Act 2 Scene 11: Sinking Feeling

Dune: Fangs, this is bad.

Fangs: What's bad? You didn't like my family?

Turk: Your family's adorable!

Dune: I'm not talking about your family. I'm talking about my family.

Fangs: Your-

Dune: The human family.

Fangs: Oh, yes.

Turk: There does seem to be something odd going on.

Dune: Something odd? They're on the brink of disaster!

Fangs: Well, I don't know about disaster...

Dune: Yes, disaster! Didn't you see the way Elisabeth and Emily were looking at each other?

Turk: They looked...I don't know, mad?

Dune: Yes, mad! Every time they talk to each other it's like they're stepping on rocks. Something bad is going to happen, I'm sure of it.

Fangs: I think so too. And I think it will happen soon.

Dune: Why? Why is this happening?

Fangs: Do you want my professional opinion?

Turk: I didn't know you were a professional.

Dune: Alright.

Fangs: Well, I think Elisabeth doesn't like what's happening with Emily. Fritz obviously wants the family to accept her, but since Jacqui and Elisabeth aren't especially fond of her, it's created dischord with the rest of the family. Emily wants to be part of the family. She's lonely and needs a place. Laurence is having a hard time choosing a side. Franz doesn't understand what's going on, but he loves both his mother and Emily. Abigail is worried about what would happen if she clearly sided with Emily and Fritz, and Jacqui is just wanting something out of the ordinary to happen.

Dune: That was surprisingly accurate.

Fangs: Thank-you.

Turk: Here comes Jacqui.

Jacqueline: Fangs! Come here, boy!

Fangs: (To Jacqui) Coming! (To the dogs) See you later!

Dune and Turk: Bye!