Chapter 25. Alone At Sea Pt.2

Lapis pulled the horn of the yacht a couple of times throughout the sailing trip, with Greg fishing and Steven now watching Y/n and Lapis piloting the boat.

"Dad! Dad!" Steven said excitedly as he ran down to his father, with Y/n and Lapis following behind. "Hey, you three. Finally get enough of that horn?" Greg asked in his usual up beat tone while keeping an eye on the water. "What?!" Steven said in shock as he stood beside Greg who was chuckling. "I pulled the boat to a stop so you should be able to fish easily" Y/n said as they pulled a spare rod out from the end of the boat and began fishing with Greg.

"What are you doing?" Lapis asked as she looked at Y/n casting out their line. "Catching fish" Y/n replied as they pulled out a chair to sit on. Lapis sighed as she said "You could of just asked", and with a raise of her hands, a blob of water came out of the water, inside was a bunch of fish.

"What the?!" Greg said with a gasp as he stood back. "Woah" was all Steven could say, while Y/n just smiled at the thought of Lapis taking it a little to seriously. "That's a pretty uh... fancy way of catching fish" Greg continued as he looked at Steven with a confused look. "Well to be fair Lappy does have the ability to manipulate and liquid element" Y/n said to Greg as they got off the seat they had just sat on.

"Well, I, Uh, appreciate the gesture, but I-I think it would be safer to stick to the old-fashioned way of doing it" Greg asked, Lapis just looked over to Y/n with a bit of a sad expression like she did something wrong. "Oh, uh... sure" Lapis replied, dropping the blob back into the water, making the ship wobble and creak from the sudden movement.

"Woah!" Steven and Greg said as they looked at the rippling water, but Y/n was on their knees, now remembering why they used to sail with their Dad. "Um... Greg" Y/n asked while holding their mouth. "You okay Y/n?" Greg asked as Steven and Lapis didn't notice and started to learn how to fish.

"Hey Dad, how do we- is Y/n okay?!" Steven said before interrupting himself after seeing Y/n. "Don't worry just a little... mmmm that's my lunch coming up" Y/n said as they grabbed a bucket, holding it tight. "Oh your sea sick" Steven said in a calmer tone. "Is Y/n okay Steven!" Lapis asked as if the world was ending. "Don't worry, sometimes people can't stay on the water for to long or their stomach liquids start bouncing around and out their mouth" Greg replied to Lapis's question, Lapis then looked less scared but still worried about Y/n.

"I think I can help" Lapis said as she put her hand on Y/n's stomach, Y/n then felt all their stomach acids go down and settle in their gut once more. "Wow, thanks Lappy" Y/n said as they put the bucket down. "It was nothing" Lapis said, Y/n then hugged Lapis, surprising her. "It wasn't nothing, if I vomited we would of had to go back to shore and ruin your fun" Y/n said, finishing the hug, "Now, you wanted to learn how to fish the old fashion way?" Y/n added as they looked Lapis in the eyes. "Yes please" Lapis said blushing, "Well, it's pretty simple. You start with a rod, and you put a hook on the end of your line. And then you throw the hook into the ocean with a swing, when you feel a nibble, you reel it in. And there it is. You've caught yourself a fish to eat!" Y/n said, giving Lapis the rod they had already thrown out.

"But why would a fish ever bite a hook?" Lapis asked, holding the fishing rod awkwardly, Y/n fixed her posture as Greg said "You got to bait it. Put something on it you know it wants, like a worm or a twenty dollar bill. Here, I'll show you. Fishing" Greg had thrown his line out at as he said fishing. Y/n had sat down with Steven and Lapis with the fishing pole on a special holding spot.

"When does the fish part happen?" Lapis asked while holding her head up impatiently. "Well, sometimes it isn't about the fish you keep, but the company you catch. Woah! I got a bite!" Greg said happily as the line tugged. Hard.

Steven gasped as he got up and looked into the water, "Lappy, here! Give it a try! Hold it just like that and reel it in slowly" Y/n said as they grabbed the pole from Greg nicely and passed it to Lapis. "Like this Y/n?" Lapis asked as she pulled back on the rod, "You got it. It looks like a big one!" Greg said as he joined Steven at looking into the water. The line was becoming harder to hold and Y/n noticed that, going behind Lapis and grabbing onto the fishing pole with her.

"Wow... A tough fish" Y/n said, their hands turned silver. The fishing pole then became silver, making it stronger. "Lapis! Y/n!" Steven said grabbing onto Y/n and pulling, "Steven!" Greg replied as he helped pull with the others. Steven grunted out "You got it, Lapis! Reel it in!", Lapis was holding on with all her might. "It's... pulling... to hard!" Lapis grunted to trying harder.

The line stayed strong as a silhouette appeared in the water, the silver ability had made the string stronger, almost unbreakable. "We got this damn fish!" Y/n said as they grabbed the rod completely, Lapis and Steven as well as Greg all stood back as Y/n's arms turned completely silver with the armor slowly forming around it. Y/n was walking across the boat, slowly pulling up the thrashing fish. "What is that thing?!" Greg asked as he looked over board. The ship shook violently as Y/n held their ground.

"Ahh!, Ugh! What was that?" Steven groaned as he fell onto Lapis. The shaking happened more, making everyone fall over and Y/n let go of the pole, returning it back to normal and the silver arms disappeared. "Steven, hold on!" Greg said as he held onto his son. "Is everything okay, First Mate Dad?" Steven replied. "Shh! You hear that?" Greg asked as the boat stopped thrashing. "Uhhh... no" Steven replied again after gaining his stance. "I guess it stopped. I think something's wrong with the boat" Y/n said turning the ship's wheel to no success.

-------------------------------