Chapter 16. Beach City Drift Pt. 3

Y/n, Stevonnie and Kevin all lined up at the top of the hill, ready to race. Kevin looks down at his watch in boredom and then looks over at Stevonnie, who was growling in frustration. Kevin then looked over at Y/n expecting to see a sweaty mess, only to see Y/n on their phone playing a game. "I'll do the driving" Silver whispered through the radio, Y/n simply nodded as they put their seat belt on. "You know, this mountain pass has some really beautiful views. Shame you two will only be seeing my tail lights the whole time" Kevin said as he revved up his car, "You wish!" Stevonnie said as they gripped the steering wheel. Kevin then expected a remark from Y/n, but all they did was put on a headset and listened to some tunes while they waited for the go signal.

The time on the cars clocks went up "8:58", "Are you sure you got this?" Y/n asked Silver as they knelled down, pretending to grab something, "8:59". "Don't worry my Y/n, I will not let you down" Silver said as she revved the engine.

The clock hit 9:00 and everyone sped down the road, leaving Stevonnie confused, but they quickly got back in the game and was behind Y/n and Kevin. Stevonnie quickly caught up as Y/n passed Kevin like he was nothing, Kevin was pissed. "I won't let you win!" Stevonnie said as they got ahead of Kevin, causing him to become more enraged. "Ha, Ha!" Stevonnie tauntingly said as they sped past, Stevonnie then looked up ahead at Y/n drifting a sharp turn, "Oh" Stevonnie said as they began to sweat intensely.

Y/n sped way ahead of everyone at supernatural speeds for a car, Y/n was holding onto the wheel for their life, that was until the car suddenly turned back into it's normal state, Y/n looked at the hood to see Silver's diamond only barely stuck to the hood. "Oh no... Well, here goes nothing!" Y/n said as they summoned a sword and slammed it onto the accelerator, Y/n slowly got out and began to car surf while slowly walking towards the loose gem.

Y/n then heard skidding, they quickly looked up to see Stevonnie drifting a corner, with Kevin speeding past them, they kept drifting down the hill as they slowly gained up to Y/n, who then realized that the car was heading for a cliff. "Screw it" Y/n said as they grabbed Silver and tossed her gem at the car's windshield, breaking the glass.

Y/n quickly leaped into the drivers seat and turned away from the cliff, allowing Kevin and Stevonnie to speed past, both of them arguing. Y/n was now driving, and the only driving that they had ever done was in video games, "This is just fantabulaous!" Y/n yelled sarcastically as they noticed Stevonnie acting weird, "Are you okay?" Y/n asked as they began driving beside Stevonnie. "Whats happening? Kevin..." Stevonnie said as they looked at the rear view mirror and began to yell, "Oh! No! We have to beat him. He deserves to lose!" Stevonnie said as they veered to the left, spinning out the car, Y/n quickly stopped the car and ran to Stevonnie. Only to see two familiar faces sitting shoulder to shoulder in the drivers seat, "Steven, Connie!" Y/n said as they looked for scratches on the two kids, "We're fine..." Steven said as he crossed his arms.

"We'll the car is still in one piece" Y/n said as they backed away and looked around the car, Connie then jumped out of the car and looked down the road, "What are you doing?" Steven asked as Y/n began pulling glass shards out of them self due to the windshield stunt. "What are we doing?" Connie asked Steven as she turned to face him.

"We're getting Kevin back. We're about to beat him at his own game!" Steven said as Y/n began checking Silver to make sure her gem was okay, luckily it didn't have a scratch. "Yeah, but why do we even have to play his game?" Connie said as her and Steven tried to figure out what happened.

"Because -- he's -- he's... DAGH!" Steven said as he face planted into the chair. "I know! So why should he get to have any say over how we feel?" Connie continued, "He doesn't!" Steven quickly retaliated.

"But he's the reason we're racing... Steven, he's the reason we fused" Connie said in a glum tone. causing Steven to gasp, "We are obsessed with him" Steven said as he looked back at the steering wheel. Y/n got back into their car and got back to racing, since knowing those two, they'll figure it out.

Y/n quickly sped ahead of Kevin once more, causing him to jump in shock at the beaten up car. "What happened there? Your junk car became even junkier?" Kevin said, trying to insult Y/n. Y/n simply just threw a piece of glass at Kevin's car, leaving a scratch down the side of it, "YOU LITTLE!" Kevin began to scream as he rammed Y/n's car, with the distraction, Stevonnie sped past then slowed down a little at the view of beach city, it does look beautiful, so knowing Stevonnie, they had found peace.

Y/n quickly sped up, leaving Kevin in the dust, while Stevonnie slowly came behind the two. Y/n sped up even more at the sign of the finish line, till Kevin went up along side Y/n and pulled out a pistol, "HOLY MOTHER OF THE STARS!" Y/n yelled as they ducked, the gunfire went straight over Y/n, breaking the drivers side window. "STEVONNIE, CALL THE POLICE!" Y/n yelled into a walkie talkie that they had exchanged with Stevonnie before the race, "Already on it!" Stevonnie said as Y/n realized that life is worth more then the race.

Y/n sped ahead of Kevin and passed the finish line, coming first. Kevin came second and leaped out of his car, with Stevonnie in third who also leaped out of their car. Kevin quickly grabbed Stevonnie and used them as a hostage, "You admit I'm better then you Y/n! DO IT OR PRETTY GIRL HERE DIES!" Kevin threatened as his hand shook, he had blood shot eyes. "Stevonnie, listen to me, now wouldn't be a good time to fall apart " Y/n hinted, Stevonnie caught Y/n's hint and unfused, causing the gun to be pointing at no one, Y/n quickly ran up and grabbed the gun off of Kevin and tossed it, Kevin threw a punch at Y/n, only to break his own hand.

Just then the police came speeding down the road, "Where did you get the gun?!" Y/n said as they picked Kevin up by the collar, "I-I got it from Wilckson! He-he runs gun's and all types of things to the smaller towns!" Kevin said as he began bursting into tears, Y/n put him down as the police arrested him, turns out he stole the yellow sports car as well, "Are you two okay?" Y/n asked Connie and Steven who were oddly chilled out, "We've handled worse" Steven said as he shrugged, "But what about you Y/n, are you okay?" Connie asked as she noticed the new glass shards from the broken window, "Yeah I'm good, just need some time" Y/n said as they picked up Silver and put her in their pocket.

"Have they found that blasted teen yet!" Wilckson said as he slammed his shot glass onto the counter, "No sir, apparently they took down one of our recruits" A man dressed in a bulletproof vest and track pants said to Wilckson, "Which one?" Wilckson asked, "Kevin sir" The odd soldier replied.

"We need that teen" Wilckson said as they picked up a photo of Y/n in the Silver armor without the helmet, talking to Jasper, "And find that orange chick as well" Wilckson finished as they tossed the photo to the soldier.

---------------------------

Oof here comes the real world problems.