Chapter 1. Arrival

Y/n = Your name

L/n = Last name

H/c = Hair color

H/l = Hair length

S/c = Skin color

-----------------------------------

It was a cold and rainy night as you were on a train heading to Empire City. The moon was covered by the dark and menacing clouds lurching above, luckily for you the train had a heater, unfortunately you had to get off the train on the next stop.

"Why did I decide to come here in winter? It's freezing!" Y/n said to themselves silently while they walked toward the bus depo. 'Please please please let there still be a bus to Beach City' Y/n pleaded in their head. 'Beach City, apparently super weird to this Rolando kid who lives there' Y/n thought as they skimmed through the website which made them move to Beach City in the first place.

As Y/n arrived at the bus stop, their face went from cold pale to shocked pale as they saw their bus to their brand-new home town had started to pull away and go down the highway. "NOOOOOOOO!" Y/n yelled in frustration as the bus left. 'now how am I meant to get home? The next bus isn't till 5:00 in the morning!' Y/n panicked as they were thinking of another way to Beach City. Y/n then collapsed to the floor and tried to hold back their tears of frustration until they heard a young boys voice call from the road, "Are you okay?!" asked the worried sounding boy, Y/n looked up to see a boy wearing a tuxedo with a black afro like hairstyle sitting in a limo with an older man who was also wearing a tuxedo.

"I'm okay kid, just missed my bus" Y/n said as they held back a tear

"Well where was your bus going?" asked the older man

"Beach City" Y/n said sadly as they looked to the floor

"Well come with us!" the boy said cheerfully, Y/n accepted the offer and jumped into the limo with the kid and old man, as they entered he noticed a bird like shadow next to them, as they approached they saw a lady with a white, oval shaped rock on her forehead.

"Thank you all so much!" Y/n said happily as they buckled up, "By the way, the names Y/n, Y/n L/n" you announced.

"Well it's lucky we were leaving when we were, names Steven, this awesome dude here is my dad Greg" Steven said as he hugged his dad, "And the lady your sitting next to is Pearl, she's like a mother to me" he added.

"It's a pleasure to meet you" Y/n declared as they stuck their hand out for a handshake, she hesitated at first but then took your hand with a weird expression on her face "You okay?" Y/n asked, "Yup, just dandy" Pearl said in a slightly shaky voice.

"So, why you going to Beach City?" Steven asked with a questioning expression, "Well I heard that there was a lot of interesting things going on there, like there apparently was a kid with cat fingers but that could be photoshop, but other then the interesting events, I also heard that they have the best food, the best beach and everything is conveniently close" Y/n said as they were blabbering on and on about Beach City.

"So, are you visiting or becoming a resident?" Greg asked, "Hopefully staying, but well I do have one problem..." Y/n said as they scratched their neck.

"What is it?" Steven asked, "I don't have a house to live in... I didn't plan to far ahead" I said with a frown.

Right after I finished my sentence, Steven had a huge teethe grin with stars in his eyes as he said "You can live with us!", I was shocked, and by the looks of it, so was Pearl.

"It was bad enough we just let some random into our car!" Pearl said in frustration. "But now your inviting a stranger to live in our house?!" Pearl continued.

"There not a stranger, there name is Y/n" Steven said confidently

I couldn't help but laugh a little

Pearl then gave Y/n an angry looking glare which made the whole journey to Beach City feel somewhat awkward.

While Steven was convincing Pearl into taking Y/n into they're home, Y/n was glancing out the window of the limo and as they were admiring the scenery they started hearing thumping, it was coming from the road ahead, and as Y/n rolled down the window and looked down the road to see Beach City, as well as a weird looking creature flying through the air as if the Hulk just punched it, "Damn it, I told them to bubble the gem but no, Amethyst probably popped the bubble as soon as she bubbled it" Pearl said with an exhausted look as she suddenly opened the door of the limo and jumped out, "PEARL?!" Y/n yelled as they watched Pearl suddenly run past the limo at the speed of what seemed like a cheetah. "Wait for me!" Steven said as he jumped out and then made a pink bubble around him and raced down the road like a hamster in a ball. Y/n was just looked in awe as if they just saw Santa, the Easter bunny and a Wizard all at the same time. "You'll get used to that after a while" Greg said while nodding.

Y/n had arrived at Beach City and saw that a big fight had gone down on the beach, they looked up to see a tall, dark reddish woman with shades and an afro, a short girl with purple skin and white long hair, both standing next to Pearl and Steven. Steven was holding a dirty, cracked looking gemstone in his hand and then suddenly a pink bubble engulfed the gemstone, then Steven tapped the top of the bubble with his palm which made the bubble disappear. My mind was trying to process all this new information but then out of nowhere the reddish looking lady picked me up, "Umm... what are you doing?" Y/n said as they blushed a light pink, "Pearl won't agree with you living with us, but your presence is needed in our future" the reddish woman stated as she ran up a staircase of some temple," Okay... but you are?" Y/n asked in confusion, "Garnet" she replied.

"I think you've mistaken me for someone else, I'm not that important to anyone or anything" Y/n said with a depressed face, Garnet said nothing and laid Y/n down on the couch in what Y/n thought was her home then suddenly Garnet said, "Sorry about this". "Sorry about wha-" before Y/n could finish their question she had already knocked them out with her fist.

--------------------------------------------------------

Okay so idk if this is gonna be good or not but it is my first published book, so I will make more of it, just not immediately.