Chapter 32

Upon arriving at the casino, each group noticed how empty and barren it looked. Barely any lights were on inside the build, making it look abandoned. There was no sign of life in the casino, making the boys question whether or not Colossus has actually taken over the place. Upon looking towards the parking lot, they noticed a couple rows of vans remaining stationary. There were people inside, but Yoongi, Sehun, YoungJae, and Lee Know were trying to hack into the security system of ExoPlanet to try and locate them. Though they had programmed it themselves, they did their jobs a little too well; it would take them a while to enter the system completely.

Meanwhile, the teams remained hidden in the shadows, waiting for the tech team to give them the 'okay.' The built up levels of anxiety were getting to them, and they began to grow restless. Sitting in the dark for what seemed to be an hour was starting to bother them. Usually, it wouldn't take long for the tech teams to hack into a foreign system, much less a system of their own. However, from the way things were playing out, they began to think their security system was modified to keep them out. Nonetheless, they kept working.

Bangtan was mainly worried about their little girl back home since they had the time to do such a thing. Before they left, they had seen the troubled expression on her face. This was the first major mission they would go on after she moved in. She was aware of what they did, but that only made them more fearful of what could happen. She would know what each injury meant, how it was inflicted with what weapon. What they feared was that Sae-Young would hate them for sustaining such injuries, injuries that she couldn't fix. That was all the more reason not to get injured, so they wouldn't see her tear stricken face as she tried to stitch them up.

Their breaths got caught in their throats as they heard unfamiliar voices approaching their hugging spot. They sunk deeper into the shadows, hearing dress shoe heels click and clack against the brick covered ground. A firm voice spoke orders, not sparing any politeness in his tone.
"You useless deadbeat! You screw everything up!"
The boys listened carefully to their conversation. The man who was scolding someone fiercely sounded like he could wreak havoc within seconds. They could imagine the veins in the man's neck bulging out, threatening to burst if he continued to rage.
"I send you to kidnap the girl and you failed! I gave you another chance, disrupt their dinner and take the girl! Yet you can't even do that simple of a task!"
"B-but s-sir!"
A sudden slapping sound echoed through the air.
"No buts you useless piece of shit! I'm done with you, Devin."
The cock of a gun echoed through the air, followed by screaming that was fading. It was then silenced by an ear piercing gunshot.

Taehyung covered his mouth in shock, but it didn't phase him, he had seen this multiple times before. Where a boss would kill off any useless men. He was glad the mafia wasn't like that, he was more than grateful. However, in his head, he was connecting the puzzle pieces, fitting everything together snuggly. That man who was just shot down was the person who followed them the first night Taehyung had walked Sae-Young home. The first two words that came out of his mouth were enough to tell him that it was the same guy. He was the man who tried to kidnap his girl that night in the alley but ended up getting beat up for it. The guy is also the same man who led the attack on the restaurant and tried to disrupt the Kim's moment. However, he wasn't sure whether to be glad because he was dealt with or disappointed.

"Alright, we're in," Lee Know alerted them.
"Everyone, we're going to have to be careful, the first and second floors are loaded with guards," YoungJae added. "Got7 unit, head around back and secure an escape route if necessary."
"EXO, use the climbing gear and storm in through the third floor. Stray Kids and Bangtan, wait for our signal and storm through the front," Sehun ordered.
"Make sure you're all armed and have loaded guns, expect an exchange of gunfire," Yoongi informed.