Chapter 8

VIII: Closer

VIII: Closer

✧༺♥༻✧

Selena got up from where she was laying down. Her shoulder hurt from the position she had slept in. Looking past the little hall, she noticed how bright it was. She got up quietly, making sure not to wake anyone up. To her surprise, everyone was already in the front of the bus.
"Look who's finally up,"
Suzette called out to the rest of the band members.
"Hi," Selena smiled and kept walking to the front.
"Hey, Dad?" She asked. He looked over at her and nodded.
"Are we almost making a pit stop?"
"Yes, in about five more miles," He replied. Selena nodded and walked over to where her mother was sitting. She helped herself and sat down as she leaned on her mothers shoulder. Marcella smiled.
"What time is it?" Selena asked. Marcella looked down at her watch.
"It's almost ten in the morning, mija," She replied. Selena looked up at her mom.
"It's already ten?" The puzzled look on Selena's face made her mom laugh a little.
"Yes mija, ten," Marcella confirmed. The bus came to a stop and everyone from the back rushed out. As Selena saw A.B. coming, she stuck her foot out. A.B. tripped and Selena covered her mouth as she stood up. Walking down the steps, she couldn't help but giggle a little.
"Selena!" A.B.'s angry voice startled everyone, causing them to turn around.
"What?" Her lips formed a thin line as she tried not to laugh.
"Get back here!" He yelled.
"I don't need to. I'm hungry, so I'm going in the store." Selena turned back around and passed by the rest of the band mates. Suzette followed right behind her sister.
"What's up with him?" She whispered.
"I tripped him," Selena nonchalantly whispered back. Suzette did just what Selena had done before, and she covered her mouth. The girls giggled a little as they entered the bathroom.
***
"Pete, you want to play some video games?" Selena asked as she looked down at her nails. She tried to stop the chipping nails from getting ruined, which was impossible.
"Haha, no." Pete sarcastically answered, receiving an eye roll from Selena.
"You're just scared that I'll beat you at it," She looked up at Pete.
"No, I know you'll cheat and then beat me. I'm not up for those games today," He shrugged and got up.
"Rat," Selena blurted out as he left. The sigh on her face grew as she heard laughter coming from the front of the bus. Selena shrugged and started plugging in the controllers. As she was about to start a game, she heard someone step into the back of the bus. Turning around, she saw it was Chris.
"Hey," Selena turned back to her video game.
"Hey," Chris replied.
"Want to play some video games?" She asked. He knew that if he agreed, he would definitely be challenged. Although he wasn't up for a challenge right now, he didn't want to say no.
"S-sure?" He scratched the back of his head. Selena smiled and scooted over before patting the spot next to her.
   Some button clicking, yelling, and slaps later, Chris had managed to win the game. Selena's jaw dropped as she had just been defeated. Chris smiled. He knew that this wasn't over. Selena never liked to lose at anything.
"You know what Chris?" Selena seriously asked. Chris's smile dropped, knowing that she would probably start yelling.
"What?" He carefully asked. She raised her eyebrows.
"You're pretty damn good at this game. No one has ever beat me," She smiled a bit. The smiled returned on his face.
"Thank you," He replied.
"Now let's do this again," Selena looked back at the screen and hit play.
***
   "And that, my friends, is how you get a good room." Selena said as they all walked to their hotel rooms.
"How? By being Selena?" Pete joked, which earned him a slap on the arm by Selena.
"Well we're going to our room now." Selena grabbed Suzette's arm and the two girls walked into their room.
"Okay. This isn't that bad." Suzette mentioned as she kicked the door closed.
"Yeah, probably better than the ones the boys are staying in," Selena giggled. Suzette just nodded in agreement.
"You know, I'm so glad to be able to take a shower," Selena said as she opened her suitcase to take out her pajamas.
"Yeah, me too. Are you going to take a shower first or me?" Suzette asked.
"Rock paper scissors. Who ever wins goes first," Selena challenged as she prepared for war(rock, paper, scissors). Suzette chuckled at Selena's serious face.
"Alright,"
Rock.
Paper.
Scissors.
Shoot.
Selena had rock and Suzette had paper. Selena's jaw dropped as she had just been beaten. Maybe today just wasn't her day to win anything. Suzette put on a goofy smile, knowing that she didn't always have success on beating Selena at something.
"I'm so going to get you back!" Selena spoke, as she fought the urge to smile. Suzette shook her head before walking into the bathroom.
***
The already showered Selena sat on her bed, looking through various movies to choose from. Suzette was on the other bed, reading a magazine.
"Susie, I don't know what we should watch." Selena groaned as she kept looking down at the CDs.
"Let me see," Suzette put down her magazine and scooted over to the edge of her bed. Selena showed Suzette the options from her own bed.
"The Exorcist." Suzette flatly stated.
"I'm not watching that. It's too scary," Selena shook her head.
"Well then why do you have it in there?" Suzette asked.
"Because it was one of the movies that I found in the living room. I took it along because I thought it would be cool, but uh-uh," Selena replied.
"Then if you don't want to watch it, take-,"
Knock
Knock
Selena and Suzette looked at each other and then at the door.
"I'll go get it," Suzette whispered. Selena nodded and looked back down at the movie choices. Too caught up in choosing a movie, Selena hadn't noticed that the boys were the ones who knocked. She finally realized when she felt her bed sunk. Quickly looking over at the edge of her bed, she noticed that Ricky had sat down.
"Oh hey guys," Selena bit her nails as she quickly looked back down at the movies.
"What's up with her," A.B. asked Suzette. Everyone looked over at Selena, then back at Suzette for an answer.
"She's trying to decide which movie her and I are going to watch, but since you guys are here, maybe you could watch it with us," Suzette suggested. The boys nodded in agreement. Joe got up and sat down next to Selena, looking at the choices.
"I dare you to put on The Exorcist."
"Joe!"
"Come on Joe, really?"
"Joe!"
"Man, what did you just do?"
"What?" Chris asked, clearly confused at why they all snapped at Joe.
"You should never dare Selena to do anything, because she'll do it," Pete answered his question.
"Oh," Chris furrowed his eyebrows.
"The Exorcist it is," Selena huffed.
"Selena, you don't have to put it on," Suzette told her.
"No, I'll be fine,"

Five minutes later, the movie was playing on the small, fat television.
"Okay, can one of you sit next to me? I feel like something is just going to pop out of nowhere," Selena looked around the room. The rest of them looked at each other. They all knew that Selena would hold onto them tightly throughout the whole movie, and quite frankly, they weren't in the mood for that. Noticing that no one was getting up, Chris got up himself and sat next to Selena. Everyone gave him a pity look. Of course, he didn't know what he was getting himself into.
"Thank you," Selena whispered in his ear. He looked up at her and nodded in response. Holding a pillow close to her chest, she watched, tempted to watch the movie.

As a jump scare came on, Selena grabbed Chris's arm, looking for comfort. Shocked at the action, Chris didn't move. Instead, he just pretended not to notice and just keep watching the movie. Throughout the whole movie, Selena had squeezed, moved, and suffocated his arm. Right now she had her head laying on Chris's shoulder. Holding onto Chris, the movie didn't seem to scare her as much as it did before. She knew that if something were to grab her feet(which were hanging off the bed), she would have someone to hold onto. Having that thought in mind, Selena quickly moved her feet up on the bed. Getting dragged was not listed on her plans today. Although it might seem cheesy, she felt shielded from any harm. Like whenever she squeezed his arm, nothing bad would happen to her. Totally zoning out, she felt her eyes begin to become heavy.

Not wanting to watch the movie any longer, she let the exhaustion take over her body.

-ˏˋ♥̩͙♥̩̩̥͙♥̩̥̩ ⑅ ⑅ ♥̩̥̩♥̩̩̥͙♥̩͙ˊˎ

𝙸 𝚊𝚖 𝚜𝚘, 𝚜𝚘 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚞𝚙𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚘𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚛. 𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚢, 𝙸'𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚛𝚞𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚜. 𝚃𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚑𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚝, 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚊 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚝, 𝚏𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚒𝚗 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛. 𝙸 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚘𝚏 𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚔 𝚘𝚛 𝚜𝚘. 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔𝚜 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐! 𝙴𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝚍𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜! ♡

Wᴏʀᴅ Cᴏᴜɴᴛ: ₁₅₆₆

©ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇғʟᴀᴍɪɴɢᴏs 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟾