Chapter 47

Long Chapter Ahead

Namjoon's POV
The moment I got that call from my sister, I knew something was wrong. Everything was wrong with that call; I could pick up on the sounds of gunshots, and when Sae-Young screamed in fear, they had gotten to her and Taehyung. Things only got worse when there was a gunshot in the room until the call got cut off. They are in definite danger, and we aren't there to help them. The only thing we could do pile into the van and speed over to the safe house.

"Come on Jin Hyung! Drive faster!" Jungkook pleaded.
"I'm going as fast as this engine will allow me!"

At this point, we were fifteen minutes away from the not so safe, safe house. Each and everyone one of us was worried sick and anxious about the kids at the safe house. Perhaps it was wrong of us, but we were fearing the worse for Taehyung and Sae-Young; Taehyung could have been taken, and my sister could be dead. It breaks my heart to think like that, I shouldn't be thinking about that at all! I know I'm supposed to hope for the best for them, but given the current circumstances, I'm slowly losing hope. The fear and desperation in Sae-Young's scream, it sent me over the edge; if we had just finished up quicker, we could have been there to protect them before this happened.

I kept trying to call Taehyung's phone, hoping it would reach either him or my sister. But with every ring that passed by, my levels of anxiety only increased. She wasn't answering, Taehyung wasn't answering, things were going downhill, and fast. I looked towards Yoongi Hyung, who was typing furiously away at his laptop. I had begged him to access the trackers on their tattoos, after all, besides the purpose of it representing where they belong, it acts as a tracking device in emergencies. Stray Kids were the ones who came up with this idea since it was extremely important that we always knew where our members were in times of emergencies.
"I got Sae-Young's tattoo," Yoongi gasped in relief. "She's still at the house."
"Taehyung! What about Taehyung?!" Jimin exclaimed, leaning over Yoongi's seat after removing his seatbelt.
"YAH! Sit down Jimin and put your seatbelt on!" Jin exclaimed. "You're going to fly out of the van if I break suddenly!"
Jimin had no choice but to sit back down on his seat and strap the seatbelt over his body. I understood full heartedly why Jimin was so worried; he and Taehyung were close since they are the same age and could reconcile with their harsh pasts. He was so incredibly worried about his best friend, he was so close to losing his mind.
"H-he's not there..." Yoongi gulped out. "T-Taehyung is moving away from the house... Towards Geochang..."
"T-they got him..." Hoseok gasped from the front seat, breaking down into tears.
"We need to go after them!" Jimin exclaimed.
"We will Jimin," I tried to calm him down. "But we need to organize ourselves before doing anything rash."

As we were approaching the forest, the sun was slowly rising over the horizon. It was almost six am, and I only grew more worried about Sae-Young who was at the house on her own. They got to Taehyung, and there was a huge possibility that they hurt him. It was also likely that they hurt Sae-Young as well. The thought of it only made my blood boil, to the point where my skin was turning a bright red. I was getting flashes of the state she could be in, it both broke my heart and made me seethe. It was our fault, we should have sent more people to stay with them, but we didn't. We didn't, and it lead to Taehyung being kidnapped and Sae-Young possibly being hurt. We can't change the decision we made, but we sure as hell can fix it.

Jin Hyung pressed on the break of the van, where the vehicle drifted towards the front of the house. Our heads almost slammed against the glass windows it weren't for our headrests and seat belts. The van almost tipped onto its side, but it fell harshly onto all four tires. Upon the steadying of the van, I ripped the seatbelt off my body before bursting out of the van. I immediately ran over to the house, but I stopped at the sight of the interior; bloodied and dead bodies laid everywhere, the walls had bullet holes in its cream drywall, knives were scattered on the floor, while some were embedded in some bodies. The smell of dead bodies was abundant in the air, making me gag from the putrid scents. This was like a morgue.