Mallory's Lost It

Mallory's POV:
I knew what day it was. It had been exactly a year since I had decided to leave Ireland.
I was prepared to go about my normal day until I saw the news. I was just about to leave when I saw a woman sobbing on the camera.
"My son, his friends." She chokes out. Guilt washes over me and I sink to the floor.
Pulling my knees to my chest I bury my face in my lap. Rocking back and forth as sobs rack my body.
"How could I?"
"I'm an idiot!" I mutter, drool dripping down my chin with my tears.
"Mal?" I hear TJ knock on my door. I try to stifle my sobs, and normal my voice, wiping my face.
"I don't feel good, I'm not going in today." I say.
"Are you okay?" He asks, concern in his voice. I started crying again, I didn't deserve his concern. He should be disgusted by me.
"Y-yeah." I struggle to get out.
"Okay." He says slowly.
I left Amir a voicemail saying I wasn't going to come in today.
After a bit I was on the couch, making myself watch every single news story on the victim's friends and families.
At about noon, the time we would have our lunch break at the café, someone knocked on my door.
"Keen?" It was Halfborn.
I didn't answer, hoping he would think I was asleep.
"Mallory? I brought you some lunch." He tried again. "I don't want it leave it out here, incase that guy from floor 63 comes around. I swear he's stealing people's welcome mats."
I laughed, for the first time all day.
"Okay, I'll leave this out here. It's not my fault if someone takes it." He mutters.
I wait a bit before grabbing the top-aware of soup and crackers. I laughed at Halfborn's vomit faces drawn on the plastic. Then started crying again.
Halfborn's POV:
The work day was strangely quiet without the redhead. During our lunch break, TJ and I took some of the café's soup to her with some crackers.
She didn't answer her door, she may have been sleeping. Mallory had been fine the day before, maybe she ate something last night.
After my shift at the café, I went to start my shift at the library.
Gladys and I shelved books and I helped a few kids find some books.
When my shift ended I headed back to my apartment. The soup was gone from Mack's door so I asume she either got it or that guy took it. What was that dude's problem?
I finished a term paper then turned
in for the night at about eleven.
  My dream was not pleasant and screams shook my skull. "Mallory! TJ!" I call, nothing but screams answer me. Suddenly I appeared in a busy Boston street. When I tried to move a car blocked my path.
The screams still filled the air. I began to panic, the screams seemed to come from everywhere.
I snapped out of my dream, and woke up in a sweat. I heard my ringtone and I struggled to grab the buzzing device.
It was Mallory. The message read: Ur berd smelllllsssssss
I checked the time, it was 1:15am.
"How sick is she?" I ask to the empty room.
Another message came: Why u sooo hotttteeee
"I've got to call her." I mutter. Her phone rings a few times before she picks up.
"Mal? How high is your fever?" Then I heard the loud music and other people.
"Keen? Where are you?" I say, pulling on pants over my smiley face boxers.
"You're smart." Her words were slurred and she broke into giggles.
"Keen, did you drink too much cough syrup or something?" I tug on a shirt, trying to get my socks and shoes on. 
"I've got to go Gundy, Beatrice has some more sparkly fizzy."
"No! Mack! Don't-" the phone on the other end went dead.
       I stumbled out the door, banging on TJ's door.
"Jefferson!" I say, not caring too much about complaining neighbors.
"Thomas Jeffers-" the door swung open and I nearly smacked a exhausted TJ in the face.
        "The hell Gunderson! Do you have any idea what tim-"
"Mack's drunk in some bar or something!" I say, as soon as TJ determines this is no joke. He pulls on sweats over his Declaration of Independence boxers and some shoes.
       We ran out of the apartments, sprinting to the nearest bar.
      A thousand scenarios ran through my mind, few were good.
"What if she's pasted out?"
"What if someone steals her purse?"
"What if she doesn't remember where she is?"
"What if-"
        "Jefferson would you stop your rambling!" I say to silent TJ who was voicing my thoughts of worry.
        I stormed into the bar, scanning the crowd.
"I don't see her." I announce, walking over to ask the bartender.
"Have you seen a drunk red-head tonight?" I demand.
        "Look buddy, I've served lots of people tonight you've got-"
     "She's this tall," I place my hand to my the upper half on my chest where Mallory stands. "Has curly red hair, green eyes, freckles, might have looked sick, Irish accent. Carries a knife on her, and she's underage, she's freakin 19." I finish my rambling and the man places down the glass he was cleaning.
         "Okay, bud. If this is my inspection for the month, I don't serve underaged kids."
"This isn't a inspection I-"
       "Halfborn, she's not here." TJ comes up behind me.
       "Fine." I say, storming out of the bar and into the night.