Normal Work Days

Mallory's POV:
        It had been six months since I had moved into Valhalla Apartments. I had grown closer with TJ and Halfborn. At first, my two hall-mates refused to be near each other. They hated each other, eventually they came around though, with a little force.
TJ, I learned, was now in his last year of college and was majoring in American history. He had lived in Boston all his life and had lived at Valhalla for about a year.
Halfborn, was getting a degree in philosophy at a online school in order to work and pay for his necessities. He was very intelligent and worked at the Boston library on the side. He had moved from Norway when he was twelve with his mother before she pasted away from cancer.
I pulled a black shirt with an Irish band logo on the front, over my head with some jeans and combat boots. The little tv in the living room had the news on, it was showing the latest news on the bus bombing in Ireland. I turned the tv off before I could listen to it.
       I then grabbed an apple before meeting my neighbors in the hall to head to work. We worked Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm at the café. I had landed a second job at a department store for evenings 6pm-11pm Monday-Thursday. I spent my weekends with my hall-mates.
"Morning idiot." I greet with a mouthful of apple.
"Morning Mal." TJ greets.
We talk about the newest muffin flavor at the café while we wait for Halfborn who is always late.
"Took you long enough." TJ grumbles when Gunderson finally comes out.
"One of these days, we are going to leave your sorry, arse." I say, he just rolls his eyes.
"TJ has been saying that since we starting working there." He says.
"Whatever, we're going to be late." TJ mutters as he walks down the hall.
"You've been saying that since then too." Halfborn calls after him before following.
We walk down the early streets of Boston in the spring with the other morning zombies.
"No, oaf. A chocolate lemon smoothie does not sound good." I say to the terrible person walking next to me.
"What do you know about food combinations? It would be perfect." He fires back.
"Yuck, citrus and chocolate don't go together."
"What about strawberries?"
"They aren't citrus!"
"But they're tart."
"That doesn't mean they're citrus!"
"B-" TJ cuts off Halfborn's response.
"Would you two shut up!" He demands in front of us.
I throw my apple core at the back of the historian's head. 
      "Hey!" He protests, Halfborn and I chuckle.
      We walk into Uncle Rick's Café & Breakfast, checked in and grabbed our aprons.
      A early customer orders a Frappuccino, I go  to grab the cinnamon but Halfborn steps back and blocks my way.
"Move your fat arse, oaf." I say as I try to push him out of the way without spilling the frappe I was holding.
         "Hold your horses woman!"
"I have no horses to hold! Just this cooling frappe that needs cinnamon!"
      "You should have grabbed it earlier!"
      "Guys!" TJ protests.
"Shut up TJ!" We yell at the same time.
"Just move!" I demand.
"No!" We stare at each other, then he glances at the counter seeing that no one was maning it.
"I'm moving but it's just because no one is at the counter."
      The oaf then side stepped me and went to take the customer's order. Finally leaving me to get the cinnamon and give the impatient lady, named Sadie her drink.
—————-time skip
       It was after the lunch break and we had about three hours left on our shift.
      "Keen! You put too many strawberries in that smoothie!"
"No it's not Gunderson, there is no such thing as too many strawberries!"
     He went to say something else but I started the blender, drowning him out.
       Halfborn stopped talking and I shut off the blender, when he starting again I turned it back on.
      We did this for about a minute, Turing the blender off and on. Then I poured the smoothie and gave it to the man.
      Halfborn stood in front of me as I tried to move around him and grab a pastry.
        "Halfborn Gunderson! I sw-" Amir cut me off.
       "For the love of-" He started. "Okay, you guys, what does that sign say." He said gesturing to the sign across the the wall.
"Don't let Halfborn read it, he's to dumb to read." I say.
"Don't let Mallory read it, big words scare her." I elbow Halfborn in the ribs.
"Don't let either of them read it because they are both annoying." TJ adds.
      "It says," Amir states. "Our team is happy to make your day."
"It should say: our group of intolerant associates is happy to make your day." I say adding some jazz hands.
        "Very funny, Keen." Amir rolls his eyes, but Halfborn laughs behind me and butterflies flew in my stomach.
       "Just keep the arguing to a minimum please. Or you may just find yourselves out of a job." He gives a warning look before walking away as TJ gives him a solute.
     "Way to go, Keen." Halfborn mutters.
"Shove off, Gunderson." I say shoving him.
      The rest of the day went smoothly. I had time to stop by home, eat something and get to Daniel's to start my shift.
        We walked inside the building, I took a shower and grabbed a cold slice of pizza for dinner.
         "Hey Mal!" Halfborn runs to catch the elevator.
"What, oaf?" I say, taking a bite of pizza, my hair still a bit damp.
      "I'm concerned about the safety of anyone trying to stop you from getting to your destination on a late night in Boston." He said fidgeting with his hands.
       "I've been doing it for about six months, it's like six at night and I think I can handle myself." Besides, I'm armed with a knife that failed me before, I add in my head.
       "Sorry, about today. I don't want to lose our jobs." He says.
"Oh, so we're blaming you? Good, glad we're on the same page." I say, he chuckles.
        We walk in a slightly uncomfortable silence until we get to Daniel's.
"Well this is me, see you tomorrow." I say before walking into the store.
      "Who is that." My co-worker Piper asks, eyeing Halfborn walking away.
"A neighbor." I say, hiding a slight blush.