Did I Mention?

I'm on the Tourney field watching the game.

"Lighten up, Juliet." Ming punches me lightly.

"Do you see how dangerous this game is? What if Jay and Carlos end up getting hurt. Especially Jay." I sigh.

"Come on. Jay and Carlos haven't played yet. This is the closest you've ever been to a Tourney game." Margaret smiles. That's a true fact. I just watch it from the roof while getting tipsy.

"I'll try to have fun." I do a back flip.

"Go, Ben!" We do side aerials together.

"Ohay, ohay!" Everyone shouts.

"This is a nail-biter, folks. There's forty seven seconds left on the clock. We're all tied up. The Sherwood falcons, two. The fighting knights, two. What a game between Auradon's fiercest rivals." The announcer is making me more nervous. Chad runs onto the field. "The teams get into their huddles and take up positions along the kill zone." Oh, Shango. "The dragoneers have been laying down a withering hail of fire. He's bringing that hothead Jay in from the Isle of the Lost and that little guy Carlos can barely hold a shield." Me, Ming and Margaret cheer for them.

"Show them who's boss!" We cheer.

"When they break from their huddles, this is gonna be a big moment here. And the tipoff is ready. Here we go." The announcer really does annoy me. "Long pass goes to Jay. Jay dishes off to prince Ben. Nice little block by Carlos. He does a little dancing jig in his opponent's face. And now Jay gets the ball back. Here comes Jay! Jay, hurdling maneuver at mid-field. Jay makes a nice pass to Prince Ben through the kill zone. Big block by Chad! Prince Ben moves over wide, gives it back to Jay. He's in the clear! Shot!
Oh, what a save by Philip, the Faalcons' goalkeeper! Twenty three seconds left. You could cut the tension with a sword." I hold up my sword.

"Where did you get that from?" Ming asks.

"I kept it in my dress." I smile. Margaret lowers it. "Fine." I put it away.

"The long ball is played into Jay. Jay, great jump, great leap. And a great move by Jay. Big block from Chad. Jay dishes off to Prince Ben. And then Carlos with a big block, goes down. Jay through the kill zone, picks up Carlos. Oh, he's being hammered by dragon fire. Still, going on. Jay, hurdling maneuver at mid-field. He's in the clear. The ball goes back to Jay. He passes to prince Ben. He scores! Prince Ben has won it! What an unselfish play by Jay! What a team! Incredible! And it's the new guys, Jay and Carlos, who set up the prince for the win here." I stop paying attention to the announcer to hug Jay and Carlos.

"Penny!" Carlos takes off his helmet and hugs me tightly. Jay grabs my waist, spins me around and kisses me.

"You were awesome!" I giggle.

"Not as incredible as you with the cheer routine." Jay pecks my cheek. Margaret and Ming hug them as well. Ben runs up to us and we hug him. Ben runs up to the announcer and takes the mic. The cheer team walks behind him but me, Ming and Margaret stay firm in our spots.

"Excuse me. Excuse me. Can I have your attention, please? There's something I'd like to say." Ben looks at us nervously. I nod at him. "Give me an M!"

"M!" Everyone shouts.

"Give me an A!"

"A!"

"Give me an L!"

"L!"

"What does that spell?" Ben asks.

"Mal!" We all shout. Us five exchange looks of oh-my-Shango.