❀•Twenty Six•❀

Jeno felt awful. He knows how much Jaemin likes Renjun, but he also knew that Renjun had no interest in dating the younger.
Jeno hoped that deep down Jaemin also knew that they were never going to be together.

The rest of the day seemed to drag on for Jeno. Monday's usually did drag on.
He moved from class to class, just wanting to go home. The only decent lesson of the day was art.

Making his way to his locker, a voice stops him, and instantly brings a small smile to his face which he tries to hide.
"Jeno!"
He turns on his heel to see Renjun walking up to him.

"Hey" he says, shooting the boy an eye smile. He thought back to what Jaemin had said, that he flirts without realising it. Was that really true?

"I was wondering if you wanted to help me babysit again tonight, we could get some of our project done too" the brunette returns the smile.

"Yeah sure, let me just get a few of my books from my locker" Jeno nods for the older boy to follow him a few more steps until they reach his locker. Turning the lock, it clicks open

"Are your parents working on the commission again?" The younger boy asks as he takes the needed books out and stuffs them into his bag.

"Yup" the latter sighs looking down at his sweater sleeves.

"Well I guess a positive thing is that I always seem to be there to keep you company" Jeno shuts his locker and turns to the older boy, seeing a smile creep onto his face as he looks up at Jeno.

"Yeah, I guess your right" Renjun laughs slightly as they both start walking towards the school doors.

•••••

Once again, Renjun's parents came racing out of the house, without paying any attention to either of the boys.
They ran down the driveway, Renjun's mother gave the brunette a quick kiss on the forehead before jumping into the car and driving off.

The two boys step into the house and drop their bags. The house is silent and Renjun furrows his brows slightly.
"Where's Bo?" He mumbles walking over to the living room and peaking inside.

The little five year old lay on the couch fast asleep, cartoons still playing on the TV.

Jeno watches as the older picks up his little brother carefully. "I should probably take him up to bed" he gives Jeno a small smile before carrying the little boy upstairs, being sure not to wake him up.

Jeno took a seat on the couch. Renjun's house was pretty big, you could definitely tell his parents earned a lot of money.

There were photos above the fireplace of baby Renjun, a big smile on his face. Jeno couldn't help but smile a little too.

"I'm sorry, I asked you to help babysit when the baby is asleep" Renjun laughs as he walks back into the room and falls back onto the leather couch beside the younger boy.

"It's okay, we can still hang out" Jeno shrugs, not caring one bit that Bo had fallen asleep before they even got here.

"I guess your right" the brunette sighs slightly but gives the younger boy a smile anyway. He reaches over for the remote and turns the cartoons off, leaving to room pretty quiet.

They sat in the comfortable silence for a while until a question that Jeno had been meaning to ask for a while came to mind.
"Can I ask you something?"

The older boy just hums in response.
"Why did you chose the emotion of fear for the project?" He asks causing Renjun to turn his head to look at him.

For a moment Jeno didn't think he was going to answer, as he looks down at his hands.
"Well, my parents are pretty strict, they always have been, even when we lived in China..." he starts, Jeno watches the older boy as he explains, not being able to drag his gaze away.

"... As you know my parents are really big on art, so the subject has been forced on me since I was little. It's okay though because I do enjoy it, but..." he takes a small breath before continuing. "But they seem to expect the very best of me. If I don't get good grades they get very angry and that scares me...that's why I chose fear".

The brunette gave Jeno a sad smile before looking back down at his jumper sleeves.
"Why'd you choose confidence? Surly it wasn't just because it was the first thing that came to your mind,or because it was the opposite of mine" Renjun mumbles, still not looking up to meet the dark haired boys gaze.

"Because I want to be more confident. Because every single piece of art I create I only ever see the flaws and mistakes. I'm always comparing myself to others when in reality I need to be more confident in my work" he explains causing Renjun to finally look up.

A moment of silence passes over them as they look at each other. Jeno wanted to say something else but couldn't seem to form the words.

"Let's do something a little bit more fun, I feel like we both just got really depressing" Renjun laughs awkwardly as he grabs the remote control and turns on the TV, not wanting to look at Jeno.

'Do you like Renjun?' Jaemin's words seemed to play on repeat in Jeno's mind. Did he like Renjun?

If he was being honest with himself he had never really thought about it before, but ever since his best friend brought it up, he couldn't seem to shake the thought from his head.

"Let's watch a movie" Renjun says, flicking the TV over to Netflix and putting on some random comedy.

Jeno couldn't concentrate on he movie. He was too busy stealing small glances at the older boy that sat beside him, eyes glued to the screen.

He needed to stop this. If Jaemin could read Jeno's thoughts right now, Jeno was sure the younger would never speak to him again.

•••••
A/N: So I was watching the 00liners live on VLive this morning and if this screenshot doesn't sum up the beginning of this fic then I dunno what does

ALSO, yah gurl tried to get BTS tickets today and I sat in a queue for almost two hours before it choses to tell me that they were sold out :'( Imma cry now bye~♡

Imma cry now bye~♡