❀•Thirty-Five•❀

Renjun stood beside the entrance to the park. His palms were clammy and he felt sick with nerves. He shouldn't be so nervous, he'd spent plenty of time with Jeno before, it shouldn't be any different right?

He sighs slightly just praying that Jeno would love Jaemin's date recommendation as much as he said.
Renjun couldn't deny that he was also very excited for this date. Not only was it something Jeno would love but Renjun too.

He waits a few more moments until a familiar dark haired boy started making his way towards him.
His smile could make even the sun look dim.

"The park?" Was the first thing he asks, a brow raised and an amused smile on his lips.

Renjun rolls his eyes "I just asked you to meet me here, this isn't the date" he laughs a little as he reaches out for Jeno's hand.

The younger boy looks as their fingers laced together and Renjun's heart skips slightly. "I-is this okay, I can let go if it makes you uncomfortable" he mumbles as he goes to move his hand away only for it to be gripped even tighter.

"No, it's nice" Jeno smiles as he looks up from their hands back to the brunette's eyes.

Renjun can feel the blush threatening to coat his cheeks and he quickly turns and pulls Jeno along.

They walk around, hand in hand for a while, a comfortable silence settling over them. The weather was nice, with the golden sun high in the sky it's rays of heat beaming down on the two boys. Birds were chirping away in the trees and gliding around in the clear blue sky. It was perfect.

"Where are even going?" Jeno asks only to earn a smug smile from the older boy. He was determined he wasn't going to tell Jeno, he was just going to have to find out for himself.

After a few moments of walking they stop outside a huge stone building. The large steps up to the main entrance were dotted with a few people chatting away.

Jeno's jaw dropped as he turns to look at Renjun. "Really?!" He places both of his hands on the older boys shoulders causing him to laugh slightly at his excitement but he nods anyway.
"But this place is so damn expensive and-oh my god Renjun your actually an angel" he beams as he pulls to brunette into a tight hug only for Renjun to hug back.

He felt like his heart was beating so hard it was going to burst free from his chest.

Once Jeno had finally pulled away from the embrace he grabs Renjun's hand and pulls him up the steps of the building.

{flashback to the night before}

"The art gallery?" Renjun raised a brow as he looked at the very eager Jaemin sat opposite him on his bed.

He knew Jeno liked art but he didn't think that an art gallery was something he would be interested in. He knew Jeno liked art as a subject and a hobby, but not the whole art critique side of of it.

Jaemin nods quickly "yup! He's been dying to go there for as long as I can remember but it's always been a little too expensive for him to afford. If you don't have enough money to take him it's okay we can think of something else" he explains and Renjun shakes his head.

If he asks his parents for money to visit an art gallery they would give him all the money he needs, heck they would probably give him their credit card for the day.

"I'll do it, I'll take him there...are you sure he'll like it?" He asks tentatively only to earn another nod from the younger boy.

"Positive!"

{End of flashback}

They stand in the queue for a few minutes until they reached the front. Renjun had already booked so they could just go straight in after confirming a few security questions like his address and phone number.

He feels Jeno squeeze his hand and he can't help but smile.
Wow Jaemin was right. He had never seen someone so excited to go to an art gallery before.

They look around for a while, admiring every painting and sculpture in there, not missing one out.

They look in awe at some pieces, admiring the beautiful brush work and attention to detail.
They also laugh at other pieces, mostly modern art as both boys agree that it holds no talent whatsoever, although they earned a few glares from some very stuck up adults who were nodding as they look at the art.

This was another thing they ended up laughing at. At some point they both decided to take on the role of super rich art critiques as they link arms and pretend to wipe a tear from their eye as they look at the beautiful paint splattered canvas that looked like a two year old had created.

"I swear Bo paints better than that" Renjun whispered causing Jeno to snicker slightly and nod in agreement.

Before they knew it they had been around every room in the gallery and were already back out in the main part of the building.
"Where to now?" Jeno asks causing Renjun's eyes to widen slightly.

This whole date was very last minute and he obviously wasn't very good at planning.

"I'm so sorry, I thought we would be in here a lot longer than we actually were" he explains, trying not to mention the fact that he really hadn't planned anything else.

Jeno just smiles before he takes the brunette's hand once again, guiding him out of the building and down the steps.
"It's okay, let's go for a walk, enjoy the nice weather"

They make their way back to the park they had fist met at and strolled down the woodland path.

Renjun didn't think he could get any happier. Never in a thousand years did he think he would have fallen so hard for Jeno. All those small arguments they use to have over silly little things. It was almost laughable now.

"Renjun?" Jeno's voice breaks him away from his thoughts as they stand face to face. He hums in response, not wanting to ruin the beautiful atmosphere of the woodland.

Jeno takes the brunette's other hand in his and looks deep into his eyes. "I really like you".
The world seemed to stop as those words came from the boys beautiful lips. "I don't know when it happened, or how it happened. But I really really like you Renjun" he gives that oh so beautiful eye smile once again causing the older boy to feel weak at the knees.

"I-I really like you too" he returns the smile before remembering the whole reason for this date.
"Jeno I have something I want to ask you, and it's totally okay if you say no because maybe I'm pushing this too far and fast and I'm sorry if I am but-" Renjun's rambles were once again cut off by Jeno lifting his chin and cupping his cheek.

"Just ask me already" he whispers, their faces inches apart and Renjun can feel the warm breath on his face causing a shiver to shoot down his back.

"I-I was um, wondering if you would like to be my boyfriend?" He quickly shut his mouth before he could let the rambles fall out.

Jeno smiles once again before closing the small gap and connecting his lips with Renjun's.
The brunette lifts this arms to wrap around Jeno's neck as the younger boy lets his hands rest on Renjun's waist, pulling him a little closer.

They stay like this for a few seconds, just enjoying the taste of each other and the closeness of their bodies before they pull away slightly breathless.

"Renjun, I'd love to be your boyfriend"
And that was all Renjun needed to hear before he jumps up and pulls Jeno towards his lips once again.

•••••
A/N: ahhh sorry if this was shitty, thanks for reading anyway~♡