[ vi ]

CHAPTER SIX

♔♔♔

Dear Diary,

Is that how I am supposed to start these? I don't know, but apparently, there are a lot of things I don't know. I don't write in here often, it was always Elena's and Mom's thing. But I feel like now is as good of a time as ever.

I've always been an open-minded person, but this is too much even for me. I can handle Bonnie probably being a witch. But a vampire? That's too much.

Everyone is born, everyone has to die. That's just the way the world is. And I've come to accept it. But how am I supposed to handle everything I knew about life being wrong.

Is it possible?? Can vampires truly exist? All the evidence points to it...

This is stupid.

I shouldn't have written this...

-Lucia

♔♔♔

Mystic Falls, Virginia
1864

The youngest Salvatore waits at the entrance of his family's mansion as a carriage pulls up to the steps. A servant rushes to put down a stool to help the girls out of the carriage. The man opens the carriage door and holds out his hand.

He first helps out a young servant girl, the girl stands to the side and puts her hand out. She helps out two other young girls, the girls were obviously wealthy. They looked similar enough to be able to tell that they were related but no where near identical. One had big doe brown eyes, olive skin, and a round face. The other had striking dark gray eyes, pale skin and a more defined jawline. However, they both had long chocolate brown hair and similar builds.

But the biggest similarity the beautiful girls had was the way they carry themselves. Both dressed in extravagant dresses and hats. Natural beauty enhanced by jewelry. They held themselves with confidence and poise. Everyone was drawn to them like a moth to a flame, knowing you might get burnt but not caring.

The young Salvatore walks down the steps, his attention drifting between sisters, not sure who to look at. "You must be the Pierce sisters," he greets politely.

"Please, call me Katherine," the brown eyed one greets, putting her hand out for Stefan to grab, and curtsying. The other sister steps forward to repeat the gesture and introduce herself.

"It's wonderful to meet you, Mr. Salvatore. I'm Irene."

♔♔♔

"Well, are you?" Luca asks again when Stefan just stares at her. Her body and voice shaking with nerves. "A vampire..."

Stefan takes a deep breath and nods his head sadly. "You know."

"How is this possible?" Luca mumbles to herself, her face showing her confusion and her fear. Stefan steps forward slowly and sets down the stake in his hand. Luca can't help but step back, wincing.

"Everything you know... and every belief that you have is about to change. Are you ready for that?" Stefan asks her in all seriousness.

Luca lets out a hysterical laugh and tears brim her eyes. "No," she says honestly. "I shouldn't have come," Luca says slowly backing away ready to go back to her car.

"No please," Stefan begs walking towards her and Luca walks back.

"No, Stefan, stop. I need to go." Stefan goes to reach out for her but Luca dodges and runs towards her car. Only to find herself face to face with Stefan. She lets out another short hysterical laugh. "Superspeed. Of course, why wouldn't you?" She pushes the hair out of her face in a subconscious panic fidget. Stefan could feel the fear and confusion of the small girl, even if she tried to hide it with humor.