Again Just: Finally

Halfborn's POV:
       Two weeks after the accident and I was able to go home. Though not without a cast on my leg with crutches; a gash in my head and bruises everywhere. But other than that and a few cracked ribs I was okay.
       Thankfully the doctor said I had a thick skull. This prevented any real damage from the hit.
       Magnus picked me up from the hospital, from there we hailed a cab and went home.
      TJ and Mallory were at the café, even though they had visited whenever they could, I really wanted to see them outside the gloomy hospital.
        Things have been awkward with Mallory and I since the crash.
       I sighed and Magnus left for school once I was in my apartment. Leaving me alone with my thoughts.
     I got caught up on some school work then tried to think what to say to Mallory.
      Finally I fell asleep at the table, from pure exhaustion.
      I woke up from a knock at my door. The clock said 9:45. I struggled with my crutches and the lock before opening the door. 
      The red-head herself stood there, looking nervous.
"Halfborn, I um. I broke up with Blitz." She finally managed. "It's fine, turns out he's gay. Um also, I realized I love someone else."
         My mind didn't seem to be working. I thought I heard the words 'love' come from Mallory Keen's  mouth.
        "I've been kind of a jerk the last month. But um, I guess. This is dumb." She says laughing hysterically.
      "I hate you, you stupid, perfect oaf." She finally managed.
       I stared at her, my mind going at snails pace to register her words. When I finally did I leaned down and kissed her.
       Her lips tasted amazing. She put her arms around my neck. I went to put my arms around her, until I remembered my injuries.
        I fell to the ground, from letting go of my crutches with a thunk.
"Ow." I mutter, my ribs in severe pain.
    Mack laughed, then she helped me to my feet.
"You way a ton, fat ars." She grunts, as I use her for support.
      "Shut up, woman." I say, no venom in my voice at all.
     After a bit we finally got me to my bed. Mallory went back and grabbed my crutches from the hall. 
       When she came back, she leaned in for a quick kiss. I had another idea in mind, I cupped her head in my hands and pulled her onto the bed.
       She yelped and fell next to me.
"Oaf, you're going to break another rib." She says, but still kisses me.  
    I smile like the idiot the girl I loved kept telling me I was.
     I can feel her smile against my face. My fingers ran through her unruly hair.
       After what felt like forever, Mack began to drift off into sleep.
        I kissed her curls and allowed for the best sleep of my life to come over me.