The flow of crimson

After working out some details and planning a route, P2, Luke, and Juliet were preparing some supplies before hitting the road.
Their objective: Find Ellen Summers, and entrust Juliet into her care. A simple task on paper, but little do they know, other groups are combing the area for the famous Red Girl, as well as her father, Gabe Summers.

P2 put in the last bag, and closed the trunk to a strange-looking craft. "There! I think we're ret-2-go!", he exclaimed. "How about you two"?

"I can't decide if I should bring my DS with me, or not", Luke said, looking at the device hesitantly. "I mean, if we have to fight, I'd be super bummed if got broken. Buuuuut, if where we have to go takes too long, I'll get bored"...

"Maybe it would be best to leave it", Juliet chimed in. "For safety".

Luke took one last look at it, and ran over to P2 and Juliet who were waiting at the vehicle. After they got in, they buckled up, and were ready to head out.

"Wait, P2, you don't know how to drive!", Luke exclaimed.

"I know. That's why Jack is", he grinned, pointing to a flashing screen.

"Everyone strapped in? Cuz I'm about to fire up the engines!", Jack said from the monitor. "Now I've planned our route, so we'll be making a few stops to refill on fuel, as well as you guys being able to stretch your legs every once in awhile.
To avoid suspicion, I'm gonna use this cloaking device to make it look like a normal car, but if we hit obstacles, it can adjust accordingly".

"This is too much! How long have you been able to build things like this???", Juliet asked, dizzy from his explanation.

"10. I moved up to the big guns after puberty".

"C'mooooon, let's go! Road trip! Road trip!", Luke chanted.

With that, Jack activated the vehicle, and they were off!
Juliet looked out the window, and took in all the different places. For a minute, she had forgotten what traveling was like. This feeling... The sense of adventure, nothing but the wind to their backs...
She felt so alive! This... This right here is what she had been missing out on from all those years being contained in that room.
And now she would get the chance to see her mother again, and spend her time aiding her, but with a more compromising relationship.
While they were driving, they came to a red light, and stopped for a brief moment. This gave them some time to to get to know each other a little better.

"So... I noticed you have the same colored eyes that I have, Luke. Does that mean you have genetic mutation as well?", Juliet asked.

" ...If being half-demon means gene... gen... whatever you said, I guess?", he replied, tilting his head.

"Hehe, you're pretty funny~ No, I mean really! Was it"?

"Actually, he's serious. Luke really is half-demon. Surprised me too when I found out", P2 said. "Show her, dude".

Luke pulled back his hair, revealing his pointed ears, and opened his mouth to reveal some fangs as well.
And to top it all off, his eyes began to glow, and his cloak tendrils began eerily wiggling! Juliet's face went pale, and sat further back in her seat.

"Told ya. H-hey I'm not that scary, honest!", the little boy said, not realizing what he did actually was pretty frightening.

"P-p-please don't eat me!", the stuttering girl said, cowering in the backseat.

"Julie, relax! Luke's a real nice guy! And the only thing he'd eat is most likely pizza", P2 reassured her.

" ...Promise"?

"Yeah! He's been a real big help in aiding me and Jack defend our home. You can rest easy"!

Slowly she sat back up. Now she felt a tad bit embarrassed. "Erm... Sorry. I just never heard of a nice demon before", she apologized quietly.

"Half. And don't mention it. It was actually kinda funny watching you get so spooked", Luke laughed in a teasing manner.

As they were chatting with one another, someone was walking by... Someone in a red hood! It was Zachary from the Children of Blood!
He was searching diligently for their supposed blood goddess, or any clues on her whereabouts. Just then, the sun shone down from amongst the clouds, hitting a window.
The light reflected from reflective surface, and shone on Juliet's hair, catching his eye!
He watched closely as she turned around to look out the window: Fair. Beautiful. And red hair and eyes. That HAD to be her!
But the one he was looking for was a goddess, an immortal being.

"Could she, perhaps, have taken human form??", he wondered. "Maybe being an almighty being would indeed scare us mere humans, so she chose a different form! Yes, that's it! SHE IS THE ONE"!

Juliet heard a muffled voice, and saw the red hooded-figure pointing towards her. She looked behind her, and back at the person.
He didn't change where he was pointing, so she was pretty confused, and a bit nervous. Why was he doing that?
He then started walking over to the vehicle, so she tapped on P2's shoulder.

"Hey, do you know who that guy is? He's really creepy", she asked.

P2 looked over. "Nnnnot ringing any bells. He looks like Death, but with a color change", he replied, jokingly.

Luke rolled down the window. "What do you want, we gotta be going soon", he said.

"Her", he said. "Release our blood goddess at once"!

"Aw man, how did we run into a kook already?? Go away before we beat your face in"!

"Er, what my friend's trying to say is, I think you have the wrong person. We don't"-

"Eyes and hair the color of our life force, skin as beautiful as a newborn baby. The face of a nurturing mother"...

Before he could finish, the light turned green, and P2 stepped on the gas pedal, giving the signal to the vehicle to drive faster.
As they sped off into the distance, Zachary took out a walkie-talkie, and told the others what he had witnessed.

"There are two other people with her. I know not who they are, but they have her in their custody! We must rescue from their clutches, and bring her back to her rightful place: Amongst her true followers!", he exclaimed dramatically.

Meanwhile, as they were going back along their path, Luke was looking out the window.

"...I don't see him. Yeesh, what a weirdo!", he sighed, readjusting in his seat.

"Wonder what he meant by 'blood goddess'. Any ideas, Julie? ...Julie?", P2 asked.

"I don't know... But... He could be part of some cult who worships me", she said in an uneasy voice.

"Say what!?", The two boys exclaimed.

"Or rather, my blood. My father dealt with many different people who paid a lot of money to get 'Red Girl salve'. But it wasn't hospitals like I thought, it was more like shady buyers. Probably people from black-markets...
Who knows what kind of people could be after me when they couldn't get more of my blood"?

"Don't worry about a thing. I promise we'll get you to your mom, no matter what", P2 smiled reassuringly.

"And we'll bust up any knucklehead that tries anything funny", Luke said, making a muscle.

Juliet looked at the two, and sighed a breath of relief. In the back of her mind, she knew something might happen, but more than anything she felt like she could put her trust in them to see her to her mother safely.