Chapter 30. The Escape

Pearl grabbed Amethyst's hand and they both tried they're best to dance. They may have messed up a bit but they still danced on like there was no problems, and with the blinding light of hope, a beautiful and tall woman appeared. "Opal!" Steven said excitingly as Opal broke through her chains. Garnet then temporarily unfused to loosen the chains on her feet, making Ruby and Sapphire drop to the ground.

Opal then picked up Ruby and Sapphire, slowly spinning around into a circle of light. And out came Alexandrite, with a strong roar she ripped the chains off of Steven and Greg, freeing them from Charmcaster's rock chains.

"We need to find Y/n" Alexandrite growled.

Y/n held onto Jasper tightly. "Why... Why would I want to fuse with a gem shatterer like you?" Jasper told herself as she held onto Y/n. "As I-I said Jasp-p-per, I don't r-remember shattering anyone..." Y/n pleaded to Jasper.

"Well... the only way I can trust you is if you kiss me" Jasper awkwardly said as she blushed.

"...This is no time for jokes Jasper" Y/n said with an odd look at Jasper.

"W-Well we can share memories with skin contact of the lips..." Jasper said as she sat in the snow.

"Or we could just fuse, that works to" Y/n added with persistence in their voice.

"Fine... but don't blame me if we're some weird abomination like before with that Lapis" Jasper stated as she started to spin around with Y/n, who was holding tight onto Jasper.

A bright light then took over Y/n's eyes once more as they felt the warmth of Jasper enter them.

Alexandrite had Greg and Steven on her shoulders and Silver Diamond on her head as she pummeled rock creatures that seemed to come out of nowhere as they stormed down the mountain, they were making it till a rock monster that was slightly bigger than Alexandrite pushed her to the ground and pinned her, sending Steven, Silver and Greg flying into the freezing snow with almost no air left in their lungs except for Silver who tried fighting off the monsters with just her fists.

Alexandrite struggled even with her multitude of arms trying to tear the rock monster apart.

Suddenly an orange arm with (Skin color) spots and streaks on it punched straight through the stone beast and threw it away. Alexandrite looked up to see a Jasper Gem on this fusion's nose with a silver tilted diamond shape going around it's right eye, causing the iris to look like steel.

"Hey guys, look who's back in action" The fusion said as it picked Alexandrite up, to her surprise the new fusion was taller then herself. "Jasper?" Alexandrite asked as she stepped back and picked up Steven and the others who were now cold and nearly breathless.

"I'll tell you who I am once we get to the bottom of this cold and deadly mountain" The fusion explained as it ran down mount Fuji with Alexandrite running beside. "Okay, so I am Jasper BUT I am also Y/n so don't go trying to poof me now ya hear?" The fusion told Alexandrite.

"Okay but why would you fuse with a gem shatterer?" Alexandrite asked as she jumped over another rock monster, kicking it in the face. "... We sorted that out" The fusion said as the form became unstable for a split second.

They all arrived at the bottom of the mountain, putting down Steven and Greg so they can warm themselves up. "So, whats the name of this super-fusion!" Steven asked with a smile even though he nearly just died. "I think I like the name 'Malachrome', a reinvention of a past fusion. While also keeping Silver in mind" Malachrome said as Alexandrite unfused, with all the gems looking at Malachrome with serious gazes.

"So... why did you two fuse?" Pearl asked as she looked up at Malachrome.

"Well, Y/n was freezing to death and Jasper couldn't keep them warm for long so-" Malachrome explained.

"How did you find Jasper?" Garnet also asked.

"I... was on the ship that we destroyed, Wilckson's ship, and I couldn't just leave myself behind like that. That isn't humane" Malachrome explained while making Steven and Greg confused as hell with the wording.

"And you trust her!?" Amethyst said in an angry tone.

Malachrome then unfused back to Jasper and Y/n.

"Yes, I do trust her. Why shouldn't I?" Y/n said as they walked up to Amethyst.

"But you don't know her past!" Amethyst pleaded as she grabbed onto Y/n.

"Yes I do, when I fuse with Gems I can see their whole life, memories and emotions. I can tell how much Pearl loved Rose... and more" Y/n stated as they looked over to Pearl, who covered her mouth with both her hands. Y/n gave her a subtle nod to let her know that they wouldn't tell.

"And when Y/n fused with me, I saw the memories of them and how humans live. I understand why you gems protect this planet. Also don't worry Pearl, I can't see other gems memories through Y/n, I think it's a kind of privacy system in Y/n's head" Jasper explained while hugging Y/n.

"So umm.... why are you snuggling into Y/n like a cuddly toy?" Greg asked after he felt warm enough to stand up.

"Well Y/n has saved me like... three times was it?" Jasper asked Y/n, looking down on them.

"It was twice, and we should probably get back to my place before my parents get home. Silver, could you head back to Beach City and make sure those 'New Crystal Gems' are behaving" Y/n said with a smile and giggle.

"Sure thing!" Silver said as she ran off to the direction of the warp pad.

The Gems and the others arrived at the warp pad, finally warping back to Y/n's house.

Y/n and the others walked off the warp pad and into the house to see a woman standing in the lounge room with her arms crossed, foot tapping and Y/n could swear they could see steam coming out of the woman's head. 

"...Hi Mom" Y/n said while rubbing the back of their head.

All the gems looked at Y/n and then back at the woman who was silently scolding Y/n.

(Middle Name M/n)

"Y/N M/N L/N! YOU HAVE A LOT OF EXPLAINING TO DO!" Y/n's Mom yelled, scaring everyone out of the room.

"Oh um...... GEM MOMS HELP" Y/n yelped as they grabbed Pearl, Garnet and Amethyst. Y/n then reconsidered what the purple menace could say and left Amethyst with Steven.

------------------------

I may think Jasper is the best sooooo yeah I might favorite her! - A/n