Tryouts

I'm sitting on the bleachers with Margaret and Ming as we wait for the tryouts to start. Jay and Carlos are trying out for Tourney.

"Nervous?" Ming asks me.

"No, I just want to get this over and done with." I groan.

"You lost the drinking game. You refused to lick the salt from my neck." Margaret took out shot glasses and a bottle of gin.

"One reason why I love you." I take my yellow shot glass. Ming takes her red shot glass and Margaret pours us three some gin.

Margaret holds her dark green shot class in the air so me and Ming do the same. "May the luck of the Scottish be with us."

"Cheers." We all say before taking a shot. I stop drinking to watch Jay play Tourney. He practically destroys everyone in his path, even scrawny Carlos. Jay scores a goal and does a happy dance which involves some breakdancing. I giggle at his behaviour. Margaret slaps my face.

"Ow! Maggie!" I slap her arm.

"You giggled! You never giggle!" Margaret grabs my shoulda and starts to shake me. "What have the new kids done to you?"

"Maggie, she's fine." Ming stops her from shaking me.

"She giggled at Jay!" Margaret shouts. I cover her motives with my hand.

"Calm down." I tell her and she nods.

"What do you think?" Jay walks over to us with Carlos. Margaret and Ming shrug.

"You were good." I smile.

The coach walks up to us. "You girls trying out for the cheer team?"

"Yes!" Ming and Margaret squeal.

"You should head over to Audrey." Coach leads us to Audrey. Jay and Carlos stand with him as I tap Audrey on the shoulder.

She turns around and groans. "Do you have to tryout?"

"I lost a drinking game." I roll my eyes.

"Fine." Audrey takes out her phone. "What song do you need?"

"Shut Up And Drive by Rihanna." I smile and I stand with Margaret and Ming. Audrey plays the song and we start our cheer routine we have been practising. We do flips, side aerials, back bends, all sorts. We end in the splits and everyone applauds us.

"You were good, I guess." Audrey shrugs.

"Good? Audrey, they were amazing." Jordan walks up to us. "You guys are going to look even better than the whole new world Aladdin showed Jasmine."

"Thanks, Jordan." We give each other a high-five. Audrey sighs and gives us two pom-poms each. Margaret and Ming squeal and shake their pom-poms.

"Come on, O.M.I's. Let's go and get out of these stupid dresses." I drag Margaret and Ming to our dorm. I slam the door, flop down on my bed and I scream into my pillow.

"What's the gist, physicist?" Ming asks me.

"I'm in love." I flip over onto my back. My friends squeal.

"How have you ended up falling in love?" Ming sits me up.

"Love is a horrible feeling." I sigh.

"You'll get use to it." Margaret sits down next to me.

"You're good friends." I smile. Someone knocks on our door.

"Ming." They knock again. "Ming." They knock again. "Ming." Margaret runs to the door. The person knocks on the door again. "Margaret."

Margaret knocks on the door. "Melody." Me and Ming start laughing.

Melody knocks on the door. "Margaret."

Margaret knocks on the door. "Melody."

Melody knocks on the door. "Margaret."

Margaret knocks on the door. "Melody."

Melody knocks on the door. "Penda."

I switch places with Margaret and I knock on the door. "Melody."

Melody knocks on the door. "Penda."

I knock on the door. "Melody."

Melody knocks on the door. "Penda!" I open the door. "You're so annoying."

"So are you for knocking on our door three times while saying our names everyday." I roll my eyes. Melody comes to our dorm everyday so she doesn't seem like a loner and she's friends with Ming.

"What's up, buttercup?" Ming sits down on her bed with Melody.

"Some girls have asked me to hang out with them on Saturday." Melody smiles.

"Who?" Margaret asks her.

"My cousins." Melody sighs.

"Go for it. Get out there." I push her outside before shutting the door.

"You guys are good friends!" Melody shouts from the hallway. I don't hear her footsteps.

"If you knock, you're dead!" I tell her. I finally hear her footsteps as she walks away.