[ iv ]

CHAPTER FOUR

♔♔♔

"Scum ball... Scum bucket..."

"Who are you talking to?" Luca asks walking up behind Jenna, looking at her like she was crazy. Jenna was leaning over a chair looking at the TV from the dining room.

"Him," She says motioning with her head to the TV. It was the Mystic Falls Local News Anchor, Logan Fell.

"The news guy?" She asks chuckling in disbelief.

"Also known as Logan 'Scum' Fell," Jenna explains, disgust clear in her voice. "Did your mom ever tell you why I moved away from Mystic Falls?"

"No way! You dated Logan Fell?" Luca asks laughing, she looks at his face on the TV for a minute. "Well he's cute," she adds sitting in one of the chairs.

"There's nothing cute about him," Jenna says her face twisted in disgust. Elena walks in and hears the conversation.

"Who's not cute?" She asks sitting at the head of the table near Luca . She sets down a box in front of her.

"Oh my god, Lena, get this. Aunt Jenna dated the News guy!" Luca says laughing as she explains it to her sister.

"No way!" Elena says laughing. "He's cute."

"That's what I said!" Luca says and the two laugh harder.

"Alright, alright, leave me alone and stop using your creepy twin powers. This place is gonna end up like the Shining," Jenna says playfully glaring at her nieces, as she turns off the TV. They turn their attention to Elena's box.

"What are you doing with that?" Jenna says looking down at the Gilbert family heirlooms.

"I went yesterday and got it from the safe deposit box. Mom had told Mrs. Lockwood that she would loan it to the Founder's Council for their heritage display," Elena explains dusting off the objects.

Jenna looks through the box and picks up an old ring. "Is that Grandma Beth's wedding ring?" She asks.

"Well, if y'all wanna get nerdy. It was Great-Great-Grandma Mary's wedding ring." Luca explains and Jenna scoffs. Jeremy walks in and walks over to the girls.

He picks up an artifact. "How much do you think this stuff is worth, you know, like, on eBay?" Jeremy asks and Luca snatches it from his hand and puts it back in the box.

"Oops, well looks like we'll never find out, sad," she says sarcastically.

"That stuff is mom and dads. You can't just give it away," Jeremy says walking into the kitchen.

"I'm not giving it away. It's called a loan, Jeremy." Elena says and Jeremy opens the fridge right as the doorbell rings.

Elena walks off to go answer it, before disappearing upstairs.

"Well, adios, my lovely family, I gotta meet Bonnie and Carolina at the Grill," Luca announces before running up to her room to get ready.

♔♔♔

Luca walks into the Grill and looks around. She sees Caroline and Bonnie already sitting. She walks over and sits down. "What did I miss?"

"Oh, just Caroline abandoning me," Bonnie says glaring over at Caroline. Caroline giggles.

"I'm not abandoning you!"

"She's taking Damon to the Founder's Day party," Bonnie says bitterly. "Now I have no date."

"Oh thank god! I thought I was the only loner. We can go together!" Luca says relieved. "Elena ditched me for Stefan. Talk about lack of familial loyalty." The girls laugh at Luca's dramatics.