Chapter 7

VII:Bidi Bidi Bye Bye

✧༺♥༻✧

   Selena and the rest of the senior class threw their caps up into the air. Everyone clapped and cheered. Selena went to go pick up her hat. She watched as all of the friends and family's riped open the gate and ran over them.
"Yes bitches! We graduated!" Candice and Maria ran up to Selena. Selena turned around. They all smiled and hugged one another.
"YEAH BUDDY!" The girls heard. They watched Matt and Jeff with their father.
"Look, there's Chris with his family," Maria pointed. Selena looked over. She saw a man hugging him.
"Oh there's my parents. I'll see you in a bit!" Candice waved. Maria also made her way to her parents.
"Selena!" Selena turned around and saw Suzette.
"Congrats girl!" She smiled.
"Thanks!" Selena smiled back as Suzette engulfed her into a hug.
Selena received hugs from many people. The most important one to her was the one she was receiving right now, though. Chris and Selena let go of each other.
"Congrats again," Selena smiled.
"Same to you," He smiled back. For some reason, that Selena couldn't make out, this hug actually meant something to her. It wasn't like the other hugs she got. Selena shrugged it off.
"I hope you're ready for the concert this week," Selena pointed, reminded, him.
"I am definitely ready," He assured.
"Well I need to get back to my parents. I'll see you around," She waved. He waved back. Throughout the last week, Chris had started talking more to her than he had at the beginning. Maybe having him in the band did make a difference on him. Selena was actually glad to leave this school. Of course, she would see her friend, but the others? They could get her face. She had a bright future ahead of her, and she knew it.
***
"I did not want it this short!" Selena looked in the mirror. She looked over at Suzette.
"It's not that bad," Suzette assured her.
"Yeah it is!" Selena yelled. She tried to fix her hair. Suzette ran her fingers through her own hair, which she had cut as well.
"Girl you look good!" Suzette truly stated. Selena rolled her eyes. She crossed her arms and faced Suzette.
"You you call this good?" Selena pointed to her hair.
"I look wigless!" Selena looked back at the mirror. Suzette laughed at her comment.
"You don't look bad, look. MOM!" Suzette yelled. Marcella came in. Selena stepped out from behind Suzette.
"Aye mija! You look so good!" Marcella walked over to Selena.
"It doesn't look good!" Selena complained.
"Not right now because it's wet. Trust me, when it's dry, you'll look great!" Marcella smiled. Selena huffed and grabbed her blow dryer. She plugged it in and dried her hair.
"Doesn't it look good now?" Suzette asked.
"Yeah, I guess," Selena shrugged.
***