Chemistry Test

I'm in Chemistry for a test. I hear Evie frantically looking for something but I have to concentrate. I finally look at her to see Doug doing the same.

"Evie, what are you doing?" I whisper.

"Can't talk." Evie tells me.

"Looking for something?" Mr. Deley holds up her mirror. "Thank you, Chad. It's gratifying to see someone still respects the honor code." I glare at Chad. "It will be my recommendation that you are expelled."

"Mr. Deley, I-" Evie starts.

"But that isn't fair." Doug stands up. I do the same. Obviously she wasn't cheating since she didn't have that...whatever it is."

"It's called a magic mir-" Evie tells him.

"You're not helping. Stop." Doug tells her. "Maybe she needed another pencil."

"Ever heard of 'its only considered cheating if you get caught'? Evie wasn't cheating because she didn't have her object and you can't assume she was cheating because if you do, I will 'just assume' you're dead while you're sleeping and bury you in a graveyard." My eyes shine brown.

"Penda?" Mr. Deley notices my eyes.

Evie places a hand on my shoulder to calm me down and my eyes shine red again. "Actually, I was-" She looks at Doug.

"Really, don't help." Doug looks at Mr. Deley. "Please."

"Please." Evie looks quite sad.

"Please." I say.

"Well, If you can pass this test, I'll return your property and let the matter drop." Mr. Deley looks at me and Evie and Doug get back to the test. "I would like to have a personal talk with you, Penda."

"Mr. Deley, I'm sorry for what I said." I look at my test.

"We'll talk about it later." Mr. Deley turns his back on me. I finish my test and I take out my phone.

Me- I'm in trouble with deley

Ming- what why

Me- I used my just assume catchphrase on him

Ming- oh penny

Margaret- why

Me- chad stole Evie's mirror, deley was going to expel her for having it and cheating, me and doug defended her, I used the catchphrase

Margret- you're an idiot

I put my phone away. I pretend the desk is my piano and I play You Don't Know Me by Elizabeth Gillies.

"Pens down!" Mr. Deley shouts. Everyone stops the test and he collects the tests in. "You may go." Everyone leaves but me. "Penda, we've had this talk before."

"I know that it was wrong to lash out on you." I look down.

"Why do you do it?" He asks me.

"Because I don't know my parents." I feel my eyes tear up.

"Not knowing your parents isn't an excuse." Mr. Deley sits down opposite me.

"I know my mom and she's an Isler. You know Simba and Nala and Kiara?" I ask. Mr. Deley nods. "Kiara married a lion named Kovu and his sister was my mom. Her name was Vitani. She was a very sick lioness and she died. Simba gave me to Timon and Pumbaa, but I feel the need to represent my mom more than anyone because she's an evil Pridelander."

"You may go." Mr. Deley watches me walk out of the lab. Margaret and Ming hug me.

"Are you okay?" Ming asks softly.

"We know what your mom can do to you." Margaret smiles.

"I'm fine, girls." I smile. I see the VKs. "I'll talk to you guys later."

"Bye." Margaret and Ming start making kissing sounds. I roll my eyes and stick up my middle finger at them.

"Hey, honeybee." I peck Jay's cheek.

"Hey, daffodil." Jay smiles.

"When do we have to go back for our test results?" Evie asks.

"After school." I reply. "I hope I do good."

"What's up, guys? We're already late for lesson." I ask them.

"Mal wants us to meet in mine and Jay's dorm for her next plan tomorrow night." Carlos says.

"Really?" I look at Mal. She nods. "We'll talk about it later." I run off to Mathematics.

Mrs. Jane stops teaching and she looks at me. "Why are you late?" She asks.

"I was talking to Mr. Deley." I gulp.

"Take your seat." She turns back to the whiteboard. I sit down with Melody, Ming and Margaret.

"You're an idiot." Margaret whispers to me.

"Tell me something I don't already know." I roll my eyes.

"You're the stupidest person I've ever met." Ming gently slaps my arm. "And that's saying a lot."

"I didn't mean to use 'just assume', okay? My anger overcame me." I sigh.

"I need more papers, class, so I'll be back in a minute." Mrs. Jane walks out of the classroom.

"Got in trouble with Deley then, Penda?" Someone shouts across the classroom. I groan and look to see Jimmy, son of John Smith.

"Of course she has. Adopted people are the worst." Phoebe, daughter of Pocahontas, tells him.

"You're just crazy." Jimmy smirks at me.

"There's only one solution to this." Phoebe looks me up and down.

"Are you on your period?" Phoebe and Jimmy ask me.

I stand up. I see Margaret, Ming and Melody take out their phones. "It's okay for my friends to call me crazy, but you, hi, cannot say that to me. In fact, don't ever base any of my actions or behaviours on the assumption that I'm on my period. Unless you see my physically opening a pad, don't just assume that because I'm angry I'm on my period because that is just annoying and tonight, when you're sleeping, I'll 'just assume' you're dead and bury you in the backyard." I sit down again. The class 'oohs' and Mrs. Jane walks back inside. I look at my friends. "Send me the video."

"Already done. It's in the group chat." Ming smiles.

"Me, Maggie, Minnie, Lonnie and Jordan are hanging out later on. Wanna join us?" Melody asks.

"Jay promised me a treat if I get a good score on my Chemistry chest. I don't know what it is but I'll see what I get on my test." I smile.

"We'll be happy either way." Ming tells me.