PART - 13

'Mihir... I want a grand party for my daughter. She's the piece of my heart.'
'Don't worry sir. My friend vikas bhatia is a very well-known party organiser. Trust me he'll rock the party.'

Raman was so much excited. His daughter was going to be 3 the next day. He dialled his wife's number.
'Shagu, have you planned gift for our roo??'
'Well.. Hmm.. Actually...'
'Leave it shagun. I know you're so busy that roo is a kinda burden for you. '
'Raman why're you always blaming me?? I had told you that we should abort the child but no!! You and your sicko mom!! I had told you already that I can't take her responsibility. I'm too busy to do that. And ruhi was your wish .. Did you remember???'
Raman cut the call and threw it on bed angrily. 

       HAS DEFINITION OF MOTHERHOOD CHANGED?? HER MOTHER IS BEHAVING LIKE A RANDOM STRANGER TO HER BUT A WOMAN WHO HAS NO CONNECTION WITH HER IS PAMPERING HER WITH MOTHERLY DIVINE LOVE!!!

He still remembered Roo's last day at KHANNA residence. Adi's school were starting from the very next day and ishita had to resume her CEO job in her husband's company. And raman had opted the best kindergarten school in the city for his only child. 'LIL WORLD' was indeed the best choice for roo. She was so much in love with her new school. In fact.. Her daily indoor game was 'SCHOOL SCHOOL' . Teachers were so loving caring and sweet by nature. But adi was least happy with Roo's departure. He cried his heart out and begged his mother to bring her back. It was such a difficult task for ishita to calm him and bring him back to his studies.

     I SHOULD INVITE ISHITA AND ADI!! THEY MADE MY POOR DAUGHTER ALIVE!!

'Hello aditya KHANNA speaking.. Who's this??'
'Beta I'm raman uncle speaking.'
'Oh uncle!! Hi!! We're missing you and roo sooo much.'
'Can I speak to your mom beta??'
'Uncle.. Mom is changing. Just wait for few minutes.'
'Adi you have no sense about what to talk and what to not talk.' Ishita became embarrassed on hearing adi's words on phone.
'Mamma you only said one should always speak truth.'
'Shut up and give me the phone.'

Raman was smiling on hearing funny mother-son convo.

'Sorry for making you wait raman.'
'Its okay ishita. I wanted to ask.. Would you like to come to roo's birthday party?? Tomorrow 8 pm .. My house..'
Adi was listening to their convo. He snatched the receiver from ishita...
'Why not uncle.. We'll surly come.'
'See you tomorrow champ.'

NEXT DAY EVENING,, BHALLA HOUSE

'Hi champ!! Looking very handsome..'
'So are you uncle!!'
'Hi ishita!!'
'Hi raman!!'they came forward to hug but hesitated and moved back. Shaking hands was less awkward. Ishita and adi went from there to meet roo.

'Hello my business partner. How're you??' OH SHE HAD COME WITH HER HUBBY!! 
'I'm good.'
'I've heard you were sending your daughter to my wife?? Nice excuse to meet ex girlfriend ha??'
Raman took a deep breath to calm his anger.
'Its a shallow thought of your shallow mind ASHOK.'
'Come on !! My wife is like an addiction. A woman with perfect curves. She's like ...'
'Stop it ASHOK KHANNA!! She's your wife!! Give her some respect dammit!!'
'Oh really?? She can enjoy other man's company at my home and I can't even blame her??'
'You're a guest here. So enjoy and let enjoy. I don't like to hurt or hit guests!!' Raman gave him a glass of whine and went to find look for wife.

'Shagun... Why're you taking so long?? It's time to cut the cake.'
'Wait for a minute darling. I need to look my best. After all I'm a famous model.'

She came after another 20 minutes. Husband-wife came downstairs. Shagun secretly gave a flying kiss to ASHOK .. Who was enjoying drinks at bar counter. ASHOK winked at her. Raman was constantly looking at ishita ruhi and adi.. The trio had special places in his heart. He was too busy to notice ASHOK and shagun's secret romance.

Ruhi cut the cake with her father. Everybody clapped and gave blessings to the little girl. Roo put cake in her fathers mouth. Raman's heart was pounding with feelings. He took ruhi to her mother. But roo pointed to the woman she loved most.. Shagun felt hell insulted!! How can she prefer another woman than me?? Roo fed cake to ishita and adi... 

DIL SE DIL KA RISHTA JO HAI
PAL DO PAL MEIN MIT TA NAHIN
BANDHAN DILO KA TOOT TA NAHIN

TERE DIL KA MERE DIL SE
RISHTA PURANA HAI
IN AANKHON KA HAR AANSOON
MUJHKO CHURANA HAI

Santosh was feeling like kicking out ishita from house from the moment she entered. But she couldn't spoil her son's mood on the auspicious day. But she could feel a strange connection between her grandchild and ishita. She was craving to see motherly love in her daughter in law's eyes.. But she failed to do so!! But today she found that motherly love!! Not in shagun but in the woman she rejected once. Her mind stopped her to do such useless comparison. But her heart was feeling exactly opposite!!

Adi danced with her little bestie. He told jokes to entertain the guests. He was so keen to make roo's birthday special. Ishita and raman were stealing glances of each other. But their spouses were too cheesy to leave them alone with each other. Shagun dragged raman for media interviews and ASHOK was as usual busy with new plans to impress his wife... But ishita was not shagun after all!!!

A phone call disturbed Ashok's flirting sessions...

'Just coming darling!! Muahh!!'

'Arey Suraj tu??? How're you yar!??!!?'
'I'm all right!! Won't you come for a drink with friend??'
'Arey yar but...'
'No but-vat.. I want you here right now.'
'Okay okay I'm coming.'

'Sweetheart I'll have to go. Malhotra is calling me for company discussion.'
'But how'll we go to home then??'
'I'll send a car.. Don't worry.'

FEW HOURS LATER

Ishita was waiting for a car in the parking lot bench. Adi was asleep on her mother's shoulder. 

'Ishita can I drop you ??'
'Raman?? It's alright.. ASHOK is sending car.'
'Its too late ishita. Please.. Think of adi..'
She agreed hesitantly and made adi sleep on bck seat with help of raman.

HUM TERE BIN AB REH NAHIN SAKTE
TERE BINA KYA WAJOOD MERA
TUJHSE JUDA AGAR HO JAYEGE TO 
KHUDSE HI HO JAYEGE JUDA

Raman wanted to put his hand on gear but accidentally it touched hers. Their eyes met for a long time. Raman always wanted ishita in the seat next to him. Today it was dream come true.

KYUKI TUM HI HI AB TUM HI HO
ZINDAGI AB TUM HI HO
CHAIN BHI MERA DARD BHI 
MERI AASHIQUI AB TUM HI HO

TERA MERA RISHTA HAI KAISA
EK PAL DOOR GAWARA NAHIN
TERE LIYE HAR ROZ HAI JEETE
TUJHKO DIYA MERA WAQT SABHI

KOI LAMHA MERA NA HO TERE BINA
HAR SAANS PE NAAM TERA

KYUKI TUM HI HO AB TUM HI HO
ZINDAGI AB TUM HI HO
CHAIN BHI MERA DARD BHI
MERI AASHIQUI AB TUM HI HO

                     *******