Chapter 8

It had been three months since Darran had last said anything to Dan or Phil. He became quiet and isolated, he seemed to keep his head down in shame or maybe even fear. He was the old boy that Phil once knew, the one he fell in love with. This made Dan slightly nervous, but he trusted Phil and accepted that Phil loved him.

Phil had also noticed that Dan's behaviour was very different. He seemed more confident somehow, more sure of himself and not as shy or inclosed, he wasn't damaged or broken like he was when Phil met him. Dan would always hold Phils hand that little bit tighter when they walked past Darran in the halls, if anyone said anything nasty about Dan then he would he quickly to tell them to fuck off.

However if anyone said anything about Phil then Dan wouldn't hold back in starting a full blown fight with them.

Everyon noticed how Dan had changed, but it was in a good way, he seemed happier than he was before. No one really knew what bought on the change, but Dan did.

He thought a lot, he thought about how selfish he was, how Phil always stood up for him and helped him but Dan really never did a thing for Phil or anyone, not even his brother. So slowly, Dan changed that, keep this to himself made it somehow easier.

Other than in personality Dan had changed a lot in appearance as well. He seemed to be taller than before, he at last cut that long hair that he hated and replaced it with a far shorter one, his voice slightly deeper and (After a slightly-not drunk game of truth or dare game with his brother a week and a half before) He had a lip and eyebrow piercing now, which he oddly liked.

Phil loved the new Dan. Besides his more confident personality, he loved his new piercings and his hair and how he's taller. Phil also loved how Dan would defend him, and everytime he would get teased, it would make Phil's heart beat faster.

It was the end of the day and Dan was holding Phil's hands as they walked through the halls to go home. Dan sighed. "Baby I can't go out today, i'm helping Kai clean his room and then we're gonna do mine."

Phil nodded a little dissapointedly. "Need any help?"

Dan smiled. "Yeah, i'm sure Kai won't mind, he likes you."

Phil grinned widely, swinging their hands as they walked out of the school gates. On the way out however, Phil spotted Darran in the corner of his eye. It loooked like he had been beat up. Well he had stopped bullying and he kind of reminded Phil of the old Darran.

"What's up?" Dan asked as Phil had stopped walking.

"We have to help him." Phil said seriously, turning to Darran, Nobody was around since they came out of school late.

"What?" Dan asked shocked. "Are you kidding me?"

"But look at him! He...He seems different now, please, he needs help!" Phil protested.

Dan bit his lip, he really did hate the idea, but Phil seemed like he really wanted to help Daran. Dan sighed in defeat. "Okay.."

Phil pecked Dan's cheek in appretiation and thanks, bending down infront of Darran. "H-Hi, um..." Phil trailed off, holding his hand out for Darran. "Need any help?"

Darran bit his lip and looked up at Phil through tear filled eyes. "R-Really?"

Phil smiled warmly. "Yes doofus really." He joked, gently helping him up.

Darran smiled and managed to stand on his own. "Thanks.."

Dan sighed. "Come on." Dan mumbled, not happy about this at all. Dan started to walk towards the exit to the school.

"You know, I may be delusional but I think your slowly returning to nice Darran from cunt Darran." Phil commented quietly.

"T-That's what I'm trying to do.." Darran said quietly.