Chapter 4

IV: Brittle Flower

IV: Brittle Flower

✧༺♥༻✧

The next day, Selena got into her car and turned the engine on. She sighed and backed away from the driveway.
***
Selena walked into Science. She had this class with Matt and Candice. Candice smiled as she saw Selena walk in. Selena smiled back. She walked over and sat next to her.
"How you feelin'?" Candice asked.
"Better, I guess," Selena answered. Candice sighed. Matt sat all the way in the back, so he couldn't talk to Selena.
"Okay! Class! Luis sit down!" Mrs. Fina yelled over the talking.
"Today you will be put in groups and you will play a game. This will be your study guide for tomorrow's test," She pulled out a bunch of sticks that held everyone's name.
"Okay it will be groups of three. So let's start," She took the rubber band off and pulled three sticks.
"Robert, Amelia, and Sammy." Selena crossed her fingers and hoped that she would be with Matt and Candice.
"Drew, Mary, and Paul. Angel, Adam, and Kaylee. Jasmine, James, and Emma. Selena, Candice, and Matt," Selena looked over at Candice and smiled. This was a once in a lifetime thing that happened. Mrs. Fina continued picking sticks.
"Okay you can go to the back tables now," Mrs. Fina finalized. Selena got up and walked to the nearest open table. She sat down on the stool and looked at her notes. Matt and Candice sat down as well.
"Okay so who's going first?" Matt asked.
"I'll go first," Candice said.
"Okay so for the person to my right." Candice looked at Selena.
"What type of Protists are Amoebas?"
"Animal-like Protist," Selena answered.
"Correct. Now go." Selena looked at Matt.
"I've got this question," Matt commented.
"Okay, so do you like Maria?" Selena asked. They all looked at each other.
"That's not a question that involves our study session." Matt answered.
"So you do!" Selena said with a smile on her face.
"It isn't a secret," Candice added. Both girls smirked at Matt. He was turning red.
"Don't tell her!" Matt whispered. Candice and Selena quietly squealed of excitement.
"If I find out you told her," Matt didn't finish.
"We won't. Pinky promise," Selena held out her pinky. She put her other hand under the desk. Matt tied his pinky with hers.
"Now you can't tell," Matt said.
"I won't," Selena smirked.
"Okay seriously. How are protists classified?" Selena asked.
***
   "See you later," Selena said. Candice waved, as well as Matt. Since the schedule was back to normal, Selena had math. She actually enjoyed it, in fact it was her favorite class. Selena hurried quickly down the hall. A bulldozer walked right through her. Selena fell to the floor. She looked up and met the eyes of the devil, Angelique. She smirked and kept walking. Selena heard loud steps behind her. She started to slowly get up.
"Selena are you okay?" She heard. Selena looked up at Jeff. He helped her up.
"Yeah.." Selena quietly answered.
"She's such a bitch. Come on let's go to math," Jeff said as he led Selena through the halls and into math class. Her bag sat on the floor as she sunk in her chair.
"I should teach you some moves so you can defend yourself. You can just be like ka-chi-ga." Jeff pretended to do some karate moves. Selena smiled.
"I'm sure that will help," Jeff nodded seriously.
"Okay, I'm coming around to check your homework while you guys do your Do Now." Selena took out her folder along with her Do Now. She started doing it. Jeff grabbed Selena's desk and lifted it up.
"Jeff!" Selena said as low as she could. The people around them started to giggle. Jeff chuckled quietly. Selena turned back around. Jeff poked her back with his pencil. Selena just rolled her eyes. Mrs. Huryo walked by and nodded at Selena's work.
"Alright, number one was 137 degrees. Number two was 98 days. Number three was a squared plus b. Number four was 3,900,809. Finally, number five was 23.23. Okay put that away and take out a piece of paper for notes."
"Can I have a piece of paper?" Jeff whispered. Selena took out a piece of paper for herself and one for Jeff. She passed it back to him. Selena grabbed her pencil and started writing down the notes that the teacher wrote on the chalkboard.
***
*History Class*
   Selena was the first to walk in.
"Hello," She told the teacher.
"Hi, Selena," He replied and continued writing in his notebook. She sat down in her seat. The room stared to crowd up. She waited for Angelique to come in. Angelique came in alone and sat in her seat. Once again, she was wearing booty shorts. Selena shook her head. Now, it was time to wait for Chris. As the students walked in, Chris was not visible. Selena watched the door as the teacher closed it. After five minutes, he still wasn't there. Selena shrugged and continued listening to the teacher.
"Alright, go do your research now." Selena got up and walked to the back of the classroom. She grabbed a textbook and sat back down. The pages flipped with a slight sound. Her fingers stopped at just the right page, and she began reading. Her eyes scanned the page until they locked with the perfect information. Selena wrote the things down. Angelique grabbed the pencil right out of her hand and threw it on the floor.
"Oh sorry," Angelique smiled evilly. Selena gave a sarcastic smile and kicked the pencil towards her. She bent down and picked it up. Selena continued writing.
"So how is your singing career going?" Angelique asked. Of course, Selena didn't answer.
"Come on I know that ugly voice of yours can talk."
"I'll make you talk."
"Don't ignore me because you will regret it," Selena finally had enough and looked up.
"What!?" She snapped.
"Don't you dare snap at me like that!" Angelique whispered. Selena looked down and continued her work.
Beep
The bell rang. Selena packed her stuff up and walked out. She hurried to her locker and grabbed the things she needed. Selena walked to the cafeteria and sat in her seat. Candice and Maria walked in.
"Hey girl," They said.
"Hey," Selena sighed.
"What's wrong?" Maria asked as she slid her book bag off her shoulder. Selena looked over at Angelique's table.
"Her again? What did she say?" Candice asked.
"Annoyed me, and insulted my voice," Selena replied.
"She probably sounds like a cow. You sound soo much better than she ever will," Maria comforted Selena.
"Thanks," Selena said.
"You know we'll always have your back, but you really need to learn how to defend yourself," Candice told Selena.
"Yeah, and not like fighting. What we mean by defending yourself with your voice," Maria added.
"You guys are planning to become wrestlers, so obviously it's easy for you guys to say that. You two are like the strongest girls in this school," Selena replied.
"Sarcasm is my only defense," Selena said quietly.
"That's what you need to do!" Candice smacked the table. The girls looked at each other and laughed.
"That was a little more louder than I thought it would be." Candice said. The laughter died down.
"I-I just can't anymore. Like I want to say so much to her, but I can't. It's like I don't want to cause any trouble." Selena sipped on her juice.
"So?! If you get in trouble then you can tell the office what's she's been doing to you," Maria replied.
"Yeah," Candice agreed.
"If I ever went to the office, my parents would kill me," Selena added.
"But you're being bullied." Candice said.
"Can we just talk about this tomorrow?" Selena asked.
"This isn't a tomorrow thing, Selena. This is getting serious. She's trying to overpower you. If you won't do anything, then we will have to start doing something," Candice pointed to herself and Maria. Maria threw another French fry in her mouth and nodded.
"Ugh. This is just so stressful. I want to be a singer, but what if I am bad at singing?" Selena questioned.
"See?! She's trying to bring you down. Can't you see, Selena? She doesn't want you to be the biggest thing around school. Angelique wants to be the most popular one. We all know that she's going to do anything to keep her position. Anything." Maria spoke.
"That's it. This is getting more serious than we thought it would." Candice added.
"I'll say something to her tomorrow," Selena told the girls. Jeff and Matt sat down.
"So, whats this conversation about?" Jeff asked.
"About how Selena needs to defend herself." Maria answered.
"You really do," Matt said.
"Okay well I already had a whole lecture by Candice and Maria," Selena replied.
"Let's just drop the subject," Jeff requested. They all agreed.
***
   "Ma? Ya llegue!" Selena walked into her house. She closed the door behind her. Selena came to a conclusion that her mom must be at work. She walked upstairs and heard laughter from Suzette's room. She noticed that Deborah and Valentina were there.
"Hey Sel!" They both said.
"Hi," Selena waved.
"Sel, A.B. wanted to know if you had come up with a song yet?"
"Shit. I forgot. Let me go work on that," Selena replied.
"Do you have homework?" Suzette asked.
"No!" Selena yelled from down the hall. She opened the door to her bedroom and walked in. Selena threw her book bag on the floor and snatched her notebook.
"Alright. Lyrics! I need lyrics!"
"Bidi Bidi Bom Bom... Okay good start," Selena wrote that down.
"Cada vez..... what happens every time?"
"Every time I see him? Okay let's try that,"
"Cada vez, Cada vez que lo veo pasar... What happens?"
"Ummm... my mouth drops? No." Selena thought for a while.
"My heart goes crazy! Yes! Wait..does that rhyme?"
"Cada vez, Cada vez que lo veo pasar, mmmm, mi corazon se enloquece, y... me empieza a...palpitar."
***
   After hours of looking at her notebook and writing lyrics down, Selena finally had her new song ready. She got up.
"Mom where's A.B.?" Selena asked.
"He went to with your dad to go look for new band members, remember?"
Selena sighed.
"Oh yeah," She ran back upstairs and knocked on Suzette's door.
"What?!" Suzette asked. Selena opened the door slightly and walked in. The three girls looked at her.
"By the way, Deborah and Val are sleeping over," Suzette told Selena.
"Yeah, that's fine. I just finished the song," Selena gave the notebook to her sister.
"That quick?" Suzette looked at Selena. Selena nodded. Suzette shrugged and she read it. Deborah and Valentina looked over her shoulder.
"Wow," Suzette finished reading.
"I think B (A.B.)will like this,"
"You think so?" Selena took the notebook back. The three girls nodded. Selena smiled and walked out of the room. She walked downstairs.
"I'm going to the basement to practice dancing," Selena told her mom.
"Okay. Dinner is almost ready so don't put the music too loud so you can hear me," Marcella answered.
"Okay," Selena smiled and walked into the basement. She flickered the lights on and went over to the radio. After she pressed a couple of buttons, she got a Cumbia beat going. Selena breathed in and adjusted her shirt. She started doing spins.
***
   Selena turned the lights off and walked over to her bed. She laid down and put the covers over her.

Her thoughts went crazy, but the only real problem on her mind was Angelique.

-ˏˋ♥̩͙♥̩̩̥͙♥̩̥̩ ⑅ ⑅ ♥̩̥̩♥̩̩̥͙♥̩͙ˊˎ

𝙸 𝚊𝚖 𝚜𝚘 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝙸 𝚍𝚒𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚞𝚙𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚜𝚘𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚛. 𝙼𝚢 𝚕𝚊𝚣𝚢 𝚊𝚜𝚜 𝚠𝚊𝚝𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚍 𝚈𝚘𝚞𝚃𝚞𝚋𝚎 𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚊𝚍.

𝙰𝚗𝚢𝚠𝚊𝚢, 𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚢'𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢

𝙰𝚗𝚢𝚠𝚊𝚢, 𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚢'𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢. 𝙸 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚒𝚏 𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚞𝚎 𝚒𝚝 𝚒𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚎𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢 𝚒𝚝. 𝚂𝚘, 𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚎 𝚒𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚎𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢 𝚒𝚝. 𝙸 𝚊𝚖 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚗 𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜, 𝚜𝚘 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚋𝚎 𝚊 𝚠𝚊𝚒𝚜𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚒𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚘𝚗𝚎. 𝙱𝚢𝚎. ♡

Wᴏʀᴅ Cᴏᴜɴᴛ: ₂₀₀₈

©ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇғʟᴀᴍɪɴɢᴏs 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟾