Chapter 26. Alone At Sea Pt.3

"Aw, geez, something's throwing off the rudder. I don't know what's going on, and this owner's manual is no help. It's mostly advice on sun tanning and what crackers go with caviar" Greg said as he pulled out a book from a chest next to the controls. "Well, what crackers go with caviar?" Steven asked, holding back a grin. "Water crackers" Greg replied with a smile. "Ayyyyyyy" Both Greg and Steven said to each other smiling.

"They realize were stranded right?" Lapis asked Y/n as she looked at the laughing pair. "Well not completely stranded, you can still bring us to shore" Y/n suggested as they rested against a wall. "So close to catching that fish as well" Lapis said looking down at the fishing pole. "I'm starting to think that wasn't a fish" Y/n replied. A sound of thumping then came from the bottom of the yacht. "There it is again" Greg said as he stopped laughing.

The yacht begins to thrash again. "Steven come with me, we need to check the engine" Greg said as he opened the internals of the yacht, smoke poured out, causing Greg and Steven to cough profusely.

"Oh, crud! The engine! I don't know how to fix an engine. This trip might be a little longer than we thought, little buddy" Greg said to Steven as he finished coughing. Steven then went to the controls and tried to look for a engineers manual. Time passed by and it had become noon, Y/n and Lapis looked on at the scenery of the open ocean. "I understand why you haven't tried pulling us back in land" Y/n said as the sky turned orange. "You do?" Lapis replied.

"Of course I do, you get to hang out with your friends. And the ocean is calming as hell at this time of day" Y/n stated as the waves splashed onto the yacht. Steven then approached with a somewhat worried look "Lapis? Y/n? Um... I have some not-so-good news. There's trouble with the engine, and we might be stuck out here for a while since we can't find a manual that lets us how to fix the boat" Steven said, twiddling his thumbs. Lapis sighed as she looked at the floor. Steven then sighed "I'm so sorry! This whole thing is my fault. I just wanted you two to have fun, but everything's a mess. I shouldn't have made you two come on this trip" Steven said sadly.

Y/n was listening to them argue, that was till their ears began to hear water splashing. "Hold on..." Y/n said, Lapis and Steven didn't hear them and continued arguing. Y/n walked over half the ship before it started rumbling once again. The sound of a chain rattling then caught everyone's attention. Y/n stood back to see an orange arm slam onto the side of the boat. "Wait... is that?" Y/n was about to finish their sentence until the arm pulled itself onto the ship... to show Jasper.

"Finally!" Jasper said, lightning striking behind her with thunder in the distance. "Jasper!" All three people yelled as Greg hid behind the wheel. "I thought I'd never catch up to you!" Jasper said, not noticing Y/n. "You've been following us?" Lapis replied with shock still in her system. "I've been following you" Jasper said, eyeing down Lapis, making her gasp.

"Stay back!" Steven said, summoning his shield. Y/n stood back in a fighting posture. Jasper laughed and chuckled "This dulled-down version of Rose Quartz works for you now? You're pointing that shield the wrong way. She's the one you should be afraid of" Jasper nodded toward Lapis, suggesting she was the bad one. "Oi! That's not true!" Y/n said, making Jasper look over to them. Instead of Jasper being angry or looking crazy, she looked scared. Scared of Y/n.

"S-stay back you shatterer!" Jasper said whimpering. "Shatterer?" Both Steven and Lapis looked over at Y/n, who had a confused look. "Shatterer? What do you mean Jasper?" Y/n asked as they approached Jasper, making her back away. "You shattered that corruption! With your foot!" Jasper tried staying put. "I don't remember that, I thought you did that!" Y/n said, summoning their blade. "You... don't remember?" Jasper continued, She then put one and one together. She smiled deviously "You don't remember". She then summoned her helmet and charged at Y/n. Who blocked with their sword as best as they could.

Y/n's armor then appeared over them as they looked up at Jasper, she ran at Y/n once more. Lightning struck in the distance as the night fell. Y/n decided to try something out and grabbed Jasper's helmet as she ran at them, Y/n was then dragged across the boat before they stopped her. "Guess what" Y/n said as they looked Jasper in the eyes. Jasper only answered with a grunt.

"I got ya helmet" Y/n continued in a childish voice, their hands then glowed silver and the silver light then covered Jasper's helmet. Y/n's helmet then changed shape to look the same as Jasper's. "How did you?!" Jasper asked as she stood back. Y/n then ran up and jumped, headbutting her and sending her into the center of the boat. Y/n then waved to Jasper and said "Bye Bye!". Jasper looked next to her to see Lapis raise her hands.

"No!" Jasper yelled as Lapis formed a fist of water and punched Jasper off the boat, sending her across the ocean.

"Y/n, Lapis, you did it!" Steven cheered as he group hugged the two, Y/n had gotten rid of all their weapons and hugged the two back. "Are you three okay?! What?!" Greg said as the boat creaked, then began to sink. "What happened?" Greg added as he looked at the holes made by Jasper and Y/n.

"Uhh, it's kind of a long story" Steven said as Lapis picked up Greg and Steven, while Y/n sat on Lapis's back.

"I guess you bought a boat after all" Y/n said looking down at the wreak.

"Eh, sorry, Dad. But hey, the ocean's really beautiful from up here" Steven said, trying to cheer up Greg.

"Yeah. It is" Lapis added as they approached the shore.

Y/n looked behind them, and saw a cargo ship approaching Beach City. With the big words "WILCKSON" Painted on the side.

-------------------------------------------