❀•Twenty Three•❀

The three boys made their way downstairs to Jeno's living room.
"We were doing work Jaemin" he huffs, jumping onto his couch, the other two boys doing the same.

"Didn't look like you were doing much work when I got here" Jaemin mumbles, reaching over both of the boys to grab the remote control.

Renjun awkwardly sat in the middle as he feels and arm snake around his waist. "Should we watch a movie?" Jaemin purrs and Renjun jumps off of the sofa on instinct.

"I'll sit in the middle then" Jeno shuffles up to let Renjun sit on his left side.

"I'm so sorry hyung! Did I go to far" In all fairness Jaemin did look generally worried that he had frightened the older boy.

"No, it's okay, I just...wasn't expecting that" he smiles settling in his seat beside of Jeno. His thoughts were still swimming and he wasn't really thinking straight, if he had been in the right state of mind he wouldn't have jumped off of the sofa like that.

"What movie should we watch?" Jeno asks as he moves to crawl over to the DVD player.

"How about a horror? Renjun do you mind watching a horror?" Jaemin looks over at the nodding brunette.

Renjun was never fazed by horrors much, and was far too busy overthinking to pay attention anyway.

Jeno selected a random horror from the pile of movies beside of his tv before sitting back down onto the couch.

"Are you sure you want to watch this? Remember last time?" Jeno asks the younger boy on his right. Thinking back to the last time the two of them watched a horror movie with Mark and Haechan, Jaemin was terrified. He didn't sleep for a week afterwards.

"Pffft, I only did that so you would turn it off, Mark and Donghyuck were having far too much fun in the dark" the light haired boy crosses his arms over his chest and slumps against the couch.

"Okay then" he pressed play and grabbed the big fuzzy blanket, laying it over the three of them.

Around an hour into the movie, Jaemin had his head buried into Jeno's arm, his body trembling slightly.

"Jaemin, do you want me to turn it off?" Jeno asks, trying to push the younger boy off him.

"N-no, I know Renjun is enjoying the movie" he says, his voice muffled slightly by the letters arm.

Jeno turns to look at the brunette on his left side. He seemed pretty spaced out, his gaze focused on his fidgeting hands rather than the screen.

"I'm sure he won't mind" the dark haired boy sighs, switching the TV off, causing Renjun to finally snap out of his daydream.

"I-is your mum home?" Jaemin stutters earning a nod from Jeno "do you think I can talk her into making me some more of those cookies?"

"You can try" before Jeno could even finish what he was saying, Jaemin was up off the couch and running to find Jeno's mother.

Ever since the two boys were young, Jeno's mum would bake fresh cookies and make them a glass of hot milk each when they had nightmares or something was scaring them. Jeno had grown out of it, however he couldn't say the same for Jaemin.

"Are you okay? You seemed pretty zoned out" the younger boy turns to face Renjun who just gave him a slight shrug.

"I've just got something on my mind, it's nothing serious though" he smiles a little, looking up at a concerned Jeno.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He places a hand on the letters shoulder.

"No!" He yells, moving away slightly causing Jeno to slowly pull his hand back.
"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell. I think I need to speak to someone I feel a little closer to first, sorry" Renjun mumbles before standing up from the couch.

"There's no need to be sorry, if you need me, you know where I am. We may not be close, but if there is anything bothering you, I'm here to talk to" Jeno gives the brunette a smile and Renjun swears his heart stopped beating for a moment.

"T-thank you it means a lot" he stutters before making his way to the front door.

"Aw! Is my baby leaving so soon?" Jaemin pouts as he comes out of the kitchen.

"It was nice spending time with you, sorry we couldn't have gotten more work done" Renjun says only for Jeno to shrug the statement off. They did over an hour of work, that was more than enough.

He opens the door and steps out. Giving the two younger boys a wave, he starts down the driveway heading home.

"He was fine until your ugly ass showed up" Jeno snapped as he smacked Jaemin on the arm.

"Shut up, your only jealous, now come help make cookies" he winks before turning and making his way back into the kitchen.

"Pfft, why would I be jealous?" Jeno laughs as he follows his best friend, suddenly feeling very in the mood for freshly baked cookies.

•••••
A/N: update on the Nomin fanfic, turns out it's taking a little longer to write than I thought. BUT! I've just published a Luwoo fanfic if any of you are interested. It's called 'the school for the supernatural'. The Intro and the first chapter are already up.

Anyway thank you so much for reading, love yas! ~♡