[ v ]

CHAPTER FIVE

♔♔♔

"I remember the party," Caroline says as Bonnie and Luca sit on her bed. Caroline looks at them through her vanity mirror, Bonnie was staring intently at a white candlestick. "Damon came up behind me, and he was kissing my neck or biting my neck. I passed out. It's like there are holes in my memory lately. It's just weird. Maybe I let him bite me."

"Why would you do that?" Luca asks not wanting Caroline to excuse Damon's behavior. Caroline looks down and sighed.

"Can we just not talk about it, ok? I just don't want to talk about Damon. I don't wanna talk about any of it. Just want to go back to normal." Caroline says putting makeup on the marks on her neck. "What are you doing with that candle?" she asks, confused.

"Uhm... Nothing," Bonnie says setting it down on the nightstand. "What's this?" Bonnie asks, seeing an old looking stone necklace on Caroline's table.

"Damon gave it to me. Or he was going to give it to me. All I know is, it's mine now," Caroline explains walking over to Bonnie and Luca.

"It's ugly," Bonnie says bluntly and Luca laughs.

"Well, then get your grubby hands off it," Caroline says grabbing it from Bonnie's hand. She then hangs in on a coat rack she uses for accessories. Luca watches it swing, hypnotized by how it catches the sunlight.

♔♔♔

Luca, Elena, and Bonnie watch as Caroline walks around the hallway putting up fliers. Basically just being the same old Caroline.

"Unbelievable. It's like nothing happened," Elena says to her sister and friend in shock.

"She's in denial," Luca says sadly looking over at their blonde preppy friend.

"Hey," a deep voice comes from behind them. They turn and see Stefan looking nervous.

"Hey, Stefano. Well, uh, you know me and Bonnie gotta go... uh, be somewhere right now," Luca says and the two walk off, not wanting to be with the troubled couple.

♔♔♔

The next day Caroline was lecturing Luca on how to take care of the money, at the car wash. "No friend discounts. No freebies. No pay ya laters. We are not running a charity here."

"No, we are not," Luca says, feeding into Caroline's drama.

"Hi," Stefan says walking up behind her.

"Well, hello there, Salvatore," She says and Stefan laughs awkwardly. "I hope you know just because you and Elena aren't on good terms doesn't mean you can escape me."

"I can handle that," he says before Caroline cuts in.

"The event is called Sexy Suds, you know," she says referring to Luca's sweater and Stefan's jacket. Before walking away.

"Did we just get scolded?" he asks Luca jokingly.

"And judged, quite harshly," Luca says laughing as Stefan says 'wow'. "Looks like you're gonna have to strip, Stefan. We gotta give the customers what they want," she says shrugging.

"I think you have to go first," Stefan counters.

"You drive a hard bargain, Salvatore," Luca says before taking off her sweater revealing her bikini, and he takes off his jacket. Luca laughs as she ties her sweater around her waist.

Elena then walks up to them.

"Hi," Elena says softly to Stefan.

"Wow, look at the time, I'm gonna go help wash. You can handle the money, right? No freebies, blah, blah, this isn't a charity. Good luck!" Luca says giving them two thumbs up before running off to where Matt and Bonnie were drying a car.