❀•Twenty Two•❀

Renjun tapped on Jeno's front door three times before a woman in her late thirties answered with a big smile. It was the same as Jeno's smile, her eyes creating a crescent moon shape.
"Oh you must be Jeno's friend, come on in" she says stepping aside to let the brunette inside.

"I'm Jeno's mother" she holds out her hand for Renjun to take.

"Renjun" he says, bowing slightly before taking her hand and shaking it.

"No need to be so formal, we're not a strict household" she laughs, giving the latter another smile.

"Jeno! Renjun is here!" She yells up the stairs.

"Send him up!" A faint voice shouts back.

"His room is the first door on the left" his mother explains earning a nod from the brunette before he jogs up the stairs.

"Can I come in?" He asks as he places a hand on the handle, making sure Jeno was decent before barging into the room.

"Yup!"

Rejun enters and is instantly taken aback. Jeno's room was so much more plain than he had imagined.
All four walls painted white with the odd poster stuck up. A small wooden dresser beside of his double bed and an easel by the window with the painting the two boys were currently working on.

Jeno was adjusting the easel and turned slightly to give the older boy a smile.

"Hey" he says, stepping back to make sure the canvas was placed straight.

"Hi..." Renjun mumbles, still a little lost in thought.
He walks over to Jeno's bed and sits down.
"So how difficult was it to carry that canvas home from school yesterday?" Renjun laughs only to earn an eye roll from the latter.

"Very difficult, but Jaemin helped me out" he gives the older boy another smile before handing him a paint brush.
"Ready to paint?"

"I guess" Renjun hops off of the bed and walks towards the easel.

"Remember, if we make a mistake,no matter how big or little, it can always be covered up or used to our advantage" Jeno gives the brunette a reassuring look and Renjun felt his heart skip slightly, but tried to ignore it.

"Thank you" he breaths, tearing his gaze away from Jeno and getting to work.

•••••

"You have paint on your face" Jeno laughs. Reaching his hand over to wipe away the green paint that had been splattered onto Renjun's face.

"Get off me, just carry on painting" the older boy demands, slapping Jeno's hand away slightly.

"We've been painting for an hour, can't we have a break?" The latter begs, putting his brush down and collapsing backwards onto his bed.

"Fine" Renjun huffs, placing his brush down too, he walks over to the bed but is stopped.

"Your not sitting on my bed, your covered in paint" Jeno laughs, sitting up to look at the annoyed older.

"Fine, wipe it off then" he turns his face slightly so that Jeno could reach.

Jeno grabs onto the brunette's hand and pulls him closer. "I can't reach if you stand all the way over there" he smiles, reaching his hand up and wiping the paint from Renjun's pale cheek.

The brunette tried to look anywhere but at Jeno, feeling himself getting slightly flustered at the contact.

"All done" The dark haired boy announces as he lets himself fall back onto the bed once again, causing Renjun to walk around the other side and drop down onto the soft mattress.

It was silent for a moment until Jeno decided to speak up "can I ask you something?" He says. The latter felt his heart skip a beat slightly but calmed himself down before humming in response.

"Please don't hurt my best friend".
The words came as a slight surprise to Renjun, he was not expecting him to say that.

The older boy turns his head to look at Jeno "what do you mean?"

"I know you don't like Jaemin, not how he likes you anyway." He sighs slightly before continuing. "Please don't hurt him. He means so much to me and I can't imagine how upset he would be if you straight up turned him down...please just do it nicely".
Jeno turns his head and his eyes meet the older boys.

"Of course ill let him down nicely, I'm not a monster Jeno" he says, his face emotionless as he stares at the younger boy.

Jeno smiles a little and turns to look back up at the ceiling "thank you".

Renjun wanted to look away from the younger boy, but he couldn't seem to drag his gaze away.
Admiring the profile of Jeno's face, his smooth skin, the shimmer of his eyes.

Heart sinking slightly the Renjun quickly looked away, his face heating slightly. Did he have a crush on Jeno?

He mentally cursed himself for being so stupid. How could he have let this happen.
When did this even happen?

He sighs, covering his face with his hands in slight frustration.

"Sup Bitch! Your main hoe has arrived!" A voice yells from Jeno's bedroom door causing both boys to look up.

"Oh shit, why didn't you tell me Renjun was here" Jaemin blushed slightly in embarrassment before shuffling into the room.

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming over" Jeno laughed, sitting up on the bed, followed by Renjun.

"When do I ever do that?" Jaemin sassily smiles, giving Renjun a quick wink.
"Your mum loves me Jeno, I don't even have to knock".

"What do you want?" The dark haired boy asks, as he watched the youngest pace around his room.

"Am I not allowed to spend time with my bestie?" Jaemin put an innocent tone in his voice as he gave Jeno puppy dog eyes.

"No" Jeno laughes once again but is stoped as a pillow is pressed to his face.

"So Renjun babes, how is yah?" Jaemin smiles brightly, pushing the pillow against the struggling Jeno.

Renjun can't help but laugh at the scene in front of him, these two would make a great comedy duo.

"You might kill him, you should probably stop" the older boy eyes Jaemin who rolls his eyes and drops the pillow.

"You have Renjun to thank for that, if he weren't here, you could still be making out with a pillow" the light haired boy drops himself onto the bed in between Renjun and his best friend.

Jeno lets out an annoyed groan. "Don't complain, it's he only action you'll ever get" Jaemin slaps his best friends arm before shooting Renjun another wink.