Chapter 6

If she was here this could only mean one thing. The pack was finally trying to contact them, and they meant a message if they wanted her to carry it out. Send the wolf who didn't care who was involved, or didn't see humans as being on her same level. Mason wanted to make sure she never saw Valentina, or stay on the campus for that matter which was why before she could talk he shook his head.

"So, you mean to tell me, the packs deciding to send us a message after 6 months, and they send your Ex to do it?" Jaden said smirking.

Although getting news from the pack wasn't exactly good, in fact, this could officially signal the end for them, Jaden found a little humor in the fact that overall the warriors, the former beta or even Adams mate Olivia, the choose Masons ex-girlfriend. Mason glared at Jaden unamused as they stopped walking reaching an empty part of the campus near a psychology building. This area of the campus was just barely near a cluster of trees resembling something like a man-made forest.

Part of Mason longed to go in the woods, but he knew that was just the wolf talking in relation to the moon. It explained why he was antsy to run, and Jaden even kept looking that way. Sometimes standing in the forest felt a lot more like home than his place with Roland. He was conflicted, part of him loved it here and another wanted his place with Roland to feel more like home.

The smells of plants, and animals and the earth, the sounds of creatures both above and underground or the sun warming the leaves; those sensations were a lot more pleasing to listen to with advanced hearing than thousands of conversations, overwhelming body odor, and perfumes, etc. They both loved it more in the woods but while Jaden embraced it, they only reminded Mason of what he was running from.

In front of them, she turned around leaning against the railing going up a set of stairs, looking at the students who passed in the distance she didn't bother hiding her annoyance as she tilted her head.

"Why are humans so insufferably loud?" she asked.

Mason crossed his arms not wanting to drag this conversation on any longer than it needed to.

"Why are you here Yasmin?" Mason asked ignoring the way she looked at him longingly.

"Maybe it was because I missed you," she said looking at Mason from under dark lashes.

Jaden watched her with a hint of annoyance, but she ignored his gaze, her focus was trained on Mason who tried his best to remain impassive. Her grey eyes tried reading some hint of emotion on his face, plump pink lips upturned into a small soft smile at looking at him. She always had a soft spot for him after all. Flipping her caramel brown hair over one shoulder, in what may seem like an innocent gesture to a human but was her attempt at spreading her scent towards Mason.

"Nice clothes" Jaden commented sarcastically, and Mason took them in knowing from their smell she's only recently put them on, and from another person. She looked at Jaden with a leveled cold smile.

"Thanks, I stole it from some girl on the way here, as much as I'd want Mason to see me as he used to before, I'm here on business after all," she said sending Mason a wink.

She reached a hand towards his shoulder wanting to touch him like they used to in her memory, but before she could Mason grabbed her wrist hard and stared uncaring at her. He wouldn't let her see how much her presence unnerved him since she'd only use that to her advantage. She had missed him so much since he had left.

No matter if he was a traitor now she would still harbor feelings for him. That's what it meant to be mated to her. She knew one day he'd feel the same for her, he may not know what mates are, but she could teach him. In fact, she taught him a lot since he joined the pack not long ago after his attack. She's been a wolf a lot longer than even Jaden and knew a lot more, and unlike the both of them, she embraced her wolf with open arms.