Chapter 6

VI: Apologies

VI: Apologies

✧༺♥༻✧

Selena leaned against her door. She heard Suzette and Marcella arguing against A.B. and Abraham. Her left part of her lip was lifted up into a sigh. Selena made sure that the door was locked. She walked over to her bed and jumped onto it. Her face was buried into a pillow and she screamed into it. Selena didn't scream so loud so everyone in the house couldn't hear. She lifted herself up.
"Great. Now Chris thinks that I have a dysfunctional family." Selena whispered to herself.
***
After hours of being locked in her room, Selena heard a knock. She slowly got up and opened the door.
"Yes?" She asked her father.
"Can I come in?" He asked. Selena huffed and opened the door wider. Abraham sat down on Selena's bed. She closed the door and sat next to him.
"Look, Selena. I didn't mean to get mad at you. I just don't want you to be getting into fights and ruining everything you've worked for." He sighed.
"I don't want you to mess up. I just want you to peruse your dreams. In order to do that, you have to act the right way," He finished. There was an awkward silence. Selena picked at her nails.
"I'm sorry for yelling at you. I know I'm not suppose to do that," Selena looked up at her father.
"I accept your apology." He smiled and opened his arms out. She smiled back and accepted his hug.
"So we're cool?" Selena asked.
"Yes, we're cool," He mocked.
"Well. It's time to go to sleep. I'll see you in the morning," He kissed his daughters forehead.
"Night." Selena called out as he shut the door.
***
"It's been quite some time since we've seen each other," Selena walked up to Candice and Maria.
"Yeah," They both answered.
"So how did your parents react?" Selena asked.
"My parents were mad, but not super mad," Maria answered. The girls started walking inside the building.
"My parents weren't mad at all. They said we did the right thing," Candice shrugged.
"Well my dad was furious. My mom wasn't so happy about it. She wasn't as mad as my dad," Selena raised her eyebrows while talking.
"At least we only got suspended for one day. If not our parents would've kill us," Maria added.
"Yeah." The girls walked down the hall. They maneuvered their way through the tons of people before getting to Selena's locker.
"Well I have some news." Selena opened up her locker.
"What?" Candice and Maria asked.
"So what happened is that when my dad was yelling at me, A.B. came out of his room...with Chris," Selena grabbed the books she needed.
"Oh my god!" Candice leaned on the lockers.
"So now he probably thinks I have a malfunctional family. Anyway, to the point. Suzette told me that we had a new band member. I totally didn't expect it to be Chris," Selena picked up her book bag and closed her locker.
"No way!" Maria looked over at Selena.
"Yeah way," Selena nodded.
"That must be pretty awkward." Candice commented.
"It probably will be. Especially today when I see him. I will probably scare him off and he'll leave the band," Selena sighed.
"You'll be fine. Don't worry," Candice wrapped her arm around Selena's shoulders.
"HEY BUDDY!" The girls heard from across the hall. Everyone made way for Matt, Jeff, and Chris to get through.
"Oh my lord. Please let the floor just swallow me," Selena looked down.
"Hey. You'll be fine. Just go with the flow," Maria reassured her.
"Hey guys," Candice waved.
"Jeff you need to stop causing such a scene." Selena scolded him.
"Yeah, whatever," He answered, making the girls roll their eyes.
"So how'd you guys make out with your parents?" Matt asked.
"My dad was so mad. My mom wasn't as mad as him. Basically, she was upset and he was furious," Selena explained. She just wanted to get it over with.
"Ahh," He nodded.
***
"Guys, let's try not to get separated." Selena challenged them.
"Alright. We'll hold onto each other's bags and walk." Maria said. The girls got into a horizontal line and held onto each other's bags. They walked through the halls.
"My locker is over there," Selena pointed with her free hand.
"Selena, didn't you get everything before we went to lunch?" Candice asked.
"No. Hold on, let me try to go in front," Selena started walking in front of Candice. This meant she had to walk both sideways and backwards. Selena lost her balance because she bumped into the kid behind her. Within seconds, Selena fell on her butt. The most amazing part was that she was still holding onto Candice's book bag strap. Candice was pulled down just a little, along with Maria. Despite that, both of them managed to maintain their balance. Selena sat on the floor as the three girls laughed hysterically.
"Haha! You just fell!" Jeff yelled out as him, Matt, and Chris walked up to them.
"I watched all of that happen right before my eyes!" Matt slapped his thigh. The three guys laughed.
"That was amazing!" Maria laughed.
"I was just trying to get over to my locker!" Selena spoke as she laughed.
"I love how you still held onto my book bag!" Candice commented.
"My butt hurts!" Selena slowly got up.
"Are you okay?" Chris smiled. Selena was surprised that he had said anything.
"Yeah.... I hope I am," Selena walked over to her locker. The rest followed.
"See, at least someone cares to ask if I'm alright," Selena smiled and shook her head. She opened her locker and grabbed a book.
"Dude, I feel like I have a bruise." Selena closed her locker.
"Look, it was so powerful that you even cleared the hallways," Jeff looked around.
"Shut up!" Selena slapped Jeff on the arm.
"I won't be able to live down this moment," Selena commented.
"Yeah, every time I think of you, this is what will come to mind," Matt brushed his fingers through his hair.
"Haha," Selena rolled her eyes and smiled as they exited the building.
***
Selena sat on her bed. She was drawing an outfit with Deborah right beside her.
"And maybe I could wear a red bustier with it," Selena showed her what she had sketched.
"Girl, you come up with the cutest designs." Deborah examined it.
"Thanks," Selena smiled.
"So when is your next concert?" Deborah asked.
"Tomorrow. I'm going to try to see the jewels onto the bustier tonight." Selena answered.
"Oh that sounds cool," Deborah replied.
"Pizza's here!" Suzette peeked in. Both girls jumped off the bed and ran downstairs. They ate their pizza slice peacefully.
"You know, maybe I should start sewing the jewels in right now," Selena got up and threw her plate away. She rushed into her mothers room.
"Ma can you help me with something?" Selena asked.
"Right now mija?" Marcella asked.
"Yes..." Selena answered. Marcella groaned. She turned off the tv, got up, and followed Selena to her room.
"What is it mija?" She asked.
"Well I have an idea for tomorrows concert," Selena showed her mother the sketch.
"I need help with sewing the jewels on," Selena said as her mother looked at it.
"Okay.." Marcella smiled at Selena.
***