❀•Thirty-Two•❀

The whole walk home from school that night Jeno couldn't stop smiling. Remembering the feeling of Renjun's lips against his just made him want to kiss the older boy all over again.
He still felt really bad for Jaemin though, even if Renjun said he was fine with it, Jeno still felt like he had gone behind his best friends back.

"Hey honey, you look happy did something good happen?" Jeno's mother asks as he walks through his front door.

"What-um no, well I mean nothing bad happened but nothing amazing happened either" he lied whilst dropping his bag on the floor and taking his shoes of in the foyer.

"Oh okay. Well Jaemin is here, he went up to your room" she smiles sweetly going back to making dinner.

Jaemin practically lived at Jeno's house so it wasn't surprising that he was here. But he was the last person Jeno wanted to see right now.

He wanders upstairs and pushes his bedroom door open only to find his best friend sprawled out on his bed. "Hey" he mumbles as he pushes Jaemin over slightly so he could lay beside him.

"Don't you 'hey' me mister... I believe you have something to tell me" Jaemin lays on his side and rests his head on his hand, a smirk on his face and an eyebrow raised. Did he know? He couldn't know this soon surly.

"W-what do you mean?" Jeno laughs nervously as he keeps his eyes glued onto the ceiling.

"Hmmm, how about if I say the name 'Renjun' does that ring any bells princess?" He wiggles his brows slightly.

"I don't know what your talking about" the older boy rolls his eyes and pushes Jaemin away from him only for the latter to laugh.

"Come on, your were in that art room alone for an hour, your seriously telling me that nothing happened between you two?"
This boy always had to know everyone's business.

Well one thing Jeno knew for sure is that Jaemin wasn't aware of the kiss. Yet.

"Why would anything happen between me and Renjun? Your the one 'in love' with him not me" he laughs slightly seeing Jaemin getting annoyed.

The younger boy sits up and hits Jeno across the face with a pillow. "Come on Jeno, I know you have feelings for him, and I'm okay with it. I'm already over Renjun" he keeps hitting Jeno as he speaks "now spill the tea!"

Once he was done abusing his best friend, Jeno sat up looking at Jaemin.

"Are you sure your okay with it?" Jeno couldn't just take Renjun's word, he had to know for sure that Jaemin was okay with this, the last thing he wanted to do was hurt his best friend.

"Yes! We're practically brothers Jeno we're supposed to tell each other everything, now spill!"
God this boy was eager.

"Well..." Jeno trails off as he looks down at his hands and starts fidgeting slightly.
"...we kissed!"

Jaemin gasps
"Twice!"
He gasps once again, louder this time.

"No way! So wait, are you two a thing now?" He asks leaning forward slightly, desperate to know more.

"No, I don't know. He didn't bring it up" he admits, awkwardly scratching his neck.

Before Jaemin could say anything else Jeno's mother was calling them both down for dinner.

"This is not over, as soon as dinners done, you need to tell me every detail!" He points a finger at the dark haired boy before hopping off the bed and running out of the room.

•••••

Jeno, Jaemin, Jeno's mother and Jeno's father sit around the dining room table eating silently.

"So I heard you stayed after school to work on a project, may I ask which subject it is in?" His father speaks up and Jeno can see his mother trying to stop him.

"U-Um it was art" he mumbles, keeping his head down.

His father sighs loudly in frustration "Jeno, you can't spend all of your time working on art. You need to come home early so you can work on your chemistry"

"Oh don't worry Mr.Lee, he's definitely working on chemistry" Jaemin smiles only to earn a kick under the table from Jeno.
Thankfully the statement hadn't registered in his parents minds.

"I know Dad, I'm working hard on my other subjects too" Jeno mutters as he shoots his best friend a glare.

"Good, because your never going to get anywhere with good grades in art, you'll have to give up this silly little dream of yours at some point" his father says as he carries on eating.

Jeno's mother could sense the tension rising in the room and she clears her throat slightly "Jaemin honey, how's your mother doing?" She asks, a sweet smile fixed on her lips.

"She's okay I guess, she doesn't talk much these days, I don't see her much either. When I wake up she's still asleep and by the time I get home she's already left for work" Jaemin replied with a sad smile.

Jaemin's father walked out on him and his mother a year ago, his mother hasn't been doing too well since. She worked night shift at the hospital to try and earn enough money to keep her and Jaemin alive.

Jeno's parents had practically took Jaemin in as their own son and had offered to help out Jaemin's mother but she kindly declined.

"Ah I see, she knows we would still help her if it ever got too much for her right?" Jeno's mother asks earning a nod from the light haired boy.

"Yes, and she's very thankful, I am too" he gives both of Jeno's parents a bright smile before carrying on eating.

Jeno's heart ached for his best friend. He really did hope that he was okay with the whole Renjun situation because he would hate to lose his brother over some stupid feelings he didn't even ask for.

•••••
A/N: So I had an hour long lesson of fine art today and my teacher wouldn't shut up about how amazing modern art was when the piece we were studying was literally a dot on a piece of paper? Like WTF?! Am I seriously the only one who thinks modern art holds no talent whatsoever?

Anyway thank you so much for reading~♡