Chapter 10

X: Food Hot Enough For Me

✧༺♥༻✧

   Maybe it was the people. Or maybe it was her.

Selena smiled at everyone she could as she walked down the sidewalk with A.B., but she received no smiles in return. Now that was fine and all, as some people might not have noticed her because they each had busy lives, however, she would've appreciated at least one smile back.

"Where do you think that we can find some pens?" A.B. asked his sister.

"God if I know. Maybe we can check that store in the corner. Do you see it?" Selena pointed her finger in front of her, noticing her chipping nail polish. Maybe she could purchase some in that same store.

"I mean we've got no other choice but to check there," the two siblings hurried to that store, for they knew that their father and the entire band were waiting for them back at the building in which the signing was scheduled. The unfortunate running out of pens situation altered their opening hours just a slight bit.

The little door bell hanging on the paint-chipped door rang as Selena pulled the door open, allowing herself and A.B. inside. They separated from one another as they quickly scanned the store for pens, and Selena of course scanned for red nail polish as well.

Gum, notepads, paper clips, scissors... anything but pens! Selena slipped into the aisle located next to the one she was in. As soon as she spotted tweezers she knew she'd find nail polish there. Her eyes landed on three different shades of red, delicately picking each one up and holding it next to her nails to see which shade would suit her best.

"Selena what are you doing?! I found the pens already let's go before dad kills us!" A.B. whispered over to his sister. Selena dropped two of the nail polishes back onto the self as she absentmindedly chose the color ruby red. Her body leaned against the counter where the cash register was as she watched A.B. pull out his wallet in order to pay for the two items they picked out.

   They exited the door hurriedly and speed walked their way back to the building, where everyone awaited their return.

"You think we'll have a lot of people coming in to get signatures?" Selena asked, quite out of breath due to the fast speeds they were walking at.

"We'll find out once we make it back," he answered as they turned the corner.

As soon as they reached the building, A.B. swung the door open and they entered, quickly making their way back to where the rest of the band stood.

"Did you get the pens?" Abraham asked with a quite irritated voice because of the disturbance that had occurred.

"Yes. Now let's get to signing," Selena sat down as the first person approached her.