting myself to absorb all of that in a day, but still, the thought that he has something to say still bothered me. I felt like it was a mistake if he kept those words unspoken. There has to be a meaning why he squanders his life like that.

And Jenny doesn't have to know that I was on a heist with Taehyung and his gang.

"So what now?" She said.

"Nothing."

"Jin you wouldn't call me in 1 a.m to tell me that's that."

Even without the close proximity, Jenny has still skimmed through me. She wouldn't be such a good friend if she weren't anything she's like right now. But sometimes the good things hits me up in the wrong timing.

I chose to disclose something to her as vague as possible.

"By a chance, is Park Jimin and Kim Taehyung friends?"

Jenny hummed.

My elbows were numbing as I pressed my weight more so I shifted on my back, staring at my dull, white ceiling.

"Him, Taehyung, and Jungkook. Those three are friends as they can get with their reputation."

So they were friends? But as far as I know, Taehyung's peers right now were what Jimin despised. Jimin might be a cunning boy, but there's nothing more he hates than belonging with the bad crowd. If he was so like Taehyung, he wouldn't stay later in school, in a lab, experimenting on his own, and be an actual student, than hop on drinking sessions and what not undescribable of Taehyung's life in the campus.

"Why'd you ask?"

"Nothing." The gnawing feeling that Jenny might see through again burns.

"Well okay, I know you're all over Park Jimin anyway so no need to hide it."

"Yeah yeah, I'll go ahead. I have to finish something."

I flipped my phone close, reached for my laptop, and switching it on. My fingers tapped on the plastic keys with a click.

If I have to know why Kim Taehyung's like this, I had to know more from the people close to him. Asking him might not be the brightest, we weren't exactly talking and we weren't exactly friends.

I scrolled down to his Instagram profile; wall littered with purple and dark aesthetics, before I stumbled upon Park Jimin's profile on his mutuals.

I was exploring uncharted lands when I clicked on Park Jimin's profile, but when I saw what I came for, I didn't waist time as I input his calling number on my phone.

One might not foolishly indicate their phone numbers in social media, but Park Jimin's one of the school's students organization, so it was a reasonable thought that he had a number for dutiful inquiries.

Hitting the call button was nerve-wracking. The moment it rang was the worst.

I had a feeling that the chase wasn't the last thing in the situation I've been thrusted with Kim Taehyung.

If I want to save myself from all of this, I might as well save someone who badly needs help like I do.

---
Eyyyy!

Leave a vote if you'd like!