❀•Twenty Four•❀

"WHAT!" Chenle shouts, jaw dropping and eyes widening.
Jisung chokes on his water, too shocked to care that it had soaked the front of his shirt.

Renjun buries his head in his hands letting out a groan. He was going to tell them about his new 'crush' as soon as he left Jeno's, but decided it would be better to tell them on Monday when they had gone back to school, knowing he would be bombarded with questions.

"How?" Jisung asks, shock still covering his features.

"I don't know how! I didn't mean for it to happen" Renjun whines, not wanting to make eye contact with his two friends.

"Are you going to confess to him?" Chenle raises a brow, the two blondes had completely forgotten about the bag of skittles they were eating moments before.

"No! No way! I don't even know if I like him that much" Renjun sighs whilst slumping even further into his seat.

"What are you going to say to Jaemin?" Jisung chimes but the younger boy shakes his head in response.

"I-I don't know. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. I've never had a crush before"
Jisung scrunched up his face slightly.

"Then how do you even know you have a crush on him? What do you feel when you see him?" He asks and Renjun thought for a moment.

"Well, my heart speeds up, and when he smiles at me I can't seem to look away. I've even started looking forward to my art lessons a lot more, just because I know Jeno is going to be there" he explains earning a nod from the older blonde.

"Yeah, that's definitely what a crush feels like" Chenle says, picking the bag of skittles back up and throwing two into his mouth.

"How do you know what it feels like to have a crush?" Jisung scoffs, knowing that Chenle had never once mentioned having a crush on anyone ever.

Chenle's eyes widen slightly but he instantly acts cool again "no reason".

"I'm doomed!" Renjun cries, dropping his head and burying his face into the table.

•••••

Shuffling into art class, Renjun instantly smiles as he walks up to Jeno. Since admitting to himself that he did in fact have a crush on this boy, the whole situation seemed so much more real.

"You seem a lot better today" Jeno says only making the older boy smile even more.

"I feel a lot better today" he takes a few things he needs from his satchel before placing it on the floor and pushing it under the desk with his foot.

"Good I'm glad, you look better with a smile on your face".
Renjun feels the blush creeping up onto his cheeks and he quickly looks away trying to hide it.

"I could say the same about you" the older replies, as a picture of Jeno's beautiful eye smile popped into his mind.
He could hear Jeno laugh slightly and his heart swelled. Seriously, how did he let this happen?!

"Okay class, settle down..." Mr.Brett's voice boomed throughout the classroom causing the students to go quiet.
The two boys sat down on their wooden stools before looking up to listen.

"You have a week left on this project. That means all research,prep work, and the final piece must be completed and handed in by Friday" he explains but there was no groaning like usual, most of the students looked very confident in the work they were doing. Maybe Mr.Brett did pick the pairs well.

Renjun however was a little disappointed. Once this project was over Jeno would move back to his seat at the front next to Jaemin and leave him all alone. They won't talk anymore other than the odd 'hello' or 'good morning'. It would all go back to how it was before the project started.
As much as Renjun didn't want to work with Jeno in the beginning, he now couldn't think of anyone else he would rather work with.

Once the teacher was done rambling on about how important deadlines were, the class was free to carry on with their final pieces.

Jeno turns to look at the older boy who gave him a small smile.
"You ready to get painting?" He asks handing the older boy a fresh clean paint brush.

"Of course I am" he takes the brush from Jeno's hand and dips it into the red paint. Although he was disappointed about finishing the project, he wasn't going to let silly feelings distract him from getting the best grade on this piece. For himself...and for Jeno.

•••••
A/N: Renjun is whipped...