Chapter 31

Valentina stood there alone for a few minutes after Mason had left. She tried convincing herself she wasn't waiting for him, and only for a chance to slip unnoticed from the parking lot. Once she made it back to the hospital the nurses chewed her out for being reckless and ignoring the rules.

Making it back to her room her mind was filled with the thought of her and Masons conversation. Mason was nothing like any werewolf she's heard about or learned from her parents, and she couldn't decide how she felt about that. Later she woke up to her father shaking her shoulder softly.

"It's about time you woke up. Doctors said we can take you home tonight," he said yawning a little.

Valentina sat up herself, rubbing her eyes and still feeling the drowsiness of her meds, "What about Mateo is he any better?"

"He woke up a few hours ago, and I comforted him until he fell back asleep. He was scared but that's to be expected. Doctors still want to keep him here few a few more weeks. To make sure he's 100% better with no residual damage to his brain and body." Her father explained helping her get out of the bed, and offering her a coat he must've brought for her.

"What about Phoebe?"

"Your friend? The doctors haven't said anything about her condition changing. Although they did say her father has shown up. He's quite the character" her father muttered.

Her father wasn't super social, and only was when he needed to be but Valentina could tell he wasn't a huge fan of Phoebe's dad. Her father handled the nurses at the front desk, and before they knew it they were driving away from the hospital. Valentina wished her brother and best friend could've been in the car with her they drove away, and again Mason came to her mind. Closing her eyes she tried forcing him out, thinking about him wasn't going to change anything.

"Valentina did you hear me?" he father asked catching her attention.

"I'm sorry what did you say?"

"Do you wish to go to the house, or meet up with your mother and the others? You just left the hospital so I'd understand if you wanted to go home" he said patting Valentina's thigh.

"Have they been meeting since I was in there?"

"Yes, there's a lot we need to go over in a short time"

"How come you haven't gone? Aren't you supposed to be there since you and Mami are leading this?" Valentina asked recalling her father had been at the hospital almost every day. She hadn't seen him get much sleep himself.

"They've kept me updated and I'm worried about my kids and her friend. Why wouldn't I be there? Your mother would be too right now she's just -,"

"Focused on revenge I got it. I'll go with you and Mami, the sooner I learn things the better right?" she asked and her father nodded. "Have you guys come up with a plan yet? On dealing with the wolves?"

"You'll see soon." Was all he said as he pulled into a parking lot near the club.

It was the same club from last time and must've been their meeting place for right now. Something about her father avoiding her question rubbed Valentina the wrong way. Were they still not going to include her in everything?

She followed her father to a side entrance into the club. As they entered Valentina noticed more people than last time. The crowd of people parted for her father but she received no such luck.

Annoyed and not wanting to have people step on her cast, she went over to the bar to take a seat. A voice was being broadcasted through the clubs speakers, drawing everyone's attention.