Chapter 24. Alone At Sea Pt.1

Y/n had been in the hospital for nearly a week, they were nearly able to leave. Y/n had put their presents back into the boxes to make sure they were safe.

The gems and Steven would visit every now and then while Silver stayed over a couple of nights, unfortunately Dr. Maheswaran told her to leave because of the hospital rules. Steven even told Y/n about how he helped Fish Stew Pizza and the Fry Shack become friends, by making their own restaurant. And then how he had a connected dream with Kiki from the pizza place and fought a cheese monster and how he also half healed a corruption for awhile and then brought her home. "Wish I was there" Y/n said to them self as they looked at the calendar, "One more day" Y/n continued.

Y/n had snoozed off in peace as they realized that this week was about as violent as a worm, Y/n didn't break any bones or get cut up. worst part of this week would be the hospital food and Dr. Maheswaran's constant check ups. Y/n was floating in nothingness. "Wait?" Y/n said with an echo around them, "Is this... a dream?" Y/n added as they flew around the dark space of nothing.

Suddenly Y/n was on a boat, they could see a blue shape as well as a small yellow and red one. suddenly an orange shape burst out of the water next to them, waking Y/n up.

Y/n got up in the bed to see Lapis and Steven sitting at the edge of the bed "Apparently Steven has a surprise for me" Lapis said as she sat down on a chair behind her. "Aaaand we heard that you can finally leave today!" Steven said as he belly flopped onto the bed. "Yeah, last time I heard surprise it nearly killed me" Y/n said as they got out of bed. "And I need a shower because apparently this hospital doesn't have one" Y/n continued as they smelt their shirt in disgust.

"I can help with that" Lapis stated as she lifted her hand. A ball of water formed over Y/n's head and began dropping water down like rain. "Thanks Lapis but I think I'll stick with a real shower" Y/n said as they grabbed the presents and went outside with Lapis and Steven.

Y/n was finally out of the smelly and horrid hospital, no showers, no decent food. Y/n was definitely gonna suggest some changes to Connie andDr. Maheswaran.

The first thing Y/n saw was Greg's van. Steven quickly ran into the back of the van with Lapis, "The patient gets the passenger seat!" Steven cheered as he opened the passenger door from the back of the van.

Y/n had noticed a boat pier ahead before they were blindfolded by Steven, "No looking until we say" Greg said as he stopped the car. Steven then brought Y/n out of the car and told Lapis to cover her eyes. Y/n then heard the sound of someone changing and then they heard the van door open with heavy footsteps running past and onto the pier.

"I'm starting to guess the surprise, Steven" Lapis said in a monotone voice, "Same, the ocean smell and the sound of it is kinda pointing it out" Y/n added. "I told you to close your eyes! And keep your blindfold on!" Steven said as he stood between Y/n and Lapis.

Y/n and Lapis laughed a bit "Sorry" Lapis said with a giggle. "Okay, wait here" Steven added as he ran off in the other direction of who Y/n was guessing was Greg. "Surprise!" Greg and Steven happily said, Y/n removed their blindfold and Lapis opened her eyes. The two looked up to see a big yacht with Greg and Steven standing on it, Greg was dressed in a sailors uniform and Steven wore a yellow life jacket.

"We bought a boat!" Steven said in cheer as he gestured to the yacht. "Uh, correction. We rented a boat. I may be rich, but buying a boat would be going a bit overboard" Greg said scratching the back of his head smiling. "Ayyy" Steven smiled and said as looked at Greg, "Ayyyyy" Greg replied more excitingly, "Ayyyyy!" Both Greg and Steven said at the same time. "Bad joke honestly" Y/n whispered to Lapis, getting a laugh from her.

"Just a joke I picked up from some sailors. They have a surprisingly clean sense of humor" Greg stated as Y/n and Lapis got onto the boat with Steven and Greg. "Well, I'll get the boat started" Greg said after a long awkward silence. "So what do you think?" Steven asked, mainly directing the question to Lapis. "It's nice, Steven... but I don't know" Lapis said looking into the water as the boat started moving. "Yeah, to be fair she spent most of her life on Earth down there... and not happily" Y/n said in a somewhat sad tone.

"Yeah but water is a part of who she is Y/n, she can't just avoid it forever" Steven said as brushed his hand in the ocean. "Just give it a chance. I promise we'll make this the most fun you've ever had" Steven added looking over at Lapis, "Steven, I... Don't deserve this" Lapis argued looking at the distance. "Of course you do! Look, they even named it Lil'Lappy" Y/n noticed and pointed out. The name then slowly pealed off to show the name S.S. MISERY, making Y/n and Lapis snort of laughter a bit.

"Okay. I'll give it a chance. But, just one" Lapis said as she looked across the ocean. "Wow, I think I did a number on that dock. Maybe somebody else should take a shot at being captain. What do you say, Captain Lazuli?" Greg said as he realized that he accidentally ripped a plank off the pier.

"I shouldn't" Lapis said as she stepped back from the wheel, "Don't worry Lappy, I used to always sail with my Dad in his boat. I can help you learn" Y/n said as they stood behind Lapis who was now at the controls. Y/n then put their hands onto the back of Lapis's hands and directed her right hand to a sideways pole, Y/n then got Lapis's other hand onto the wheel which they then made turn a bit to the right to circle around a bit.

"Okay now pull back on the throttle" Y/n said as they pointed at the sideways lever that Lapis's hand was on. "But do it slowly" Y/n warned as they pulled back on the throttle gently, while also holding onto the back of Lapis's hand. "O-oh sorry" Y/n said as they noticed what they were doing. "Wait... I still need help" Lapis said, grabbing Y/n's hand. Y/n smiled and blushed as they continued to help her.

Steven and Greg then began to fish as Y/n and Lapis happily piloted the boat across the sea.

-------------------------

there, finisheddd

-------------------------