And The Morning After

Halfborn's POV:
I woke up to shuffling at my side. I ignored it and tried to fall asleep again.
Then something groaned, that caught my attention. My arm seemed to be around some moving thing. Much to my dismay I had to open my eyes to figure the mystery out.
I opened my eyes and was met by a female form snuggled into my side. The events of last night came back to me. I smiled and readjusted my arm around her waist. Then closed my eyes and went back to sleep.
——————- timeskip
Mallory's POV:
I was awoken by a dreaded smell in my face. My eyes snapped open, an was met my Halfborn's snoring face.
I smiled remembering last night and closed my eyes again. Until I remembered what day it was.
It was Thursday, a work day. I wiggled out of Halfborn's arms and ran to my room to get a fresh pair of cloths on. The lucky ars was on paid-leave for his injuries so I thankfully didn't have to take time to wake him.
I threw on a green shirt with the sleeves cut off and a pair of jeans. Shoving a piece of bread in my mouth as I headed out my door.
"Hey, Mack." Magus said.
"How'd you sleep last night?" TJ adds, sharing Magnus' shit eating grin
"Shove off you two." I growl.
"You're welcome for waiting." Magnus said sarcastically. I just rolled my eyes and stomped to the elevator.
It was a painful walk to the café. With two idiots bugging me comments and questions.
"Is he a good kisser?"
"Is his beard itchy?"
"Did you guys do it?"
At the last one blushed and punched TJ in the arm, hard.
"Okay, geez, Mal." He whined.
       I stormed into the café and tied my apron around my waist.
    It was a slow day, a few customers came in but nothing too interesting. It had even started drizzling to dampen the mood.
      That was until a girl walked in wearing a green hijab ten minutes before closing. She shook off her umbrella and smiled at me as she approached the counter.
       "Hi, I'll have a tall vanilla roast, please." She said. "And I would like a word with the manager." A hint of a blush on her cheeks.
       I quirked am eyebrow at her request. "Okay, a name for the drink?"
"Sam."
      "Thank you, that'll be right out." I rehearsed, smiling.
        "Jefferson! Tall vanilla roast!" I order making my way over to the kitchen where Amir was.
I spot my manager looking at some paperwork.
"Amir-"
"I'm going to stop you right there last time you came in here there Magnus was on fire and you were asking for the fire extinguisher." He says, cutting me off.
"That was one time and, it was Halfborn's fault. That's not the point. There's a girl named Sam at the counter asking for you."
I watch Amir's reaction. His cheeks turned a slight red and his eyes widened.
"So," I smirk at him. "Who is she?" I question.
"A friend." He said shortly. Then he pushed past me and left the kitchen. I quickly followed him.
Magnus, TJ, and the girl we're talking and laughing about something.
"You guys make friends quickly." I say joining them.
"This is Sam, she and I were friends in school." Magnus explained.
       "I'm Samirah al-Abbas, but I go by just Sam." Sam introduces herself.
      "I'm TJ, this is Mallory." TJ says. "So how do you know Amir?"
       "We're ju-" Sam starts but Magnus quick to cut in.
      "They're betrothed!" He says with a shit eating grin.
    Both Amir and Sam share a blush. I was taken back from the betrothed thing. Though they obviously loved each other, I was just too stubborn to agree with that thing for myself.
      "Oh, so you have taken Amir's heart." TJ says with a smirk, creating a even deeper blush for the two.
       Amir glanced at his watch, "Well we just need to clean up and then-"
      "Mack and I can clean up. You and Sam can go." TJ suggests with a overly innocent look on his face.
      Amir gave TJ a death glare.
"Oh, I just came to say hi. I didn't mean to intrude." Sam said flushed.
      "Not at all, there's not much anyways. Go have fun." Magnus encouraged, waving them off.
      "Um, okay. See you guys Monday." Amir called, Sam holding the door for him as they walked out the door.
       The rest of us watched them through the window until they were out of view.
       "Way to go guys now we get to clean the entire shop." I groan.
"It's not that bad, Mack. It was a slow day anyway." TJ says gleefully picking up a rag.
I groan again at his cheerfulness, picking up a rag nether the less.

A/N
      I looked up the guidelines for Islamic betrothed. There I found that the two can not be in a secluded place together. Therefore it's okay for Sam and Amir to be in each other's company in public without a chaperone.
        If this is incorrect, sorry if I offended someone. Thanks for reading and stay insane fellow fan-humans!