Chapter 1

I: Hurry Up!

I: Hurry Up!

✧༺♥༻✧

"SELENA GET OUT!" A.B. banged on the bathroom door.
"WHY DON'T YOU USE ANOTHER BATHROOM IN THIS HOUSE?!" Selena yelled back.
"BECAUSE MY STUFF IS IN THERE! HURRY UP PETE IS ALMOST HERE!"
"WELL TELL YOUR LONG-HAIRED FRIEND TO WAIT. I'M CHANGING!" Selena yelled.
"What going in here?" Marcella put a hand on her hip as her other hand held a wooden spoon, which she'd been stiring the rice with.
"I need to go to the bathroom and Selena won't get out!" A.B. told his mother. The door swung open. Selena put the towel over her shoulder and walked out.
"Happy?!" Selena rolled her eyes at her brother and walked towards her room.
"This is why I need my own bathroom." A.B said.
"This is why you shouldn't be living with us anymore," Selena remarked from down the hallway.
"Both of you stop! Don't make me tell your dad," Marcella told her children and walked downstairs. Selena walked into her room and closed the door. She turned the air conditioner on and started to brush her hair out.
"Did I have math homework?" Selena asked herself. She put the brush down and started to panic. Selena rushed to her book bag and started taking everything out. She put a hand over her chest with relief.
"Thank god I didn't," Selena proceeded to what she as doing before.
"Selena, you're still not ready?" Suzette asked.
"School starts in 20 minutes!" Selena looked over at her sister.
"Calm down Susie. I'll just drive myself to school," Selena said.
"I wasn't planning on driving you to school. I just don't want you to be late again," Suzette leaned against the door frame.
"Okay, that's because I overslept. Now leave I need to change," Selena looked over at Suzette, who shook her head and closed the door. Selena brushed her off and got changed.

Selena grabbed her bag and went down stairs

"Ya me voy," (I'm leaving now)She called out to her mom. Selena grabbed her lunch from the counter and kissed her mom on the cheek.
"Take care, mija," Marcella answered. Selena ran out the door and into her car. She drove to school.
***
   Selena parked her car and got out. She walked into school and spotted Maria and Candice. The girls waved at Selena. Selena waved back.
"So, I heard there is a new student," The girls walked towards homeroom.
"Who?" Selena asked.
"Well I don't know. Some girls are saying he's ugly and others are saying he plays the guitar," Candice answered.
"Oh.." Selena answered.
"Well maybe Selena might find a new boyfriend," Maria winked at Selena. Candice and Maria laughed.
"I don't think so. Plus, people are saying he's ugly," Selena said. Candice and Maria shrugged. They walked into homeroom.
***
   Selena wrote on the edge of her paper.
Mi corazón se enloquece
Y me....
"Welcome Mr. Perez," The teacher said. Selena looked up from her paper.
Selena's POV
   I think he's the new kid. Okay, he isn't ugly....but he isn't cute....maybe just a little. Ugh! Selena you have no time for boys!
"You can sit..uhh...right behind Selena," The teacher pointed. I was currently sitting like a hunchback dwarf. Now I must straighten my back and that hurts so damn bad. I straightened my back as he walked over and sat down. I loved being the last one in this row. All the way in the back of the class. Wait...it's May. Why would he come into school so late? I mentally shrugged. I covered the lyrics I wrote at the bottom of my paper as the teacher walked by. Honestly, I hate everyone in this class. I have no one to talk to in History. No one that I like and enjoy to be around.
"Selena?" The teacher called. I looked up and saw all the eyes on me.
"Can you answer the question?" He asked. Damnit! What did he ask?
"What?" I asked.
"When was the United States finally free from Britain?" He asked.
"July 4, 1776," I answered.
"When did the United States join World War 2?" He asked another question. Why would he asked me these two questions?
"December 7, 1941," I answered.
"Why are these two dates important?" Now I was stuck. Because they are major dates? No. THINK FAST!
"Because the United States showed that we were a force to be reckoned with," I cautiously answered.
"Okay." He said before moving on to someone else. I scribbled more lyrics onto the corner of the paper.
...Bidi Bidi Bom Bom
What goes Bidi Bidi Bom Bom? Hmm?.... that's the noise my heart made when I saw "Mr. Perez" walk over here.....I want to go home. I'm actually starving. Why didn't I eat any-
SMACK!
I jumped at the sound of that. I looked up and saw everyone looking at the board. Was I the only one who heard that? I looked down at my feet. There was a pencil. Did this kid actually drop his pencil? Should I get it? Just get it, Selena. I reached over and got it. I turned back and set it in his desk. His head was down as he mumbled "Thank you". I just gave a small smile. He probably didn't even see me smile. I tuned back around.
"Selena," WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS TEACHER?! I literally do something small and he calls on me. I don't even have my hand up.
"Yes?" I asked.
"Could you stop distracting the new student please," The only way I felt...