You

"W-What?"

Taehyung spoke shakily after a long silence, Yoongi's sudden outburst making him shiver.

"Yes. I was fired in fact. And they called the cops on me too" Yoongi said, a little bit of frustration lingering through his voice as he lowered his head. Taehyung couldn't believe a word.

"W-Wait why?? Why did they call the cops on you??"

"They- How am i supposed to explain this...Tae. It was inspection today...And sadly...One of the agents had a link with cops. Usually the company would try to cover up problems like these..but...I don't know how or why the fuck it happened or who the hell did it to me but when they checked through my files and my desk...They found about a bunch of cocaine stacked up...in a corner...i mean-"

Taehyung gasped covering his open lips with both his palms. He couldn't believe one word yet yoongis red eyes explained more than he said. He was so sure of the fact that his boyfriend would never ever do such a thing...

"I was lucky yugyeom was there to help me out since he had some connections with the local inspector. Or else...I'd have made it to the news..."

Taehyung was speechless a weird sense of insecurity washing over him. Yoongis fists were clenching up in anger and he was just standing there watching..Life was unfair...

"I-It's ok yoongi..W-We can find a better job..A-And until then I'll be working at the garden and we can save up money to-"

"What garden! Do you think its enough to keep us going?? Are you dumb-"

Taehyung stood shocked at his words, and Yoongi froze watching the younger's eyes filling up with warm liquid in the blink of an eye. He got up almost quickly and before he could apologize Taehyung had dashed into his room slamming the door shut behind him. Yoongi sighed and kicked the table taking his anger out on himself.

But they did make up after all...Yoongi was the first to make a move, knocking on the door and trailing towards his sobbing baby to engulf him in a hug. He littered the younger's neck with kisses after his small sorry and everything was back to normal...But someone wasn't having fun watching it..

The next day when Taehyung was at work, he was shocked at the sudden news...Of his garden owner being hospitalized. And even worse was that his hands were cut and body badly beaten up...It was a miracle he was still alive.

Taehyung wanted to throw up at the thought. Should he be happy? Or sad for the fact that he actually wished something like this upon that old man and it came true? For the first time ever...Taehyung felt like the world around him was being crumbled under a fist. A feeling that he was going to be next...

The same day that ravenette had met him at a cafe, giving Taehyung the chance to let out every single problems he had been hiding inside his chest...And Jungkook was more than glad to listen to it. Or maybe just stare at him in silence. Who could be blamed. Taehyung looked beautiful even in those giant round glasses.

"And i was really shocked like, who would do that??? They said his hands were cut kookie!"

"Really?" Jungkook tilted his head eyes widening in shock at whatever the blonde was mumbling.

"I know right! I mean he wasn't that nice or anything but-"

"Maybe he deserved it..." Jungkook mumbled. Taehyung fell silent, Jungkook briefly gazing at him while leaning back...

But Taehyung missed it all...Oh how Jungkook was gazing at him a bit more than he should on his little snacks on the table that were going cold. How his lips lighted up with a desperate, energetic smile whenever Taehyung laughed. How he studied each and every movement of his hands, his long fingers dancing to his words like a magical illusion. How his gaze darkened in a sense of desire whenever Taehyung called him kookie in that deep endearing voice.... Jungkook was hooked..

And he was mesmerized...He was blinded...

By Jungkook's charms. By his sweet bunny smile. By his care..

Taehyung was caught off guard when Jungkook adjusted his round spectacles after the blonde's big round of laughter, his cheeks going redder than usual. He never expected Jungkook to turn out to be this soft with him after that incident and Taehyung somehow felt... protected.

"Bye kookie...see you later"

And Taehyung waved at him, a playful smile plastered on his lips..

But like usual Taehyung failed to notice that man in the hoodie, walking behind him like a shadow, the only difference being him far away....He wouldn't stop being his shadow till he reached where he knew his dear would be safe..

Just gazing at him was more than enough. Or was it?

(A/N): hope you liked the chapter <3 c: