Settled (these chapter titles suck, but whatever)

Halfborn's POV:
      We lead our new neighbor through the streets of Boston. Mallory Keen, the red headed, Irish woman, ignored the arguments between TJ and I. Her bright green eyes watching the streets and people.
         She fascinated me. I couldn't figure out why, my eyes kept darting to her. The anger I felt for TJ erasing my term paper that was due in two days had melted away. Though I did plan on getting him back for it, of course.
      "So, Mal." TJ addressed her, "do you have a job lined up?"
       "Not yet." She shrugged.
"Well-"
"TJ's trying to get you work at the boring museum with him." I cut in.
"It's not boring." He protests.
      "Only the tours you lead."
"My tours are fascinating."
  "Guys!" Mallory grabs our attention.
"I can't work at a museum, because I don't know anything about the exhibits."
       "You could work at the café, that's the second job I share with the runt here." I offer. Though I immediately regret it, I wouldn't be able to focus at all if the red head was working next to me.
         "Yeah, they give good tips." TJ adds, eyeing me for some odd reason.
"As much as I want to avoid you two, I guess I'll check it out." Mallory stated.
"Prefect, we can stop by today and you can meet to manager." TJ chirped happily.
We did a lap around the neighborhood, then walked to Uncle Rick's Café & Breakfast.
"The owner is a bit waked, but you don't see him too much." I warn as we walk through the door.
"Hey, Amir!" I waved to the manager, who finished putting whipped cream on a customer's coffee.
      "Hey, it's not your guy's day, is it?" Amir looks at the check in list behind him.
       "No, our friend, Ms. Keen here, was wondering if you had any job opportunities." TJ stated, Mallory stepped forward and shook Amir's hand.
"Mallory Keen." She introduced, looking him in the eye.
       "Well, we have been short on staff and, you two have worked here for how many years?" Amir, ran his hands through his hair.
"We've worked here for about, two years." I offer.
       "We've been short on staff ever since Leo..." He trailed off and TJ looked down.
        Leo had been a cook at the café, his mom died in a fire and he abruptly took off for Long Island. TJ and Leo had been close friends. Though the  McShizzel got a bit annoying sometimes, he had been a nice guy and a good cook.
       "You're hired!" Amir announced. "You can start Monday."
       "Thank you, sir." Mallory shook his hand again, a smile on her face, making her freckles dance.
       "TJ, Halfborn," Amir called as they walked out the door. "If this ends badly, I wouldn't want to be you two." He warned.
       I just nodded and waved as we walked out of the café.
        "Thanks for the hook up guys." Mallory said as we made our way back to the Valhalla Apartments.
The sun was beginning to set and dinner time was approaching. My stomach was beginning to regret skipping lunch.
"Let's stop by Medusa's." I suggest as we walk past the diner.
"For once I agree with the idiot." TJ says.
We walk into the diner that was full of statues.
"This place is weird." I heard Mallory mutter as she rapped her knuckles on a statute.
"Yeah, creepy place. But the burgers are amazing." TJ said, sidestepping a women statue.
We all got burgers to go and continued our walk back to Valhalla.
I watched as Mallory wiggled the key a few times before opening her door.
"See, you around idiots." She said before shutting the apartment door again.
I stared at the closed door.
"What's with you? You finally shut your big mouth." TJ said smugly behind me.
"Shove off, Jefferson." I mutter before pushing him roughly and walking to my apartment.
Once safety inside, I locked the door and sat at my table over looking the Boston street below.
My burger was as amazing as always. I stared out the window thinking of my new neighbor.
She was gorgeous, and tough, and smart, and-
"Wait." I pushed back my burger, shaking my head.
I can't like her, she was rude and snotty and a smart-ass...
But her eyes are that bright green and her freckles twinkle like stars and...
This is ridiculous. I just met her and I hardly know her.
I save the rest of my dinner for tomorrow.
Laying in bed that night I still couldn't stop thinking about the Irish women sleeping only a hallway away.