Chapter 17

Sae-Young's POV
I slowly opened my eyes, feeling my body clock telling me to wake up; it was still early morning, the sun barely in the sky. Throughout the entire night, my bed was comfortably warm, helping me sleep better. Taehyung was kind enough to be gentle when cradling me during our sleep, just like the first time we shared a bed. During the late hours, his heartbeat sent me into a peaceful sleep, I just loved the sound of his pulse. I loved every aspect of him, he is perfect.

Slowly looking up, my eyes fell on a peacefully sleeping Taehyung. It was adorable witnessing his nose twitch, then relaxing, only to repeat. His rose pink lips were parted, allowing him to breathe from his mouth; where his breath brushed past the tip of my nose. I only smiled when his eyes fluttered open, revealing soft black eyes.
"Enjoying the view?" he chuckled in a deep, raspy tone.
"M-maybe?" I stuttered nervously.
Taehyung stared at me silently, his eyes now darkening.
"T-Tae-"

Before I knew it, my face was burning, turning a bright shade of red. I couldn't believe what was happening at this very moment. Never in my life have I ever thought that this would happen.

In a matter of seconds of me saying the first syllable of his name, Taehyung pushed my back onto the bed, hovering over me. His hands resting on either side of my head, weighing down the pillow I was resting on. My own waist was pinned down by Taehyung's hips, but he was careful in minding my bruise. He pressed our bodies together, where every inch of him I could feel through my clothing. An unexpected, breathy moan passed through my lips as Taehyung kissed down my neck, his teeth teasing the sensitive spot along my collarbone.

"T-Tae..." I gasped out, his lips sucking on my sweet spot.

I didn't object to the way Taehyung was hovering over me, kissing my neck freely. His lips just felt so good against my skin, he worked wonders; a warm, fuzzy feeling arose in my blood, making me writhe in pleasure. Taehyung pinned my hands down, intertwining our fingers and pressing them into my pillow. He pulled his lips away from my neck, bringing his head up and looking into my eyes. His own breath had quickened, matching mine as I still could feel the warm tingles of his mouth working on my neck.
"I love you Sae-Youngie," Taehyung breathed out, his eyes softening. "So much."
I couldn't help but smile at the sweet words coming from his mouth. I didn't hesitate at all, letting my reply slip from my own.
"I love you too Taehyung," I answered, looking deeply into his eyes. "I love every part of you, I don't care if you killed someone to save me. I love you for who you are."

Taehyung started tearing up, I started to worry if I said something wrong.
"Taehyung? Did I say-"
He stopped me mid-sentence; Taehyung's lips were firmly pressed against mine. His moved his lips slowly, where I could feel the fullness and softness of his own. My eyes fluttered closed, letting Taehyung take the lead as he continued to kiss me. I submitted to him as he licked my bottom lip; he deepened the kiss, taking my breath away with every passing minute. Taehyung was gentle with my first kiss, it was almost as if he knew I have never kissed someone before. I guess I was acting shy when he first pressed our lips together.

Taehyung pulled away; both of our breathing rapid and deep. The tears that have left his eyes halted on his cheek, stuck to his perfect skin. I wanted to wipe them away with my thumbs, but he still had my hands pinned to the bed.
"I've wanted to hear those words for my entire life," he whispered, a happy smile on his face. "It means so much to me Sae-Youngie..."

...

SeokJin was kind enough to help me with preparing for my evaluations that was starting in an hour. He gave me scenarios as we ate breakfast, and it was a huge relief to me that I could answer every single one of his questions. It didn't surprise me when he told me that he used to work in an ER when he was younger; he knew the proper etiquette for looking after a patient (me.) I was quite fascinated by the things he had encountered in the emergency room; things like blue urine, a stiletto stuck in a woman's face, a pit bull (who turned out to be friendly) following its owner to the operating room and waiting until he came out. Although, it was amusing watching Jungkook's and Taehyung's jaws drop from how I explained certain terms used in medicine. They looked both fascinated and disgusted.

After breakfast, I quickly got ready for my testing. It wasn't necessary for me to wear my uniform, but I had to dress like a doctor would. Something formal and professional was preferred; after rummaging around my closet for a good five minutes, I pulled out a white dress shirt, black ribbon and black skinny jeans. The charge nurses were lenient on me for dressing a little casual; they always told me that I was too young for things like dress pants or scrubs. They were nice enough to let me go by as soon as I walk into the ER. I pulled my clothes on; securing the buttons, putting on a belt for my pants (my waist was too small for my pants to stay up on their own), and tying the ribbon around my neck. I made sure that my collar covered the hickey Taehyung gave me, just to spare me from the teasing of my nurses.

I finished up in the bathroom before walking out into the common space of my apartment. Jungkookie had gone back to sleep on the couch, the blankets pulled up to his chin. Oddly, he had a white towel folded on his forehead; after closer observation, his face was slightly red, with beads of sweat forming on his skin. I walked over to him, crouching down. Removing the towel, I placed my hand on his forehead, and sure enough, he was having a fever.

"Aish this kid," SeokJin Oppa sighed, coming in with a fresh bowl of cold water from the kitchen.
"Quite a high fever," I commented, dropping the towel in the water.
"Kook told us yesterday that he wasn't feeling well," he answered, wringing out the towel and putting it back in its prior spot. "I didn't think it would progress into something like this."
"There is some medicine in the cabinet above the fridge," I informed him. "Once he wakes up, he should take a couple pills. I'm sure you know what you're doing."
"Don't worry Sae-Young ah," Oppa nodded. "I'll take care of him. If things do get worse, I'll bring him to the university hospital."

Taehyung said his get well soon to Jungkook before walking me to school. He was trying to act strong, but I could see it in his eyes that he was worried about his brother. They have such a close relationship, it's sweet to see them worry deeply about each other. I gave Taehyung a warm hug once we were in the hallway, telling him that Jungkook was in good hands and that he'll recover in no time. He hugged me back, a sincere thank you leaving his lips.

As we walked to the hospital, Taehyung held my hand, our fingers intertwined. It still amazed me how our hands fit together perfectly, with no gaps between our palms what so ever. A sense of security ran up my arm as we walked hand in hand. I felt safe with Taehyung, nothing would change that. He held my hand gently, scared of breaking it; but I trust him that he wouldn't hurt me.

Once we arrived at the hospital, Taehyung turned to me. He had a beautiful box smile plastered on his face, and his eyes sparkled.
"Good luck Sae-Youngie," he cooed, pecking my forehead. "We know you'll do a great job."
"Thank you, Tae," I chuckled. "I'll see you later."
Taehyung waved goodbye as I walked backwards into the hospital. A shy smile was still on my face as I turned around and signed in at the front desk.