Chapter 52

"Wow, dongsaeng!" Jihee Unnie squealed, jumping around behind me.
It didn't surprise me when Unnie started to hop around excitedly, much like her younger brother. They were both balls of sunshine, it was obvious. Unnie only finished my rough measurements about three hours ago, but now she was all ready for final alterations. Hoseok's sister was truly a master of her craft; the mission gear was put together perfectly, not a single thread out of place. My outfit consisted of a black bomber jacket (that had bulletproof, flexible plating underneath), a v-neck shirt with an attached collar that was also equipped with bulletproof plating, and black skinny jeans that were bulletproof as well. Unnie had also heard that I was a medic in the team, so she made me an easy access sash-bag where I could keep essential first aid supplies. I wasn't going to lie, it felt pretty comfortable on me already, it hugged my figure well, but no too much.

Unnie stood up from the bed in the guest room and walked towards me with a sewing needle and thread. I assumed she was going to do the final alterations by hand while I wore the mission gear. While looking in the mirror, I caught the focussed flame ignite in Unnie's eyes. I saw that she was passionate about being a dressmaker, taking her craft very seriously. I would actually like to visit her boutique sometime in the future, it would be fun to shop there.

"I'm sorry about Taehyung," she suddenly said, fixing the hem of my shirt.

Her sudden statement caught me off guard, making my muscles tense over. I missed hearing his name so much, and I missed hearing him call my name. The sight of his box smile could only be seen as a memory in my mind, but at this point, I was scared to say that it was kind of blurry. It had been such a long time since I have seen his face, what I wouldn't do to see it again. My heart felt like it was being tugged on harshly by the ties I had to him; they were begging me to hurry up and save him from that hell.
"I miss him Unnie..." I whispered, looking down at my feet.
"I know dongsaeng," she replied. "It isn't easy to lose a loved one. You two are incredibly close, I heard the stories from my Hobie. The two of you have a strong love for each other, you would do anything to keep each other happy and safe. You yearn to see each other every single day, to hold each other in a warm embrace."
"We promised to spend our entire lives together," I added with a faint smile.
"Marriage is the best promise you can make to your soulmate," Jihee Unnie. "It's perfect for you."

I remembered that night so clearly when we promised to get married to each other. We were still pretty young to think of marriage, but it is perfect for Taehyung and I. Even my brother and the others say that we were made for each other. I haven't told anyone about our plans since it didn't fit the mood of the situation. However, I had no doubt that Namjoon would give us his blessing. Just thinking about walking down the aisle in a white dress, with Taehyung waiting for me at the altar, it made me soft. I could imagine his awe-stricken face, possibly bursting into happy tears. I mentally shook my head, we're still young, not even twenty yet. We should wait until we have him back and things have calmed down.
"Let me make a dress for you," Unnie chimed. "I have a design in mind already."
"Sure Unnie," I chuckled, feeling a little more light-hearted.

...

I plopped down onto my big, fluffy bed, the blankets letting out any air built up from within. My face was planted firmly into a pillow on the right side of my bed, the pillow Taehyung used when he shared the bed with me. I could still smell the faint scent of his cologne and shampoo, it brought a small smile to his face. Slipping under the duvets, I pulled the pillow into my embrace and cradled it tightly. I slowly closed my eyes, already feeling drowsy.

However, as I felt myself drifting off, a couple knocks on my door instantly woke me up. I slowly sat up, rubbing my eyes slightly before yelling that the person could come in. Sure enough, the door to my room opened and Namjoon popped his head into my room. From the lighting in the hallway, I could see that his gaze landed on me. He had a soft smile on his face, dimples peeking from the corner of his mouth. I nodded to him that he could come in while sitting up against my headboard. A high pitched yawn passed through my lips, my face scrunching up. I still cradled the pillow in my lap as my brother approached me and sat down on the bed facing me.

"Sorry sweetheart, did I wake you?" he asked in a soft tone, patting my head with a gentle hand.

I rubbed my eyes lightly, adding in a tiny nod. Namjoon usually comes into my room right before I go to bed, so he doesn't wake me. I went to bed a little earlier than usual, that probably prompted the early waking. Well, I guess it doesn't really matter right now, I wasn't fully asleep. Namjoon scooted closer to me, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.
"Do you want to wait until tomorrow to hear what I need to tell you?"
I shook my head. It was evident that he had something important to tell me, I could see it in his eyes.
"I'll tell you," Joon nodded. "But lay back down, I want you to go back to sleep right after."
Obeying my brother's wishes, I returned to my original position from earlier, still hugging the pillow. Joon kindly pulled the blankets up and over me, tucking me in. He brotherly smile graced his lips as he gently stroked my cheek with the back of his knuckles.
"I've told the others in the extraction team about this already, so I just need to tell you," he started, earning a nod from me. "I'm sure you've heard about Clarise already, the horrible woman?"

Jin Oppa and Yoongi Oppa had told me about the woman called Clarise. She was almost forty years old, almost twice Taehyung's age. That's just sick, those people who abused Taehyung are forcing him into a marriage with a way older woman. For what? To continue their horrid drug business with an heir? Jin Oppa had gone on to say that she sold her body on the streets, only to get money for drugs. She was an absolutely horrible woman, I would like, no, I would love to end her for acting like Taehyung was her possession. I'm not a sadistic woman, nor am I a cold-blooded killer, but for Taehyung, I will put on a mask and murder her. I nodded to my brother, telling him to continue on.
"Well, unfortunately, it is likely she will interfere with the extraction team."
"Interfere how?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow.
"Possibly throw a tantrum. Much like a spoiled brat who doesn't get what she wants," he answered, amused with his simile. "Well, she's much like a drunk woman, she can't even throw a proper punch."
"So if I just throw her out the window, problem solved?" I concluded.
Namjoon shook his head, trying to hide his humorous smirk.
"I'd rather not have you kill someone again," he sighed. "We do plan on eliminating both the Go's and Smith's, but I don't want you to have any more blood on your hands. I just want you to focus on escaping with Taehyung."
"Are we still pushing her out of the window?" I asked again.

Namjoon cupped my cheeks, leaning down to peck my nose. His thumbs gently stroked my skin with a soft smile tugging on his lips.
"I'll let the boys know," he said.

Namjoon quickly slipped under the blankets as well, meaning he was going to stay with me for the night. He readjusted the blankets, pulling them up, covering mostly me. I turned onto my side, with the pillow in between us. However, Namjoon was still able to wrap his arms around me, pulling me into his embrace.
"Goodnight kid," he cooed.
"Goodnight Joonie.