Chapter 5

V: Sturdier Than You Thought

✧༺♥༻✧

   Selena got up and stretched her arms out. She slowly walked downstairs and grabbed herself some pancakes that her mom had left her. Selena quickly ate them and went back upstairs. She got dressed and put her hair up into a ponytail.
***
"Hey Sel!" Candice and Maria smiled.
"Hey. Ready for another fantastic day at school?" Selena asked.
"Yeah. It's hot outside. Like burning." Maria wiped some sweat off her forehead.
"Yeah. I've been standing out here for five minutes and my hair is like the sun." Candice said.
"Let's go inside," Selena suggested. The three girls went inside.
"You know, I haven't seen Chris," Selena told them.
"What? Do you like him?" Maria smiled and teased.
"Yeah, I do," Selena winked. Candice and Selena laughed.
"So you do?!" Maria was ecstatic.
"No, I was kidding. Didn't you see me wink?" Selena said.
"Oh. I thought that meant you thought he was cute," Maria sighed. Candice and Selena both slapped their foreheads.
"Anyway, I don't know where he could be. Why are you wondering?" Candice asked.
"Because he's my partner for the research we have to do in history," Selena answered.
"Oh my god. That really sucks. I hate that. I have to do research on Abraham Lincoln. Most people got events and my group got a person. I don't mind Lincoln, but he could've gave us an event." Maria spoke.
"Who's your partner?" Candice asked.
"Albert. Thank god, because he is really smart," Maria answered.
"Speaking of boys, I think Candice and I have something to tell you." Selena looked at Candice.
"Selena, you can't break a pinky promise!" Candice snapped.
"I crossed my fingers under the table," Selena smirked.
"Ohhh! Nice one!" Candice booty-bumped her.
"I want to join this booty-bump. What's it about?" Maria asked.
"Well, you know how you like Matt?"
"Yeah... wait! Does he like my back?!!" Maria said with excitement.
"You can't tell anyone!" Selena said.
"I swear if you do, I will murder you. He told us not to tell you," Candice told Maria.
"Woah, that was a little violent, but I won't tell. It would be too embarrassing to tell," Maria said.
"Who's your partner, Candice?" Selena asked.
"Jeff..."
"Oooooo!" Selena and Maria teased.
"Shut up!" Candice smiled. The bell rang.
"Well we better get to first period." Selena said. They waved at each other. Selena and Maria walked to English. They sat down and waited for the room to get crowded.
"Psst, Selena!" Maria whispered. Selena turned around. Maria tossed her a note. Selena caught it and opened the crumbled piece of paper up.

 Selena caught it and opened the crumbled piece of paper up